+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Iran.

Iran.

Got to be having an effect on their squad.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...atch-world-cup

Re: Iran.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Got to be having an effect on their squad.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...atch-world-cup
    My father's good friend is Iranian. He has been living and working in Europe for 25-30 years and is now retired. He has told me that any Iraninan player who has demonstrated in any way against the leadership of Iran will be fearful of reprisals on their return home. It's a terrible state of affairs. My dad's friend is the kindest and most humble man you are ever likely to meet and worked extremely hard to train as a dentist and set up his own practice. Listening to some of what he says about the regime in Iran is quite incredible.

Ordinary people in Iran have a reputation for being very hospitable, from what I hear.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Ordinary people in Iran have a reputation for being very hospitable, from what I hear.
    In the late 70s/early 80s I worked for the BP Tanker Company who had a joint venture with the National Iranian Tanker Company. I sailed with Iranian crews and visited some Iranian ports. All the Iranians I met were great people.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    In the late 70s/early 80s I worked for the BP Tanker Company who had a joint venture with the National Iranian Tanker Company. I sailed with Iranian crews and visited some Iranian ports. All the Iranians I met were great people.
    It's almost as if you shouldn't judge a people on its leader! Imagine that.

Yes i am sure they are very lovely people...but we need to smash them all over the pitch tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    Yes i am sure they are very lovely people...but we need to smash them all over the pitch tomorrow
    Absolutely. I could not care less for their hospitality once we kick off. Hopefully Kieffer can keep his elbows in or he'll be on a yellow early on!

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I've travelled all over the Middle East and in very remote places, including Afghanistan, Iraq and Iran and have always felt safe and welcome.

All those countries are absolutely stunning, with Iraq being my favourite.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    Most! if not all middle eastern countries are full of normal people trying to make a living and taking care of their families while being in some cases under a very harsh radical tyrannical oppressive governing body. Just take a look at the UK the GovT is a shambles yet there are people that will back up and support the corrupt government. Bonkers!

opps! yes Moore to get a few (need to keep it footy related)

Stop droning on about Iran..

Most! if not all middle eastern countries are full of normal people trying to make a living and taking care of their families while being in some cases under a very harsh radical tyrannical oppressive governing body. Just take a look at the UK the GovT is a shambles yet there are people that will back up and support the corrupt government. Bonkers!

opps! yes Moore to get a few (need to keep it footy related)
    Are you seriously comparing the UK government and anybody who supports them to oppressive regimes and their supporters?

I briefly dated a girl from Iran, she absolutely hated the people in power there. it has so much to offer as a country if it can free itself from the oppression it is under.

great climate, great food, really beautiful women, friendly people, beaches, mountains, skiing, tonnes of history

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Bosch View Post
    Are you seriously comparing the UK government and anybody who supports them to oppressive regimes and their supporters?
    give it a few years...yes

give it a few years...yes
    Most people really don't know what's coming.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Is there a NSFW version?