+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Party , City Road Style

Party , City Road Style

BBC News - World Cup: Morocco fans party in Cardiff street after win
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-63937360

Re: Party , City Road Style

yeah I drove past that, either that match or the previous one, was great atmosphere

As a non resident of Cardiff or indeed Wales can anyone tell me if the character of the City Road area changed markedly in the last 20 years or so? It used to be an area with loads of car showrooms but nearly all of them have disappeared. About 2 years ago I walked the length of City Road and was surprised by the amount of rubbish strewn all over the pavement and road with what looked like gangs of people hanging around on street corners. It just seemed a different place to that I used to visit to see cars and buy spares.

bought my first car off a showroom from city road and used to box out of the YMCA off city road as a kid !

and yes turned into bit off a groggy area the last few years an area i tend to swerve these days

city road is probably about my favourite part of Cardiff these days, I'm there at least a couple of times a week.

there's a great selection of places to eat, a couple of Chinese supermarkets and some good halal butchers and greengrocers, get my hair cut regularly there too never seen gangs of unsavoury people there or experienced any aggro