+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 3 - 1 ASTON VILLA. #PW7FOUNDATION

Re: FT: CARDIFF CITY 3 - 1 ASTON VILLA. #PW7FOUNDATION

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    A low attendance for Kevin McNaughton’s testimonial due to us still being in Dublin for Ireland v Wales, another duff date decision.
    What part of what I posted about last night do you disagree with, that would lead you to think that last night was ‘another duff date decision’. Surely even the most stubborn of people would agree that everything that came out of last night was good.

It was a very enjoyable match but was spoilt for me by the group of four sat next to me who spent the whole match taking it in turns to push past me to go down to the concourse.
    The bloke behind me made me smile though. Quite a few times in the first half he told his boy it will be a different match when Mings comes on in the second half. He was very quiet after half time when Mings didn't come out for the second half, having played all of the first half.

[Edit]
    One of us has had a mare. He could have been saying Ings not Mings....

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    What part of what I posted about last night do you disagree with, that would lead you to think that last night was ‘another duff date decision’. Surely even the most stubborn of people would agree that everything that came out of last night was good.
    You have to be on a wind up now. There’s people in this thread saying they couldn’t make it because it clashed with being out of the country. Same as Kev’s testimonial.
    I went and it was a bit of fun with mates but it felt more like a pre season friendly than a testimonial/memorial game.
    I enjoyed it but I don’t think it was as good a send off to a legend that it could’ve been. If you think it was flawlessly pulled off and the absolute best the club could offer, fair enough.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    who was Number 43, my old eyes couldnt read his name on his shirt
    The winger who crossed it in for the 3rd? If that’s the guy, Morgan Wigley from the academy. Been at the club since he was a kid.

personally I think it sounds like the club made a decent effort of what has been a pretty difficult situation.
    I think a competitive game is more in keeping with the atmosphere the occasion required than one of those testimonials that end 5-5 and everyone is having a jolly old time.
    and the timing of it is of course not ideal but w
    between Covid and the world cup there haven't been too many better times they could have had it. I think having it now is preferable to pushing it back another 6 months to the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    The winger who crossed it in for the 3rd? If that’s the guy, Morgan Wigley from the academy. Been at the club since he was a kid.
    He’s still a kid, only 18

On balance it was a decent effort all round.
    Crowd was ok bit could have been better, but timings were difficult.
    Game itself enjoyable and fairly competitive. Good to see Etete putting himself about and scoring, Tanner shows promise. Decent cameos from Wigley and Colwill.

Dear God, stubborn??? You are the most stubborn person in captivity. Your constant rose tinted glasses view of the club is nothing but out and out stupidity or, perhaps, the best wind up ever. If they doubled the price of the hot dogs you’d praise them for helping the catering company over the hard times of lockdown.

If they doubled the price of the hot dogs you’d praise them for helping the catering company over the hard times of lockdown.
    Wurst case scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by valleys caveman View Post
    Wurst case scenario.
    And you can burger off!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    He’s still a kid, only 18
    he was decent, showed for the ball and wanted to get forward

Quote Originally Posted by valleys caveman View Post
    Wurst case scenario.
    Brat!

The club and the media described last night as 'the inaugural Peter Whittingham Memorial Match'.

Does that mean this will become an annual event, and occasional event, or something like the 2008 Algarve Cup triumph that then never happened again (the Algarve Cup is now an international womens' football tournament)?

I like the idea of an annual friendly in PW7's memory (and to raise funds for the charities), but only if it is properly planned with appropriate opposition (even if that is Villa every time) and a fixture in the CCFC calendar - not some vague aspiration that never actually happens.

Re: whitts memorial...

Utter rubbish as usual and totally wrong. It was an good evening with a good COMPETITIVE game of football with good passages of play from both sides. City deservedly won and scored three good goals. Over 10000 tickets sold, raising a good amount of money and I would say probably around 8000 actually in attendance putting to shame the soothsayers on here who forecast under 5000. As other people have said it was an emotional and enjoyable occasion, much to your disappointment, no doubt.
    Tickets sold. Including one to me. If the game had have been scheduled for next summer on a Saturday the attendance would have been much bigger, the atmosphere much better., and an occasion befitting of, in my opinion, the best long-term player we ever had.

You're a ****ing idiot. And a sycophant. Everyone on here knows and acknowledges it. I'm not dealing with you anymore. You're a disgrace. I hope you don't have children.

Still think they should do a memorial dvd or download or whatever capturing Whitts career and contributions from people who played with or against him?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Tickets sold. Including one to me. If the game had have been scheduled for next summer on a Saturday the attendance would have been much bigger, the atmosphere much better., and an occasion befitting of, in my opinion, the best long-term player we ever had.

You're a ****ing idiot. And a sycophant. Everyone on here knows and acknowledges it. I'm not dealing with you anymore. You're a disgrace. I hope you don't have children.
    You were the one who described the event as ‘dismal’ when it clearly was a success. You obviously don’t understand the meaning of the word sycophant either, unless you classify yourself as someone rich or important, which would be very telling. I suggest that you look it up before you use it again. You continually put the club down from afar and have the gall to insinuate that you are speaking on behalf of everyone on here. Delusions of grandeur doesn't even come close. You made yourself look even more stupid than usual with your comments and are now thrashing around insulting me and trying but failing miserably to make yourself look big. If you want to see how well the evening went and how happy everyone was with the results, you only have to read Mark Hudson's comments after the game.

You were the one who described the event as ‘dismal’ when it clearly was a success. You obviously don’t understand the meaning of the word sycophant either, unless you classify yourself as someone rich or important, which would be very telling. I suggest that you look it up before you use it again. You continually put the club down from afar and have the gall to insinuate that you are speaking on behalf of everyone on here. Delusions of grandeur doesn't even come close. You made yourself look even more stupid than usual with your comments and are now thrashing around insulting me and trying but failing miserably to make yourself look big. If you want to see how well the evening went and how happy everyone was with the results, you only have to read Mark Hudson's comments after the game.
    I agree with him, you’re a very stupid person. I have considered that you may be the best wind up merchant on here but, on reflection, that’d make me the stupid one. You’ve no idea about supporting a football club, it all seems like a continual happy ending fairy tale to you. It’s not, it’s highs, lows, praise, criticism, the good times, the bad times, the decent players, the great players, the shite players. Get in the real world and accept the gritty truth.

This board is mental - tried to post something to get the thread back in track but nope not happening - never mind

We all know it wasnt a ideal time to put it on, but was waiting another 8 months the right answer either ? ? ? as I would have been 3 years then since Whitts passed ( then of course people would say " why so long, what was the club doing, he was a club legend and deserves better "

It would have been great to have a game with his old team mates, but that wasnt to be either, a fairly competitive friendly between his old 2 clubs worked fairly well and game all the players a run out

the Night sold 10 K tickets so a nice little sum for PW7 , personally I enjoyed the game, it was great to see Video's of his goals on the big screen, could it have been better / different, yes of course, was it a decent night, yes it was, did it raise money for PW7, once again yes, so it ticked the boxes

As ive said earlier, I was cold and damp from working all day outside, I couldnt be arsed to go, but I am glad I did, even had a pre-match pint Of Amstell ( freshly poured in front of me ) and raised it to the good times Whitts had given us

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    Still think they should do a memorial dvd or download or whatever capturing Whitts career and contributions from people who played with or against him?
    I agree. As a non-digital type of person I would prefer a DVD. Apart from the goals, the match highlights, the interviews, there have also been some good ‘specials’ during his time with City like his Best 11 (that CCTV piece he did with Marshall), the penalty competition with Rhys Patchell, and a lot of other things that brought out his personality and sense of humour.

Proceeds to the PW7 Foundation.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    We all know it wasnt a ideal time to put it on, but was waiting another 8 months the right answer either ? ? ? as I would have been 3 years then since Whitts passed ( then of course people would say " why so long, what was the club doing, he was a club legend and deserves better "

It would have been great to have a game with his old team mates, but that wasnt to be either, a fairly competitive friendly between his old 2 clubs worked fairly well and game all the players a run out

the Night sold 10 K tickets so a nice little sum for PW7 , personally I enjoyed the game, it was great to see Video's of his goals on the big screen, could it have been better / different, yes of course, was it a decent night, yes it was, did it raise money for PW7, once again yes, so it ticked the boxes

As ive said earlier, I was cold and damp from working all day outside, I couldnt be arsed to go, but I am glad I did, even had a pre-match pint Of Amstell ( freshly poured in front of me ) and raised it to the good times Whitts had given us

I agree with him, you’re a very stupid person. I have considered that you may be the best wind up merchant on here but, on reflection, that’d make me the stupid one. You’ve no idea about supporting a football club, it all seems like a continual happy ending fairy tale to you. It’s not, it’s highs, lows, praise, criticism, the good times, the bad times, the decent players, the great players, the shite players. Get in the real world and accept the gritty truth.
    Look, it wasn't me that called the memorial match a ‘dismal’ event in this thread, thereby insulting the memory of Peter Whittingham and worse still insulting his family and friends, who put so much into helping organise it. Anyone in their right mind would have a go at someone who said that, especially bearing in mind that it turned out to be an enjoyable and emotional night which was well supported. There are a group of people on this board who think it is run for their own benefit and he is one of them. Anyone who disagrees with what they say is sworn at and insulted (both personally and family wise) and apparently that is ok with you and others. If I am so bad for wanting to see the good in what the club does, why aren't the people who NEVER see anything good at all in what the club does ever challenged by you (or anyone else). Don't you see the hypocrisy and irony in that ?

Will threre be highlights from the game online anywhere?

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    Lovely finish by Etete, great to see him gambling and making a run like that, and having the strength to hold off the defender.