+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is there still a page from the original ccmb where you can see the names of original members

Is there still a page from the original ccmb where you can see the names of original members

Be a trip down memory lane

Re: Is there still a page from the original ccmb where you can see the names of original members

I just visited the 'last page' (page 1693) on here. It goes back to 01/01/15. There's lots of posters on that page that I'd forgotten about. Couple of interesting threads too.

Re: Is there still a page from the original ccmb where you can see the names of original members

I'm on about a late 90s one?

I was definitely one of them, The board was much better in those days, with much less antagonism against fellow posters and some really good conversations.

Courtesy of the wayback machine

https://web.archive.org/web/20120123...75ad53a1745a7d

Coincidentally there's a thread called Glimps of the sites past, which also tries to link to an earlier incarnation of the board, but that link hasn't been archived.

I first started posting on here back in 2001. I wasn't using a pc at that time, I had some kind of box connected to my phone line and tv.

Ah, I still reminisce over the late night crew.

I'm sure when I started on here it was like a tree with branches a bit like:

TreeExample480px.jpg

The "Deep in the Bowels" threads from Penarth Kev were absolute genius. Comedy gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Monster munch View Post
    The "Deep in the Bowels" threads from Penarth Kev were absolute genius. Comedy gold.
    For me they were a bit self-indulgent, in the same way that 'Organ Morgan' s posts are regarding 'Sludge'.
    Some will disagree, fine.

Quote Originally Posted by 79blue View Post
    I was definitely one of them, The board was much better in those days, with much less antagonism against fellow posters and some really good conversations.
    I was definitely 10 of those people, maybe more!

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Ah, I still reminisce over the late night crew.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post

Coincidentally there's a thread called Glimps of the sites past, which also tries to link to an earlier incarnation of the board, but that link hasn't been archived.
    Sad to see how many of those posters on the first page (just 10 years ago) are no longer with us.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post

Blue blade asking me a question on there, haven’t heard from him for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Blue blade asking me a question on there, haven’t heard from him for a while.
    Maybe he'd still be here if you had bothered to answer the question!

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Maybe he'd still be here if you had bothered to answer the question!
    I wish that dml would ask ma a question

Here's the oldest I could find on wayback machine. If Mike knows the original URL or IP address it may be possible to go further back in time

Cardiff City Message Board - Message Index (archive.org)

I’ve been on since 1998, remember putting up a photo of my new born son lying on my Toffs City shirt. Used to post as HongKongBlue

Looks like I’m on there as just goat, rather than goats….

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Looks like I’m on there as just goat, rather than goats….
    You herd it here first

Quote Originally Posted by 79blue View Post
    Nicely said, you feel your under attack these days from very quicker typers.

Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post
    Here's the oldest I could find on wayback machine. If Mike knows the original URL or IP address it may be possible to go further back in time

Cardiff City Message Board - Message Index (archive.org)
    Looks good. first format of bulletin board started around 1997, so to get back to 2002 is pretty cool.

Nice to see Bob Wilson on there, Ely Valley Blue still posts on FB, I guess Ant is AZ Bluebird, Len Artichoke must be Organ, Blue Madness was Pete from Chepstow? Uncle Bob is there, Tosh as well (little Natalie must be in her late 30's now), Jamsarnie has his own emoji (and i bumped into him at Hyde Park last summer in an 80,000 crowd), MajorBlue still posts on FB, and Cambridge Bluebird has recently logged back on here

And of course VICTOR!!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Looks good. first format of bulletin board started around 1997, so to get back to 2002 is pretty cool.

Nice to see Bob Wilson on there, Ely Valley Blue still posts on FB, I guess Ant is AZ Bluebird, Len Artichoke must be Organ, Blue Madness was Pete from Chepstow? Uncle Bob is there, Tosh as well (little Natalie must be in her late 30's now), Jamsarnie has his own emoji (and i bumped into him at Hyde Park last summer in an 80,000 crowd), MajorBlue still posts on FB, and Cambridge Bluebird has recently logged back on here

And of course VICTOR!!
    You GINK! Does anyone know if VICTOR!! was real?

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post

And of course VICTOR!!
    Ant posts as "Ant". You do know me though Mike - I used to be "Timmy the Economist".

Until May this year Ant and I actually worked together. I have become a tree hugger as he sees it.

Quote Originally Posted by az city View Post
    Ant posts as "Ant". You do know me though Mike - I used to be "Timmy the Economist".

Until May this year Ant and I actually worked together. I have become a tree hugger as he sees it.
    I'm on page 4. Fame at last!