+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sports People, Actors, Celebs, Musicians etc-who have blown you out...

Sports People, Actors, Celebs, Musicians etc-who have blown you out...

Any Good stories of being ****ed off by a Hero while just waiting for a Photo, quick chat etc? I don't really have one, apart from jimmy gilligan calling me a little ****, although my wife was told to ****off by jimmy saville when she was a kid, while he was doing the Cardiff Half Marathon-Lucky escape, although she did meet me.

Re: Sports People, Actors, Celebs, Musicians etc-who have blown you out...

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Any Good stories of being ****ed off by a Hero while just waiting for a Photo, quick chat etc? I don't really have one, apart from jimmy gilligan calling me a little ****, although my wife was told to ****off by jimmy saville when she was a kid, while he was doing the Cardiff Half Marathon-Lucky escape, although she did meet me.
    I saw Dave Jones outside a horseriding type shop , as I walked past him I said hi dave , great job in getting ccfc to the cup final .....it was about a month away.....and he completely ignored me and carried on talking to his mate

In the words of Peter Cook and Dudley Moore ......what a cxxx !

Now then, now then!!!!

I got told to **** off by Van Morrison. He was in the bar of the same hotel as me after a gig in Oxford. I tried to have a chat with him and got told where to go

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    I got told to **** off by Van Morrison. He was in the bar of the same hotel as me after a gig in Oxford. I tried to have a chat with him and got told where to go
    Some great moments as a performer but a complete cxxx

That's the type of thing i mean. Wonder what it must be like being worshipped by people who love your Art-Work? Not saying that you felt that way about Van Morrison, but i bet it can be difficult, unless a person has courted the publicity. I suppose only sludge and the 'Boss' are the only two on here who will know how it feels

To turn it around completely, had a cracking night with Gary Sobers, in a London hotel doubles bar.

What a great bloke

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    To turn it around completely, had a cracking night with Gary Sobers, in a London hotel doubles bar.

What a great bloke
    Is that like a singles bar ?

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Is that like a singles bar ?
    Yes just twice the size

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Yes just twice the size

Madonna flirted with me. It got a little bit awkward.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Tease! I want to know more!

I'm sure you mentioned this before, or did i have a dream with no end and no beginning(apologies) if so, you must elaborate!

Cherish period ? Very sexy

After that ......basically a sex change into a bloke

Your call here

I was at work. She was wasted. It was an important meeting between her and an artist. She kind of lost concentration and it put me in an awkward spot. Her daughter was there too!

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Cherish period ? Very sexy

After that ......basically a sex change into a bloke

Your call here
    She was well past her prime.

Waiting in a queue for a food stall in Glastonbury 99 me and my mate small talking to Welsh girls in front of us, they said to their arriving man child these guys are from PT . It was only Kelly Jones from the phonies he said "**** this stall and these guys we are off to pyramid backstage bar" they said never mind him enjoy your weekend bye. The irony of the fact we saw them play the graveyard slot 11am Sunday on the Other (NME) stage in 98 to about 40 fans all Welsh lots from PT. Summary what a total tosser.

As an adult, I wouldn't dream of bothering a famous person as it must be unbelivable tiresome for them.
    However, as a child asking them for am autograph, I got the response of "F*** off" and "Piss off" from Bill Boston (motorcyclist) and Joe Mercer (England manager) respectively.

Regarding Van Morrison, my brother, a huge fan and who was working inplastics at the time, deigned not to accost the great man at LA airport but to swipe the remnants of his sandwich once he had vacated his stable, built a vacuum-sealed plastic box and hoped to keep it for posperity. Unfortunately, it went mouldy.

Quote Originally Posted by skunkatron View Post
    Waiting in a queue for a food stall in Glastonbury 99 me and my mate small talking to Welsh girls in front of us, they said to their arriving man child these guys are from PT . It was only Kelly Jones from the phonies he said "**** this stall and these guys we are off to pyramid backstage bar" they said never mind him enjoy your weekend bye. The irony of the fact we saw them play the graveyard slot 11am Sunday on the Other (NME) stage in 98 to about 40 fans all Welsh lots from PT. Summary what a total tosser.
    Stereophonies, great name for tribute band

That rude pig ignorant, bad mannered, unpleasant kent Bruce Dickinson of Iron Maiden when I asked him to sign an album at St Davids Hall back in '85. The rest of the band in contrast, were perfect, friendly, charming gentlemen.

Many years later I happened to be an event where I ended up chatting to someone who teaches sword fencing for a living (a past time of Mr Dickinson). Without me saying anything he remarked what a horrible, arrogant w@nker ol' Brucie is.

Sorry Sludgey, I've probably shattered your dreams regarding this sack o'shite of a human being

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    That rude pig ignorant, bad mannered, unpleasant kent Bruce Dickinson of Iron Maiden when I asked him to sign an album at St Davids Hall back in '85. The rest of the band in contrast, were perfect, friendly, charming gentlemen.

Many years later I happened to be an event where I ended up chatting to someone who teaches sword fencing for a living (a past time of Mr Dickinson). Without me saying anything he remarked what a horrible, arrogant w@nker ol' Brucie is.

Sorry Sludgey, I've probably shattered your dreams regarding this sack o'shite of a human being
    Iron Maiden , apart from number of the beast , are crap

I bumped into Mick Foley the wrestler unexpectedly in Newport about 16 years ago. I was pretty drunk and gave him a hug. He was very nice.

My opinion of Geoff Boycott was formed one Sunday in the early seventies at Sophia Gardens during the tea interval of a Glamorgan v Yorkshire match when I was within earshot of him telling a boy of no more than about eight to eff off when he asked him for an autograph. The fact that the kid immediately burst into tears made no difference to the tosser. I would only have been about fifteen myself and, to be honest, was so taken aback at what happened that I didn’t do anything, but I did celebrate more than i should have when Glamorgan got the bastard out for one a few minutes later.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    My opinion of Geoff Boycott was formed one Sunday in the early seventies at Sophia Gardens during the tea interval of a Glamorgan v Yorkshire match when I was within earshot of him telling a boy of no more than about eight to eff off when he asked him for an autograph. The fact that the kid immediately burst into tears made no difference to the tosser. I would only have been about fifteen myself and, to be honest, was so taken aback at what happened that I didn’t do anything, but I did celebrate more than i should have when Glamorgan got the bastard out for one a few minutes later.
    He was a pompous tory twat

And despite saying he was a proud Yorkshire man he was a man United fan

Dreadful old bore

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post

What a great bloke
    Were you bowled over?