+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Ponty v Bala

Ponty v Bala

My mate texted me this morning to say he was going to go. I doubted it’d be on seeing as I’d seen Taff’s Well’s frosty pitch this morning (they were due to play Barry today as well, not sure if it went ahead) and Treforest, where Ponty play, is only up the road, although it is a 4G pitch.

He’s just rang me to say the game was postponed but it was quite controversial. A local ref was called in prior to the match ref arriving and he declared the pitch fit to play. Another mate of mine, an ex ref, was there and he looked at the pitch and would have given it the ok as well. Bala, who’d stayed overnight, turned up as did the match officials, who’d travelled this morning from Wrexham. The match ref called it off after an inspection although Ponty still have to fork out £270 for the officials’ expenses. They apparently use a place called The Pottery post match, which no doubt had catering arranged, also Ponty had to pay the few stewards they use.

Must have been a nice few quid shelled out to no avail, what would the Bala’s squad & officials overnight stay have cost? Obviously games have to be postponed if the conditions and pitch are deemed dangerous but even Football League matches sometimes rely on a local ref’s decision to minimise cost.

Re: Ponty v Bala

The football season should be moved to run from March to November
    Better weather for players and fans, better pitches, attendances would increase at all level especially lower league football helping clubs financially without actually doing anything
    Could even start the season 2 weeks early and finish 2 weeks later for the Euros, World Cup or always have a month summer break every season

Quote Originally Posted by Its been emotional View Post
    The football season should be moved to run from March to November
    Better weather for players and fans, better pitches, attendances would increase at all level especially lower league football helping clubs financially without actually doing anything
    Could even start the season 2 weeks early and finish 2 weeks later for the Euros, World Cup or always have a month summer break every season
    That is a good shout for the various leagues in Wales.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    My mate texted me this morning to say he was going to go. I doubted it’d be on seeing as I’d seen Taff’s Well’s frosty pitch this morning (they were due to play Barry today as well, not sure if it went ahead) and Treforest, where Ponty play, is only up the road, although it is a 4G pitch.

He’s just rang me to say the game was postponed but it was quite controversial. A local ref was called in prior to the match ref arriving and he declared the pitch fit to play. Another mate of mine, an ex ref, was there and he looked at the pitch and would have given it the ok as well. Bala, who’d stayed overnight, turned up as did the match officials, who’d travelled this morning from Wrexham. The match ref called it off after an inspection although Ponty still have to fork out £270 for the officials’ expenses. They apparently use a place called The Pottery post match, which no doubt had catering arranged, also Ponty had to pay the few stewards they use.

Must have been a nice few quid shelled out to no avail, what would the Bala’s squad & officials overnight stay have cost? Obviously games have to be postponed if the conditions and pitch are deemed dangerous but even Football League matches sometimes rely on a local ref’s decision to minimise cost.
    Shithouse club.

Can’t wait for them to be relegated.