+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pakistan v England

Pakistan v England

England 268-2 after 42 overs. Incredible scoring rate for a test. Both openers score a century.

Re: Pakistan v England

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    England 268-2 after 42 overs. Incredible scoring rate for a test. Both openers score a century.
    3 tons and one fifty in 66 overs - remarkable

Off for bad light.

England 506 for 4

It's test cricket, but not as we know it.

A statisticians dream today.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    A statisticians dream today.
    The % of balls attacked was at one point higher than either their odi or t20 %

First Team

Either the batters ( I'm turning PC and ruining my chances of getting a job at the Palace) have developed super powers overnight or it is an absolute road of a track.
    Wish I had a tenner on that score!

Is there a case for dropping Joe Root after his failure today I wonder?

Any idea when 4 English batsmen last got centuries in an innings.? I wonder what the record is for most centuries in a Test innings.

Any idea when 4 English batsmen last got centuries in an innings.? I wonder what the record is for most centuries in a Test innings.
    https://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/co...ds/283071.html

One thing the TMS statistician wasn't sure about was whether this is the first time that 4 batters scored their centuries on the same day, as opposed to at least 1of them being spread over 2 days.

One thing the TMS statistician wasn't sure about was whether this is the first time that 4 batters scored their centuries on the same day, as opposed to at least 1of them being spread over 2 days.
    Got to be I would have thought. It’s incredible really, Ben Stokes comes in with the light fading and it obvious that they wouldn’t be on for much longer and he smacks thirty four off fifteen balls, where the cricket I grew up watching would have had him looking to end the day something like two not out. The umpires decided the light was too bad at a time when England had taken something like ten off the previous over!

Its incredible. Very much doubt its happened in 1 day. When I started watching cricket Chris Tavare was batting. I wonder what he makes of this.

Ummm...Batters....??? oh dear...are they batsMEN...or BatsWOMEN...or BatsPERSON?? ...or BATTRANSGENDER don't know what they are......

I despair.....

Its incredible. Very much doubt its happened in 1 day. When I started watching cricket Chris Tavare was batting. I wonder what he makes of this.
    Its ridiculous. The previous record for getting to 500 was 90 overs, England did it in 74. Bookies are offering just 7/2 on Stokes beating Brendan McCullums fastest test century record of 54 balls.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Is there a case for dropping Joe Root after his failure today I wonder?
    Boycott was once dropped for slow scoring afer a double century, so I think so.

Tavare would have been 17 not out.

I's a good track.

Quote Originally Posted by rich munn View Post
    Tavare would have been 17 not out.

I's a good track.

In the first world cup in 1975 Gavasker scored 36 not out. He batted through the whole 60 overs😬

Colony sport...tut tut. A load of rubbish.

Stokes hits his first ball of the day for six and then is out in the same over. Livingstone hits his seventh ball in test cricket for six, but then is out for a less than a run a ball nine. Having hit six fours off an over yesterday and setting a new record for most runs in an over by an England player, Broo153 promptly broke it by hitting two sixes, three fours and a three off an over. This means that Brook scored exactly a third of his runs in two overs!

England 649-8 off 98 overs with a review going on of an LBW decision against Robinson - decision goes against him, 649-9.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    This means that Brook scored exactly a third of his runs in two overs!
    That stat is staggering. I questioned your maths. I got the calculator out, the sums add up. I saw it happen and yet I still question and disbelieve your stat.

A third of 153 runs hit in two overs. It’s nuts.

Can’t stop thinking of what my late Grandfather would make of it. It’s the kind of cricketing story of old he used to regale when I was a kid.

A mind blowing innings. By both player and team.

Quote Originally Posted by Taffster View Post
    That stat is staggering. I questioned your maths. I got the calculator out, the sums add up. I saw it happen and yet I still question and disbelieve your stat.

A third of 153 runs hit in two overs. It’s nuts.

Can’t stop thinking of what my late Grandfather would make of it. It’s the kind of cricketing story of old he used to regale when I was a kid.

A mind blowing innings. By both player and team.
    The commentators were taking the mick out of Nasser Hussein because it took him six yesrs to hit his first test match six - Mike Atherton has said that he only hit four sixes in his whole career.

Three wickets for the England spinners today, but I wonder if the "Rawalpindi Express" Shoaib Akhtar (who was officially recorded as bowling a ball at 100 mph to Nick Knight about twenty five years ago) would have bothered if he had to do all of his bowling in his home city on this featherbed of a pitch.

First Team

This is not a contest between bat and ball but an exhibition of batting.

Lost interest in this match .

Quote Originally Posted by Majorblue View Post

Pakistan 499-7 at the close, just a chance of a positive result then if England can take the last three wickets quite quickly tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Majorblue View Post

Not been able to watch any of today’s play. And I get what you’re saying. Had a day off yesterday and had long planned enjoying a day’s play but I lost interest as it was not a contest and boring.

However…….

These are are the games where something happens deep into Day 4 / start of Day 5 and the game turns into an absolute blinder.

Not giving up on it yet, but have got fingers crossed that it hots up tomorrow and doesn’t need a fifth day as I’m in work. (Fat chance of that 🤣)