Cedric
    Nkounkou
    Ralls
    Wintle
    Rinomota
    Tanner
    Robinson
    Harris

Dont see many changes, Hudson will be looking for a solid start and perhaps bring on Colwill and Etete later. Tanner starts to give us width but no doubt Ojo will start in his place with Philogene out till after Xmas, so I understand.
    O'Dowda over Tanner surely?

Re: STOKE CITY v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    O'Dowda over Tanner surely?
    Absolutely!

An obvious over-sight.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Absolutely!

An obvious over-sight.
    Senior moment. 🙄
    Of course ODowda plays. Probably end up as left back by end of game though.

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    Senior moment. 🙄
    Of course ODowda plays. Probably end up as left back by end of game though.
    No worries mate. Was just concerned I’d missed some news about him being injured or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    I think so. They usually are Thursday now.
    Will be very surprised of Colwill starts. May be on bench.
    I will also be surprised if he starts but he is supposedly fit so just how much game time does he need to be considered "match ready"? 20 minutes? 45 minutes? I would hope to see him get at least half an hour on Saturday and then push for a start against Blackpool. However, does anybody else consider the jury still being out on just how good he actually is or can be? Have we really seen enough of him to believe he will live up to the hype?

Oh no it’s not back again is it? I’ve quite enjoyed the last few weeks without ccfc ruining Saturday afternoons…..

17th v 19th in the Championship on the Sky red button, or Morocco v Portugal in a World Cup quarter final on ITV HD.

It’s a tough choice for sure…

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    17th v 19th in the Championship on the Sky red button, or Morocco v Portugal in a World Cup quarter final on ITV HD.

It’s a tough choice for sure…
    I would rather record the World Cup final itself and choose to watch the City playing live.

I would rather record the World Cup final itself and choose to watch the City playing live.
    This

Me too!

Good for you. But I'm guessing you've never watched the Sky red button service. As a rule, it's shit.

Good for you. But I'm guessing you've never watched the Sky red button service. As a rule, it's shit.
    You're right, I haven't. What is it that's so poor about the Sky red button service, is it the cameras, commentary?

You're right, I haven't. What is it that's so poor about the Sky red button service, is it the cameras, commentary?
    It's weird. You get one camera angle which is often poor, no replays, the commentaries can be embarrassingly bad and everything is in standard definition which often looks below normal quality. It can be really grim viewing at times. I always watch it if City are playing and there's no serious alternative, it's better than nothing, but I'll be giving it a swerve this afternoon.

The strange thing is that Sky Sports News has the goals and other highlights of Championship games often within minutes of the matches finishing and that coverage is much better quality. HD, different angles, etc. I've never understood why the Sky red button service is so bad, it doesn't make much sense to me, but it's been like that all along.

Allsop, Romeo, Ng, Kipre, Nkounkou; Wintle, Ralls, Rinomhota; O'Dowda, Robinson, Whyte.

Subs: Alnwick, Simpson, Sawyers, Ojo, Colwill, Etete, Harris

Good to see Whyte getting a chance. All Ireland front 3. Negative midfield though.

I wouldn’t, but I’ll be watching this afternoon’s game even though it looks like a pretty defensive line up to me.

It's weird. You get one camera angle which is often poor, no replays, the commentaries can be embarrassingly bad and everything is in standard definition which often looks below normal quality. It can be really grim viewing at times. I always watch it if City are playing and there's no serious alternative, it's better than nothing, but I'll be giving it a swerve this afternoon.

The strange thing is that Sky Sports News has the goals and other highlights of Championship games often within minutes of the matches finishing and that coverage is much better quality. HD, different angles, etc. I've never understood why the Sky red button service is so bad, it doesn't make much sense to me, but it's been like that all along.
    Even the various club tv channels have replays and are in HD(as opposed to it looking like someone has smeared vaseline on the camera lens on red button), not sure why they don't use those instead as they're being broadcast/streamed at the same time.

Only thing I can think of is that it's a bandwidth limit on the channel so unless there are only 2 or 3 games it has to be the lowest resolution. But then why not dedicate a special channel to 'red button'?

0-1 Wintle

Yes!

its a good picture today goal from wintle

What a lovely finish that is

good goal... started with some spirit fair play

1-1