A2: Andraz Kovacic (SI)
    4to: Yoshimi Yamashita (JP)
    5to: Karen Diaz (MX)
    VAR: Marco Fritz (DE)
    AVAR: Paolo Valeri (IT)
    OVAR: Pawel Sokolnicki (PL)
    SVAR: Bastian Dankert (DE)
    SBAVAR: Vasile Marinescu (RO)

Anyone expecting anything from this game?

Re: Tuesday: WALES v ENGLAND. Match thread

LET'S 'AVE IIIIIITTTTT!!!

Manager Robert Page says Wales must put their "big boy pants on" to cope with criticism and finally give their fans a World Cup performance to be proud of in their final group game against England.

Wales are bottom of Group B after drawing with the USA and losing to Iran, a game in which Page says his players "crumbled" under pressure.

Wales must beat England on Tuesday to have a chance of reaching the last 16.

"We've worked so hard to get into this position," said Page.

"My frustration and disappointment for the players is that we've shown nowhere near the levels of performance that have got us to this World Cup. That's what really disappoints me.

"We've picked them up, we've addressed it, we've got to draw a line under it, the last performance.

"Irrespective of the other results, whether we go home or whether we go through, we have to give a performance that our supporters can be proud of.

"We want to react in a positive manner and I'll pick a team that'll go out and give everything to the cause."

Having failed to qualify for a World Cup since 1958, Wales' first game of the tournament against the USA was a highly anticipated and emotional occasion in Qatar.

The players seemed overwhelmed in a first half in which they were outplayed and, although Page's side improved in the second half, they never looked like beating Iran on Friday.

"I can put the first 45 minutes against the USA down to that [nerves and sense of occasion]," said Page.

"All the emotions building up to it and talking about it being the first time in 64 years. It does have an impact on the players.

"We didn't turn up and Iran were up for it and ready for it. They rose to the challenge and we didn't - we crumbled under a bit of pressure maybe."

Captain Gareth Bale and Aaron Ramsey, two of the greatest players in Welsh football history, bore the brunt of much of the criticism following the defeat by Iran and ended the game with the worst ratings of all Wales players by BBC Sport readers.

Both players seemed to struggle with the intensity of the game and, when they did have the ball, they were wasteful.

Those performances, following on from subdued displays against the USA, have raised the once unthinkable prospect of dropping Bale and Ramsey for the match against England.

"It's a big ask for anybody in this environment to go four days later," said Page.

"I'm going to pick a team that I think can go out and compete against England, whether that's with or without them. I'm not going to give that away today.

"If they don't start, can they can make an impact? That's always been my dilemma playing games in quick succession. If they start one game, can they start the next? My thought process won't be any different.

"Whether they come on and have an impact or start and last an hour or 90 minutes, they are talented footballers.

"We're all getting criticism now and rightly so because results aren't going our way and that's the industry we're in. We're big enough to take it - it's not a problem. We put our big boy pants on and get on with it."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63783161

Can only end in a spanking i'm afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    Can only end in a spanking i'm afraid.
    I admire your optimism, 7-1 to us I reckon

If we sit back and hope to catch them on the break then we will come a cropper. If we chase them all over the pitch we have a chance. We need to seriously up the tempo.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja View Post
    I admire your optimism, 7-1 to us I reckon
    We will take this up again in 24 hours ..If i'm wrong i'll be as happy as larry, if i'm right i won't be happy at all

Anyone else thinking 'I'm not sure if I can watch this'?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    It’s that “don’t go up the stairs, in Psycho moment”

Looking forward to it as much as a Cardiff Swansea game and with no doubt the same outcome

We have a chance

England are big softies

And they don't like it up em

England 4 Wales 0

Yeah. Been dreading it.

Pi$$ed off with Page's comments about giving fans something to be proud of etc.
    The USA and Iran games were it. They knew that. We knew that. Then they gave the performances that they did.
    We'll remember it for a very long time as it could very possibly be the only time we see them at a World Cup Finals in our lifetime.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    Yeah. Been dreading it.

The USA and Iran games were it. They knew that. We knew that. Then they gave the performances that they did.
    We'll remember it for a very long time as it could very possibly be the only time we see them at a World Cup Finals in our lifetime.
    Not like you to moan

Yeah. Been dreading it.

This is a bit like moaning we didn’t turn up for the 2008 Cup Final. It’s about the journey not the destination.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    This is a bit like moaning we didn’t turn up for the 2008 Cup Final. It’s about the journey not the destination.
    No it's not. We had a chance against Pompey, ruined once Jones didn't start Ramsey.

No it's not. We had a chance against Pompey, ruined once Jones didn't start Ramsey.
    Your bitterness really has no bounds does it?

Agreed, the attitude of some in here is why Cardiff and Wales will never be truly successful in my lifetime.

We never aim high enough, the little old Cardiff and little old Wales attitude holds us back massively.

As for the game, I feel like it’s one of those horrific videos that you know you shouldn’t watch, might have a peak and when it gets too traumatic turn it straight off.

Can’t see passed an England win, cagey first half but they’ll pull away second half. All this talk of a pressing game from Wales, we looked leggy playing a defensive game so no chance we have the players to maintain that for 100 plus minutes

England 3 Wales 0.

Since seeing that Mick Channon goal on the other thread I've had visions of England doing the same to us today.
    Playing the ball in triangles around bewildered and stationary defenders, no closing down, no formation and no clue how to deal with it, finished off with a crisp goal past the keeper.
    You never know though?

England 0 Wales 1

Cardiffs effort v Pompey who were in the PL isnt anywhere near the same as Wales display against an Iranian side massacred by England in their previous game.

3-1 England.

Yeah. Been dreading it.

Tan Out.🤣🤣🤣

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Hill View Post
    Not like you to moan
    Welcome to 2022 where fact based realistic opinion is seen as moaning or negativity. Continue with your blind positivity all you like “Cardiff will never go down” “Little ol Wales we’re lucky to be at the tournament” but I’ll live in the real world where Cardiff may very well go down and Wales have massively underperformed

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    That’s on a par with what they put on the television last week, kids from Bale’s school (Whitchurch), shouting Oggi, oggi, oggi !!!

Cringeworthy, I hid behind the sofa

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    Your bitterness really has no bounds does it?
    Eric speaks the truth though. I knew we had lost it when we didn't start with Ramsey, and thus it proved to be