+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Page Out

Re: Page Out

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Has anyone else’s opinion of Page changed over the past nine days? I thought four years was too long for his new contract, but I wasn’t against a shorter one. However, just like I find it so hard to single out any player who had a good tournament overall, I’d say Page has had a disastrous one - is there anything in it he can be said to have done well?
    No, it was a mess.

Goes beyond him of course but he's one that can be replaced.

I don't think tactically he has a great grasp, which given our limitations doesn't help.

We're going to need more than keep things tight and hope Bale does something moving forward. We looked anything but organised.

The problem I see us facing is having a manager who's astute enough to pick the right team to start with and make the right calls during games, and having someone with enough knowledge of the youngsters coming through to be able to blend them into the squad.
    Prior to Page, we had people who could do both.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    I concur with that.

Not wishing to sound ungrateful as we did get to a World Cup which I never thought I’d see but we need a ruthless coach not a decent lad who you wouldn’t mind having a pint with.

Page doesn’t react quickly enough, Denmark in the Euros, USA last week and we got mullered v Iran due to them having Queiroz who identified how poor we were in midfield.
    I don't even see it as a lack of gratitude for the qualification.

The standard of football has been pretty dire. There has been very little in the way of playing football as far as I can remember.

I think that changing the manager because you don't want the side to continue playing smash and grab football is legitimate.

To be fair. While we talk about blending and developing youngsters like Tosh , Flynn , Speed its not as simple as that.

The main reason for the success was one exceptional player in Bale and another near World Class player in Ramsey. We also had good solid player like Allen and Williams.

There were plenty backing the selections of Jonny Williams , Gunter etc.

The positive the likes of Isaak Davies , Rubin Colwill , Ollie Denham should be fired up because there are not just places in the squad available but id say there are 7 or 8 starting positions up for grabs.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    4 ****ing years. Jesus.
    He's more interested in Saving individuals that realise their souls are even in greater danger than RP's position as Wales manager.

ie for them, RIP isn't currently an on the cards.

Quote Originally Posted by truthpaste View Post
    He's more interested in Saving individuals that realise their souls are even in greater danger than RP's position as Wales manager.

ie for them, RIP isn't currently an on the cards.
    Like many others I prayed for a miracle last night.
    Thanks for nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Denmark are a top ten side (or very close to one), were playing at home in front of a crowd, and nation, which was united by the near tragedy which happened in their first match - I think most sides in that tournament would have struggled to avoid defeat in such circumstances. I agree that luck was on our side against Ukraine, but, again, Wales were the "baddies" against opponents driven on by more than just football.

This time though, I can't come up with any excuses. I'll make a small allowance for injuries, but, increasingly, the impression I'm getting from this tournament is that not one single Welsh player matched their potential (and I'm not talking their absolute best there) - not one Welshman performed to the level that they do in an average performance for their club. To my mind, that asks questions about things like preparation, spirit, tactical approach, selection and substitutions and motivation = all of the things which you think management and coaching are responsible for.
    You're conveniently ignoring the elephant in room.

We also had to move a right back to left back, and one of our better midfielders to right back due to injuries.

We did have a rightback on the bench. But he is old, past it and only there for the bantz..

Well we're stuck with him now so hopefully he's learnt a lot and can turn it around for the next euro campaign. He talks the talk but lets face it, this tournament was embarrassing. If we start fluffing it against latvia and armenia at home in the spring and summer then he'll have to go.

International

Quote Originally Posted by SOXY BOY View Post
    Who’s out there, that could replace Page ?
    Giggs if he doesn't get convicted next time?

Probably won't work again, no smoke without fire and all that?

I'll pass your message on; although why you would think He would favour us is fascinating?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    As a manager? He might be. But I think he'd be a better coach for the time being.
    Bellamy as a manager, can't see it myself either. He'd have to have a personality bypass for starters.

I can imagine it now, Wales have just lost at home to a side below us in the rankings and the tabloid journos frothing at the mouth pre post-match interview

Page is an ex player who is good in front of the camera.

Unfortunately he has shown that he very limited when it comes to tactics, formation and managing the game.

It's clear he needs to acquire decent coaches around him.

Quote Originally Posted by ManBearPig View Post
    We also had to move a right back to left back, and one of our better midfielders to right back due to injuries.

We did have a rightback on the bench. But he is old, past it and only there for the bantz..
    Wales best player in Qatar according to Rob Phillips, and a sizable crowd on Twitter. Maybe we should make him captain and build the team around him?

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Wales best player in Qatar according to Rob Phillips, and a sizable crowd on Twitter. Maybe we should make him captain and build the team around him?
    Are you talking about Ampadu?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Are you talking about Ampadu?
    Just throwing it out there, he's got 40 caps and has leadership potential, and he gives his all on the pitch. Who else is better qualified to lead the new revolution? Davies is a great player and has the most experience, but he's not a natural leader.

Just throwing it out there, he's got 40 caps and has leadership potential, and he gives his all on the pitch. Who else is better qualified to lead the new revolution? Davies is a great player and has the most experience, but he's not a natural leader.
    If he's not a natural leader, by definition, he'd have to be an unnatural leader. Love to know what that looks like.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    If he's not a natural leader, by definition, he'd have to be an unnatural leader. Love to know what that looks like.
    A person who's not the captain? Henderson is a good example of a captain, he brings a lot more to a team than just his playing ability.

A person who's not the captain? Henderson is a good example of a captain, he brings a lot more to a team than just his playing ability.
    I agree about Henderson.