Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: FT: WALES 0 - 3 ENGLAND / USA 1 - 0 IRAN

Re: Tuesday: WALES v ENGLAND. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Tan Out.������
    Side splitter that. Fair play.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    That’s on a par with what they put on the television last week, kids from Bale’s school (Whitchurch), shouting Oggi, oggi, oggi !!!

Cringeworthy, I hid behind the sofa
    Yeah, I saw that.
    Awful.

Wouldn’t like to be in Rob Page’s shoes today. What ever side he selects he can’t win. Should Bale and Ramsey start? Can’t see him not starting them. A couple of years ago I would have quite confident of us giving them a game but age has caught up with too many of our “stars” and three games in eight days in the conditions they have been playing has been much too big an ask. I don’t think the England side is a great one but it doesn’t take a great side to beat us at the moment.

Will I be watching? Probably, but if England get a two goal lead I think I will be reaching for the off-button.

Re: WALES v ENGLAND. Match thread (and USA v Iran). ko 7pm

Iran vs USA (Al Thumama Stadium, Al Khor; kick-off 7pm) BBC 2

Match officials:

R: Antonio Mateu Lahoz
    A1 Pau Cebrian Devis
    A2 Roberto Diaz Peres
    4to Kevin Ortega
    5to Jesus Sanchez
    VAR Juan Martinez
    AVAR Ricardo de Burgos
    OVAR Neuza Back
    SVAR Alejandro Hernandez
    SBAVAR Bruno Pires

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Welcome to 2022 where fact based realistic opinion is seen as moaning or negativity. Continue with your blind positivity all you like “Cardiff will never go down” “Little ol Wales we’re lucky to be at the tournament” but I’ll live in the real world where Cardiff may very well go down and Wales have massively underperformed
    Indeed. I don't know of any Welsh fans who aren't still delighted to see the team finally reach a World Cup. However, I also reckon that a very high percentage of Welsh fans also thought last Friday's performance was shit. The two viewpoints are totally compatible with each other.

I don't expect a result and I don't expect to get through (but a small part of me is clinging to what a story that would be).

I'd be happy with a good performance. England have one eye on the last 16 now, it will be the cooler part of the day and our players know this is their last chance to put in a display on the world stage.

It's still all going to go horribly wrong but I'd rather let the hope kill me than the dread.

Quote Originally Posted by Seabird View Post
    Wouldn’t like to be in Rob Page’s shoes today. What ever side he selects he can’t win. Should Bale and Ramsey start? Can’t see him not starting them. A couple of years ago I would have quite confident of us giving them a game but age has caught up with too many of our “stars” and three games in eight days in the conditions they have been playing has been much too big an ask. I don’t think the England side is a great one but it doesn’t take a great side to beat us at the moment.

Will I be watching? Probably, but if England get a two goal lead I think I will be reaching for the off-button.
    That not great England side put 6 past Iran and could easily have been more.

Its a very good attacking side. Defence isnt great but their non great defenders are better than our attackers.

We need to really raise our game and if we at least go down fighting with some pride back then thats all we can ask.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    That not great England side put 6 past Iran and could easily have been more.

Its a very good attacking side. Defence isnt great but their non great defenders are better than our attackers.

We need to really raise our game and if we at least go down fighting with some pride back then thats all we can ask.
    My next door neighbour (Arsenal fan) said to me the last time England had 6 on target against Iran was the Embassy siege in1981.

I think your post echoes my sentiments exactly.

You could always turn it over to the USA v Iran match

This kid though https://twitter.com/mollystephens_/s...rYJxzEAGW5CZWA

I don’t get upset now if the City or Wales lose, but when I was a kid I’d be distraught for months.

Is it ok to be nervous? Asking for a friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Is it ok to be nervous? Asking for a friend.
    Excitement and severe anxiety perfectly blended together in a weird mix, never experienced this before

Totally agree.
    Personally I think Bale shouldn't start, he's been completely anonymous and his legs are shot - that's not to take away from the great things that he's done for us, including dragging us to this world cup. We just can't carry him any more.

I see it as if we want any chance from this game he needs to be on the bench and come on in the last 25 mins against (hopefully) tired defenders.

The issue being that he's going to want to start this game, it's going to be his last for Wales. I can't see Page having the bollocks to drop him.

Quote Originally Posted by rs3100 View Post
    Totally agree.
    Personally I think Bale shouldn't start, he's been completely anonymous and his legs are shot - that's not to take away from the great things that he's done for us, including dragging us to this world cup. We just can't carry him any more.

I see it as if we want any chance from this game he needs to be on the bench and come on in the last 25 mins against (hopefully) tired defenders.

The issue being that he's going to want to start this game, it's going to be his last for Wales. I can't see Page having the bollocks to drop him.
    I don't think it will be, I can't see him retiring from internationals before he retires altogether

Quote Originally Posted by rs3100 View Post
    Who says it'll be his last game for Wales?
    He was already talking about the Euro's before we travelled to Qatar...

We are effectively carrying him at the moment though, Ramsey too.
    Neither are fit enough for this level of football, but the question remains... The one that others on here have asked, and nobody can answer...

Who steps in?

As it stands, we have a poorer squad already than that which we took to Euro 2016. We simply aren't bringing through replacements for these now, older legs.

That has to be rectified and fast, or we face another decade of oblivion on the world stage.

Quite pragmatic about this tonight. Will take a miracle for us to go through so hoping to regain some pride.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Quite pragmatic about this tonight. Will take a miracle for us to go through so hoping to regain some pride.
    I would be plenty happy with a scrappy 1-0 win. It really is about pride now, even if we do flunk out early.
    If we could just get 3 points, I'd take it.

is there a decent commentary tonight and not some condescending kent on bbc? might watch on s4c

Ward, N Williams, Mepham, Rodon, B Davies, Allen, Ampadu, Ramsey; Bale, James, Moore

4231?

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja View Post
    Who says it'll be his last game for Wales?
    He was already talking about the Euro's before we travelled to Qatar...

We are effectively carrying him at the moment though, Ramsey too.
    Neither are fit enough for this level of football, but the question remains... The one that others on here have asked, and nobody can answer...

Who steps in?

As it stands, we have a poorer squad already than that which we took to Euro 2016. We simply aren't bringing through replacements for these now, older legs.

That has to be rectified and fast, or we face another decade of oblivion on the world stage.
    Bale and Ramsey will probably start. I'm not sure what either will do against England that they couldn't against Iran, especially playing a 3rd game in less than 10 days..

The Wales line-up for tonight is as follows:

Ward, Williams, Rodon, Mepham, Davies, Ampadu, Allen, Ramsey, Bale (C), Moore, James.

The England line-up for tonight is as follows:

Pickford, Walker, Shaw, Rice, Stones, Maguire, Henderson, Kane (C), Rashford, Foden, Bellingham.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...dates-25625764

Shearer 1st thing he brings up is the 2016 video.