+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who is on the dog food?

Who is on the dog food?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-63754846

People eating pet food apparently. I no longer have pets but when I did it was never the cheapest part of my shop.

Has this changed? Is it cheaper than even tinned food recommended for human consumption?

Re: Who is on the dog food?

I thought exactly the same, I could certainly eat for less than it costs for my dog if I really had to.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post

People eating pet food apparently. I no longer have pets but when I did it was never the cheapest part of my shop.

Has this changed? Is it cheaper than even tinned food recommended for human consumption?
    There are weeks when I spend more on my pets than myself when it comes to food, but I buy in bulk for my cat so there are plenty of other weeks where I spend no more than about a quid on her. As for as the dog goes, I feed her cooked chicken pieces that are meant for human consumption - two packets of that last her a week and costs a bit less than if I was buying her seven tins of a mid priced dog food to last the week.

"..people trying to heat food on their radiator...!

Something doesn’t add up. I wonder if it’s people eating pet food they’ve already bought instead of adding it to their weekly shop. Or maybe picked up from donations out of desperation.

A few tins of Tesco brand beans, loaf of bread and potatoes would be cheaper and make more meals than a few cans of pet food.

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    Something doesn’t add up. I wonder if it’s people eating pet food they’ve already bought instead of adding it to their weekly shop. Or maybe picked up from donations out of desperation.

A few tins of Tesco brand beans, loaf of bread and potatoes would be cheaper and make more meals than a few cans of pet food.
    In some communities getting to a branded supermarket (Tesco, Asda, Lidl, Aldi) would require a bus journey and a cost that they couldn't afford. Of course they wouldnt have the money to maintain a car.

Some people would rather feed their pets, in many cases their only companion rather than themselves.

During the early days of covid, i helped a food bank and the stories of elderly people, to scared to leave their houses, no idea where to go for help, no family to fall back on. There were stories of them eating dog food as the desperation kicked in.

Quote Originally Posted by qccfc View Post
    In some communities getting to a branded supermarket (Tesco, Asda, Lidl, Aldi) would require a bus journey and a cost that they couldn't afford. Of course they wouldnt have the money to maintain a car.

Some people would rather feed their pets, in many cases their only companion rather than themselves.

During the early days of covid, i helped a food bank and the stories of elderly people, to scared to leave their houses, no idea where to go for help, no family to fall back on. There were stories of them eating dog food as the desperation kicked in.
    Don’t ASDA and TESCO offer a free bus service ?

My dogs food keeps going up and up, same as everything else.
    I’d definitely say beans and bread is cheaper than dog food. I get that big supermarkets might be out of reach for some people but if they’re doing their shopping at a local convenience shop than I’d say even moreso that dog food will be dearer

International

One mate used to put it in a work colleague's sandwich when we were young, he told him it was fish paste and seemed to like it, he is still alive as far as I am aware so won't do you any harm.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    One mate used to put it in a work colleague's sandwich when we were young, he told him it was fish paste and seemed to like it, he is still alive as far as I am aware so won't do you any harm.
    Pisses on every tree he passes though

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    He's just got out of prison for sniffing peoples arses.

Stop this filth.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    He's just got out of prison for sniffing peoples arses.
    On a positive note, he is still able to lick his own bollocks

I don’t know where my post went but you can get a packet of pasta, 1kg of rice, and a tin of tomatoes for 40p-ish each. That’s your base for plenty of meals. If you can afford add veg, add meat, add spices. Small pack of mince would make it go further for spag Bol, Chilli etc. Potato curry if you can’t afford meat etc. plenty of ways to work around it.

Lovely lad though, shits in the street but always picks it up in a plastic bag.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    I don’t know where my post went but you can get a packet of pasta, 1kg of rice, and a tin of tomatoes for 40p-ish each. That’s your base for plenty of meals. If you can afford add veg, add meat, add spices. Small pack of mince would make it go further for spag Bol, Chilli etc. Potato curry if you can’t afford meat etc. plenty of ways to work around it.
    Should Wales have boycotted though

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Should Wales have boycotted though
    https://www.ccmb.co.uk/showthread.ph...Would-Have-Won

win.jpg 13 quid

kron.jpg 10 quid

You'd have to be barking to eat that shite!

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    win.jpg 13 quid

kron.jpg 10 quid
    You won’t get that for £10 in Wales, because of Duckford’s booze tax

You won’t get that for £10 in Wales, because of Duckford’s booze tax
    it's at Tescos get down there smartish and get some booze for your dogs

I prefer my Lassie over my Pal.

More dog like media click bait .

I have eaten poorly as a child when it was tough.

No benefits, widowed mum , worked from 15 years of age to help mum who was just on war widows pension sadly back then it negated benefits backing the day ..

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    More dog like media click bait .

I have eaten poorly as a child when it was tough.

No benefits, widowed mum , worked from 15 years of age to help mum who was just on war widows pension sadly back then it negated benefits backing the day ..
    Did you live in a council house?