+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Who is on the dog food?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Who is on the dog food?

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    Something doesn’t add up. I wonder if it’s people eating pet food they’ve already bought instead of adding it to their weekly shop. Or maybe picked up from donations out of desperation.

A few tins of Tesco brand beans, loaf of bread and potatoes would be cheaper and make more meals than a few cans of pet food.
    In some communities getting to a branded supermarket (Tesco, Asda, Lidl, Aldi) would require a bus journey and a cost that they couldn't afford. Of course they wouldnt have the money to maintain a car.

Some people would rather feed their pets, in many cases their only companion rather than themselves.

During the early days of covid, i helped a food bank and the stories of elderly people, to scared to leave their houses, no idea where to go for help, no family to fall back on. There were stories of them eating dog food as the desperation kicked in.

Quote Originally Posted by qccfc View Post
    In some communities getting to a branded supermarket (Tesco, Asda, Lidl, Aldi) would require a bus journey and a cost that they couldn't afford. Of course they wouldnt have the money to maintain a car.

Some people would rather feed their pets, in many cases their only companion rather than themselves.

During the early days of covid, i helped a food bank and the stories of elderly people, to scared to leave their houses, no idea where to go for help, no family to fall back on. There were stories of them eating dog food as the desperation kicked in.
    Don’t ASDA and TESCO offer a free bus service ?

My dogs food keeps going up and up, same as everything else.
    I’d definitely say beans and bread is cheaper than dog food. I get that big supermarkets might be out of reach for some people but if they’re doing their shopping at a local convenience shop than I’d say even moreso that dog food will be dearer