+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: O/T It's easier for me to get Heroin than Medical Cannabis

O/T It's easier for me to get Heroin than Medical Cannabis

On Monday I went to the Chronic Pain Clinic, suffering from a really bad spell of chronic spinal pain (a few weeks now) only to be told that there's no more to be done other than a very risky spinal injection. The MS Team offer nothing else other than the obscene amounts of prescription drugs (class C) I'm already on. I want to be taking Medical Cannabis (Sativex) and it's still unavailable to me in Wales.

The consultants make you feel guilty for being dependent on the very drugs they prescribe. I'm sick of it.

I'll now be buying it from Scotland but I have to go through private scripts which I'm lucky I can afford.

If I wanted to take Heroin, I could go and buy some within 10 minutes of where I live. Of course I'm not going to but I've really reached the point where I'm so fed up with the gatekeepers who don't have to live with a condition which, if this carries on, will permanently confine me to a wheelchair.

I don't feel sorry for myself. I'm in pain. I'm still managing to keep going but f*ck me it's hard work. I don't want sympathy or tea and biscuits. I want to be able to choose my own treatments and not be constantly thwarted by health professionals.

On top of all this, CCFC have sent my Christmas jumper to my old address. Seriously. Could it get much worse?

I guess this qualifies as a rant.

Re: O/T It's easier for me to get Heroin than Medical Cannabis

I've got Crohn's and would find some cannabis very helpful at times but can't be bothered to even attempt to get it or associate with drug dealers risking my job and kids etc.

I used to roll joints for a friends mum with MS years ago, feel your pain.

Quote Originally Posted by Welshcake. View Post
    I've got Crohn's and would find some cannabis very helpful at times but can't be bothered to even attempt to get it or associate with drug dealers risking my job and kids etc.

There was this in The Indy today too. Father paralysed by multiple sclerosis is back on his feet after ditching 75 tablets for ‘natural’ alternative

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    On Monday I went to the Chronic Pain Clinic, suffering from a really bad spell of chronic spinal pain (a few weeks now) only to be told that there's no more to be done other than a very risky spinal injection. The MS Team offer nothing else other than the obscene amounts of prescription drugs (class C) I'm already on. I want to be taking Medical Cannabis (Sativex) and it's still unavailable to me in Wales.

The consultants make you feel guilty for being dependent on the very drugs they prescribe. I'm sick of it.

I'll now be buying it from Scotland but I have to go through private scripts which I'm lucky I can afford.

If I wanted to take Heroin, I could go and buy some within 10 minutes of where I live. Of course I'm not going to but I've really reached the point where I'm so fed up with the gatekeepers who don't have to live with a condition which, if this carries on, will permanently confine me to a wheelchair.

I don't feel sorry for myself. I'm in pain. I'm still managing to keep going but f*ck me it's hard work. I don't want sympathy or tea and biscuits. I want to be able to choose my own treatments and not be constantly thwarted by health professionals.

On top of all this, CCFC have sent my Christmas jumper to my old address. Seriously. Could it get much worse?

I guess this qualifies as a rant.
    You are unlikely to get anything more than a police caution for personal use amounts of weed

It's a fantastic painkiller for when things are really bad and doesn't block you up

Quote Originally Posted by Welshcake. View Post

Have you tried amitriptyline for chronic pain ?

My mate has really bad IBS attacks and 50 mg of this gives him relief

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    You are unlikely to get anything more than a police caution for personal use amounts of weed

It's a fantastic painkiller for when things are really bad and doesn't block you up
    Yeah, it's mad. I just can't smoke it because of hallucinations. I smell it everywhere around me. You know what it's like with the Docs. They read their BNFs and "computer says no!"

Have you tried amitriptyline for chronic pain ?

My mate has really bad IBS attacks and 50 mg of this gives him relief
    It's a painkiller for certain MS symptoms too but if I took 50mg I'd be rocking and dribbling in a corner (more than now!).

Yeah, it's mad. I just can't smoke it because of hallucinations. I smell it everywhere around me. You know what it's like with the Docs. They read their BNFs and "computer says no!"
    Yes and the weed these days can be very powerful . I knocked it on the head as I was like a cabbage after a few joints .

Amitriptyline ? Pregabalin ?

When you are having a bad spell .....as now .....can you get away with occasional use of oromorph or tramadol ?

It's a painkiller for certain MS symptoms too but if I took 50mg I'd be rocking and dribbling in a corner (more than now!).
    What about 25 mg ? Or the lowest reasonable dose ?

What about 25 mg ? Or the lowest reasonable dose ?
    I've tried it. Just doesn't work for me mate. I wish it did.

I've tried it. Just doesn't work for me mate. I wish it did.
    I take it you have seen a pain consultant with a decent approach and have been up the ladder with regard to opiates ?

I take it you have seen a pain consultant with a decent approach and have been up the ladder with regard to opiates ?
    Yes. I've peaked. Tolerance is a problem for Gabapentin and Pregabalin. As for opiates.....they're complaining about my levels of co-codamol so it's a dead end. It's hard work mate.

Yes. I've peaked. Tolerance is a problem for Gabapentin and Pregabalin. As for opiates.....they're complaining about my levels of co-codamol so it's a dead end. It's hard work mate.
    Sounds like a load of shit or in the case of Co codomol , no shit

Has cannabis taken the edge off the pain before ?

Yes and the weed these days can be very powerful . I knocked it on the head as I was like a cabbage after a few joints .

Amitriptyline ? Pregabalin ?

When you are having a bad spell .....as now .....can you get away with occasional use of oromorph or tramadol ?
    Yeah, they buffer. But the pain is like having a knitting needle slowly being pushed into your spine. I just can't smoke. Too strong and end up hallucinating badly.

Seriously, I'd look at cultivating a few plants. Buying weed/weed based products for medicinal purposes is expensive and may not necessarily be the right type of weed for what you need.
    Obviously street weed is different again and designed to blow your balls off.

Do a bit of research, find something very specific to you, source some seeds and give it a go. There are sites you can use for specific types of weed but they're often very pricey just for small amounts.

There are of course risks with getting caught growing, but if it's literally just a few plants of a specific type, it will provide you with a long-term supply and you could easily make a case for why you're doing it. You don't have to smoke it either of course, make cakes, cookies, brownies etc with it.

Loads of stuff on Reddit, lots of subreddits about growing weed, or buying certain types of you don't want the hassle/risk

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja View Post
    Seriously, I'd look at cultivating a few plants. Buying weed/weed based products for medicinal purposes is expensive and may not necessarily be the right type of weed for what you need.
    Obviously street weed is different again and designed to blow your balls off.

Do a bit of research, find something very specific to you, source some seeds and give it a go. There are sites you can use for specific types of weed but they're often very pricey just for small amounts.

There are of course risks with getting caught growing, but if it's literally just a few plants of a specific type, it will provide you with a long-term supply and you could easily make a case for why you're doing it. You don't have to smoke it either of course, make cakes, cookies, brownies etc with it.

Loads of stuff on Reddit, lots of subreddits about growing weed, or buying certain types of you don't want the hassle/risk
    Cheers mate. Thanks for that. I'm definitely going to look at these and Mrs C is researching as I type. Appreciate the post.

These days its very easy to get all you need in TOR on the Market places, no need to meet anybody face to face, delivered to your door. Plenty of medical digestion options.

https://www.wired.co.uk/article/what...-how-to-access

If that's your game, DM & i will pass you a link to a solid market that's safe

Cheers mate. Thanks for that. I'm definitely going to look at these and Mrs C is researching as I type. Appreciate the post.
    I grow myself, outdoors in my garden here in Denmark. It's easy and also a great hobby. As mentioned already, most weed these days is just too strong, but grow your own and you can select exactly what you want, and 3 or 4 plants will provide more than enough for yourself all year, until you grow more. I give most of what I grow away to a few friends, and keep the rest for myself for my small consumption levels
    You can select seeds with purely CBD, if you don't want any high at all. Personally I've started to grow plants with a much lower THC content with high CBD so a mild high with the medicinal benefits. I just can't handle strong weed anymore, but like to sometimes get a little stoned on a Friday night with no work the next day.
    I'd recommend trying some auto-flower seeds, as they can be finished with around 12 weeks. The less high-grade, the easier to grow generally. Get something suitable to northern climates and mould resistant and it really quite straight forward.
    Allowing people to grow a small amount of plants for personal consumption would fix so many problems!

Quote Originally Posted by CopenhagenBlue View Post
    I grow myself, outdoors in my garden here in Denmark. It's easy and also a great hobby. As mentioned already, most weed these days is just too strong, but grow your own and you can select exactly what you want, and 3 or 4 plants will provide more than enough for yourself all year, until you grow more. I give most of what I grow away to a few friends, and keep the rest for myself for my small consumption levels
    You can select seeds with purely CBD, if you don't want any high at all. Personally I've started to grow plants with a much lower THC content with high CBD so a mild high with the medicinal benefits. I just can't handle strong weed anymore, but like to sometimes get a little stoned on a Friday night with no work the next day.
    I'd recommend trying some auto-flower seeds, as they can be finished with around 12 weeks. The less high-grade, the easier to grow generally. Get something suitable to northern climates and mould resistant and it really quite straight forward.
    Allowing people to grow a small amount of plants for personal consumption would fix so many problems!
    Absolutely

For some people cannabis is a no no , it really isn't good for them at all

But getting as you say ....a little bit stoned can be a lovely experience and for people with arthritis, bad pain , ms it can be the only think that works

I am not advocating getting leathered on 10 joints and driving to McDonald's with the munchies but allowing people to avoid criminalisation for having a toot .

A good friend of mine down the docks sells cannabis oil, is that any good , pm me if you want signposting

One option is to use a dry herb vaporiser (some will take oils as well). With these you don’t need tobacco, so no smoking issues or nicotine addition. If you have bought strong street weed then just reduce the amount you load into it the vap, a little bit of trial and error until you get the right dose.

I have used one for years and I am still using the original one I bought. They are also very discrete giving off very limited odour, due to the weed not burning. I have regularly stood outside theatre and music venues during the interval without anyone noticing I was vaping weed.

They are easy to use, just load weed into the heating cell or on the more expensive ones (German engineering) you load the weed into a metal capsule which is inserted in to the vap.

You can spend between £50 - £300 on a decent one. Some examples below:

Stork and Bickel (high end German products),
    https://www.storz-bickel.com/en/

A selection on Amazon
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=dry+vap...s_ts-doa-p_1_7

Isn’t oil the way to go….I know someone who makes this and uses it for pain relief

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Isn’t oil the way to go….I know someone who makes this and uses it for pain relief
    Oils are expensive due to being much harder to produce.
    I'd stick with growing a bit personally, much cheaper in the long run and can be used in different ways.
    Epilepsy is another one that is of personal interest for me. Medical science is showing huge progress with treatment for things like epilepsy, using cannabis.
    However, they are loathe to prescribe it despite the science suggesting it works.
    I absolutely get the frustration with red tape, more needs to be done and quicker.
    Cannabis does seem to help with a multitude of medical conditions, yet is still not readily available anywhere nearly enough.

On Monday I went to the Chronic Pain Clinic, suffering from a really bad spell of chronic spinal pain (a few weeks now) only to be told that there's no more to be done other than a very risky spinal injection.
    While I understand your reluctance to get a spinal injection I understand the risk is perceived rather than real. My son has done over 3000 of such injections in SW England with no issues; they don't always work but do in many cases. If you have been offered a spinal injection then you should at least consider it very carefully although it could be helpful to speak with medical professionals first before making up your mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    While I understand your reluctance to get a spinal injection I understand the risk is perceived rather than real. My son has done over 3000 of such injections in SW England with no issues; they don't always work but do in many cases. If you have been offered a spinal injection then you should at least consider it very carefully although it could be helpful to speak with medical professionals first before making up your mind.
    Yes, I agree. I didn't make it clear in my OP but I'd bite your hand off right now for that injection. I've been referred and will sign the million page exempt-from-liability form quite happily as it's been the worst it's ever been recently. It's off-label though (corticosteroid epidural).

I will get around to replying to all the other very kind and generous suggestions by everyone and I'm pretty much pursuing all avenues as the totally conventional route isn't working for me and there are other risks too. I'm really looking for greater quality-of-life, as much for my long-suffering wife as for me. I've had some great options today and that helps enormously.