+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Page Out

Page Out

Re: Page Out

We were like frightened rabbits, with no idea what to do with the ball and our defending was dire.
    We’ve actually gone backwards in terms of our quality.
    I think the problem started with the “happy to be there”/“plucky little Wales” narrative.
    It’s as if getting there was job done.
    I’m really cross - finishing second in that group should have been perfectly achievable and we’ve absolutely fluffed it.
    The FAW got it spot on with the social media and the marketing, but they took their eyes off the ball with the actual football - we were all fur coat and no knickers.

I said he should have been replaced before the World Cup. No clue, line up wrong in all 3 games. We have been poor for some time. Why the FAW gave him a new deal before a tournament is stupid. Hope he enjoyed his time with his mates though. Such a naive manager.

Would he get a job in league 2? Not sure. Say it all.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    We were like frightened rabbits, with no idea what to do with the ball and our defending was dire.
    We’ve actually gone backwards in terms of our quality.
    I think the problem started with the “happy to be there”/“plucky little Wales” narrative.
    It’s as if getting there was job done.
    I’m really cross - finishing second in that group should have been perfectly achievable and we’ve absolutely fluffed it.
    The FAW got it spot on with the social media and the marketing, but they took their eyes off the ball with the actual football - we were all fur coat and no knickers.
    Summed up pretty well. We let the occasion take control.

The only way we’ll move forward.

Page Turned Over

Apart from Johnson being a regular, I’ve no idea how that team could have changed that much to make a difference. We were a shambles again tonight. It may be a huge step up but yes, we have deteriorated rapidly and offered nothing. The results in the nation’s league weren’t good but we gave everyone a game. Some of our play in this World Cup wouldn’t look out of place in the Sunday League.

He used 18 players, Davies, Gunter, Lockyer, Cabango, Smith, Williams, Levitt & Harris didn’t get game time.

Thomas, Morrell & Colwill made cameo appearances.

I doubt there’s anyone on this board who would have picked any of that 11 in their starting line ups.

Allan was injured.

Leaves a core group of 14 from which the 11 was always going to be picked.

He sure got the tactics & formation wrong but the players didn’t perform for him. Paid USA & Iran too much respect.

Page reminds me of a Championship manager who takes an ordinary squad to promotion to the PL but when they play in the top flight are found out. We can moan about Page but the players haven’t been good enough. The passing and first touch has been desperately poor.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Page reminds me of a Championship manager who takes an ordinary squad to promotion to the PL but when they play in the top flight are found out. We can moan about Page but the players haven’t been good enough. The passing and first touch has been desperately poor.
    I think you’re being kind, he would be lucky to get a league two team promoted.

The fact he quoted anchorman is surely enough to be fired.

His reply in the after match interview said it all- Happy to be there. No winning mentality, no bottle to make big decisions when needed. Whoever extended his contract needs sacking aswell. Media thought he and his team were the dogs b•••••••s. England never got into top gear tonight , but they’ll have to in the next round. A good run out for them, and no pressure on Southgate for a few days.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    He used 18 players, Davies, Gunter, Lockyer, Cabango, Smith, Williams, Levitt & Harris didn’t get game time.

Thomas, Morrell & Colwill made cameo appearances.

I doubt there’s anyone on this board who would have picked any of that 11 in their starting line ups.

Allan was injured.

Leaves a core group of 14 from which the 11 was always going to be picked.

He sure got the tactics & formation wrong but the players didn’t perform for him. Paid USA & Iran too much respect.
    The tactics were wrong, and the team selections were low energy up top.

Bale was carrying an injury, if he wasn't basically injured. Ramsey undercooked and Allen half fit but they deserved a go. If we'd played like the first half, in the first two games, things might have been different.

They deserved a go but I don't see how he could have played all 3 of them tonight. Still, we left ourselves too much to do after the first two games. Some of the players were appalling though. I don't think any manager could have done much when Rodon and Roberts pass the ball to the opponent on a regular basis. Page though really could have done a lot more.

Who’s out there, that could replace Page ?

Quote Originally Posted by SOXY BOY View Post
    Wales Bales if he doesn’t have a panic attack leaving his bedroom

Quote Originally Posted by SOXY BOY View Post
    Osian Roberts

He should go for the set up against Iran and USA. The midfield pivot of Ramsey and Ampadu was laughable, anyone could see the weakness straight away.

In his defence our squad selection is appalling, our midfield is tragic. The fact Joe Morell played in a world cup speaks volumes of our quality.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Your behaviour is becoming a bit obsessive now.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    I'd be more nervous of him having an erection when sat next to Ampadu at his first press conference.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Your behaviour is becoming a bit obsessive now.
    Wow

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    I think you’re being kind, he would be lucky to get a league two team promoted.

The fact he quoted anchorman is surely enough to be fired.
    Maybe but he can’t be blamed for the shocking passes, poor first touch and dreadful errors. Just look at the goals we conceded tonight. All three could have been avoided with better keeping and defending.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    I'd be more nervous of him having an erection when sat next to Ampadu at his first press conference.
    Yes there could be some possible
    Safeguarding ramifications were WB given the job

It needs a massive shake up.
    Bellamy has the intelligence, the passion and the intensity.
    He’s also from the Gary Speed era.
    He’s ideal.

Osian Roberts

Always the silent assassin

We don't need a big time Charlie

A tracksuit manager is what we need

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    It needs a massive shake up.
    Bellamy has the intelligence, the passion and the intensity.
    He’s also from the Gary Speed era.
    He’s ideal.
    I chucked Bellars name is when discussing the future with my daughter, certainly has the passion and does appear to be heading the right way