+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: O/T winter fuel allowance

O/T winter fuel allowance

Not sure if posters are aware of this Welsh scheme for those in need.

https://gov.wales/wales-fuel-support-scheme-2022-2023

Re: O/T winter fuel allowance

We got turned down for that.
    My daughter receives PIP but got turned down because her name isn't on the bills.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    My daughter receives PIP but got turned down because her name isn't on the bills.
    Your daughter is a qualifying person .....entitled to help .......if she is on PIP ......

As far as I know she doesn't have to be on the bill as the bill payer

Did you check this out ?

It might be worth contacting the CAB

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Your daughter is a qualifying person .....entitled to help .......if she is on PIP ......

As far as I know she doesn't have to be on the bill as the bill payer

Did you check this out ?

It might be worth contacting the CAB
    It says that 'Applicants must be responsible for paying the energy bills at the property ' - she isn't.

The letter we received says there is no right of appeal.

There are plenty of people in more need of the payment than us, so we're not too bothered. Would have been nice though.

She doesn’t have to be on the bill, if she’s on PIP and it’s her home , you will qualify

Which local council are you?

If a householder, or their partner who is liable for the fuel costs does not receive any of the qualifying benefits, the householder may be eligible for a payment if they have a qualifying person living with them.

A qualifying person must meet all of the following:

occupy the householder’s home as their primary residence
    are a dependent child or another adult living with the householder, or their partner
    they receive 1 of the following benefits:
    Attendance Allowance
    Disability Living Allowance
    Personal Independence Payment
    Armed Forces Independence Payment
    Constant Attendance Allowance
    War Pension Mobility Supplement
    Applicants must also be responsible for paying the energy bills for the property.

It says that 'Applicants must be responsible for paying the energy bills at the property ' - she isn't.

There are plenty of people in more need of the payment than us, so we're not too bothered. Would have been nice though.
    It says that your daughter can be an applicant and her PIP award certainly qualifies her

Yes but you ARE responsible for paying the bill ......your daughter has a health condition which is why she's on PIP .......so that enables YOU to be the applicant for the fuel payment

Get on to the CAB or Riverside Advice Centre in Cardiff

Bluebirds !

I’d put another online claim in or call which ever local authority you are with and say you’re not appealing , you pointing out an assessment mistake and want it corrected, no need to go to CAB

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    She doesn’t have to be on the bill, if she’s on PIP and it’s her home , you will qualify

Which local council are you?

If a householder, or their partner who is liable for the fuel costs does not receive any of the qualifying benefits, the householder may be eligible for a payment if they have a qualifying person living with them.

A qualifying person must meet all of the following:

occupy the householder’s home as their primary residence
    are a dependent child or another adult living with the householder, or their partner
    they receive 1 of the following benefits:
    Attendance Allowance
    Disability Living Allowance
    Personal Independence Payment
    Armed Forces Independence Payment
    Constant Attendance Allowance
    War Pension Mobility Supplement
    Applicants must also be responsible for paying the energy bills for the property.
    Cheers.
    It does seem odd that the scheme excludes some people who are on a qualifying benefit, but there we go.
    I think they may have cottoned on to the fact that I like Alex Scotts punditry and turned us down for that reason.

I think they may have cottoned on to the fact that I like Alex Scotts punditry and turned us down for that reason.
    They think it's all over, it isn't yet

Just sent you a PM. If you're in Cardiff, I may be able to help.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Velvet View Post
    Just sent you a PM. If you're in Cardiff, I may be able to help.
    You have a reply.

thanks hadnt seen this

I'm not in Cardiff,however expecting the same negative response.. My partner is on low rate mobility and doing a uni degree.
    It's a bit of a con. Only one person in a household needs to be on a bill as said. I told the council my partner pays half the bills. I haven't had a reply yet.
    She paid 35 years national insurance stamps, but got turned down for sick pay as the DWP took my income in to account.

Quote Originally Posted by dandywarhol View Post
    I'm not in Cardiff,however expecting the same negative response.. My partner is on low rate mobility and doing a uni degree.
    It's a bit of a con. Only one person in a household needs to be on a bill as said. I told the council my partner pays half the bills. I haven't had a reply yet.
    She paid 35 years national insurance stamps, but got turned down for sick pay as the DWP took my income in to account.
    Did she claim the right benefit.?

Sounds like she may have claimed a means tested benefit.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/new-styl...port-allowance

If your wife is on the council tax bill / is her main residence then she will qualify as she gets DLA

CAB mate

Cheers.
    It does seem odd that the scheme excludes some people who are on a qualifying benefit, but there we go.
    You may be able to sort it out without any outside advice but the CAB and Riverside Advice Centre can act on your behalf and usually sort it out with a phonecall or E mail

It's what they do

Hope you get it sorted

You may be able to sort it out without any outside advice but the CAB and Riverside Advice Centre can act on your behalf and usually sort it out with a phonecall or E mail

It's what they do

Hope you get it sorted
    No need to waste CAB’s resources at this stage. The person affected in this tread just needs to call the council and point out an assessment error, which can happen from time to time.

No need to waste CAB’s resources at this stage. The person affected in this tread just needs to call the council and point out an assessment error, which can happen from time to time.
    Well that's your opinion

If the poor sod gets a load of grief and hassle from someone on the end of the phone then plan b etc

Well that's your opinion

If the poor sod gets a load of grief and hassle from someone on the end of the phone then plan b etc
    It’s fact not an opinion , hope that helps.

It’s fact not an opinion , hope that helps.
    What's a fact ?

That this fella needs some advice regarding the Welsh govt support ?

No doubt about that

Do you work in consumer and benefits advice then ?

Well that's your opinion

Thanks for your concern both but there's no need to fall out over it. The matter is in hand.

What's a fact ?

That this fella needs some advice regarding the Welsh govt support ?

No doubt about that

Do you work in consumer and benefits advice then ?
    No, but I can read legislation and clearly there has been an error, so a simple phone call or email will suffice in this instance.

Thanks for your concern both but there's no need to fall out over it. The matter is in hand.
    Excellent

What are doing to rectify the situation ?

It would be nice if someone else gets rejected with this funding