+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Going Down ......On And Off The Pitch

Going Down ......On And Off The Pitch

What we are seeing is shocking really

The news of a transfer embargo together with the failure today to put to bed fellow relegation stiffs is surely a portent for the inevitable

We are talking relegation and the collapse of Cardiff City that the last 20 years of so hasn't been all roses but has seen a lot of good times ......relatively speaking

You simply have to beat sides around you and put back to back wins together to get out of relegation battles .......I am sorry but I am convinced our time is up and we are going down ......a poor squad , a manager with no experience at all and a club owner and staff who simply are sitting by whilst Rome burns

Relegation will be a disaster for us but unless things change big time we are running , not walking , towards it

What the hell is going on ?

Re: Going Down ......On And Off The Pitch

I honestly don’t think the squad is that bad, it’s not great but there is enough to be midtable. Problem is no kind of plan on or off the pitch and constantly appointing cheap “managers”. Constantly jumping from one fire to another.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    I honestly don’t think the squad is that bad, it’s not great but there is enough to be midtable. Problem is no kind of plan on or off the pitch and constantly appointing cheap “managers”. Constantly jumping from one fire to another.
    I think it's charging towards relegation

If Hudson was given a reasonable squad , we had some points on the board and our younger and fringe players were all making a contribution I think lower mid table might be a target 🎯

But Hudson is an inexperienced manager with not much to deposit into the bank

Today was a must win , fellow scrapper ...

But we blew it and that's just 2 wins in 10 games and it explains why we are staring relegation in the face

Mind you maybe it's me ? Maybe others are watching a side that will be playing championship football next season ?

I can't see it myself

Agreed. The players we’ve got as a whole are a decent enough Championship side and individually they show moments of class and quality. If we got them firing as a unit we’d be fine. Time will tell whether Hudson is the man who can get that cohesiveness.

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    Agreed. The players we’ve got as a whole are a decent enough Championship side and individually they show moments of class and quality. If we got them firing as a unit we’d be fine. Time will tell whether Hudson is the man who can get that cohesiveness.
    If ......my aunty had bollocks she would be my uncle

The squad is good enough for mid table but not with Hudson in charge. In these times, with the squad we have, the highest priority should be a good manager/coach but the board (no football knowledge) think the cheapest

Need new ownership asap….let’s hope it happens and maybe we will survive in this league.

Ownership aside, we weren't exactly poor today were we?
    Denied a stonewall pelanty, then Madine stays on the pitch having deserved a straight red, and goes on to nick 2 points for them.

I'm more concerned about the poor quality of officiating that has cost us AGAIN, rather than the performance.

The clowns running the show are another matter altogether...

Let's not berate Hudson and the lads though, whilst it was far from perfect, it could, and should, have been 3 points in all fairness.

We desperately need new ownership now. This lot will take us down to the depths. The future looks bleak.

Or Morison was still in charge we’d be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by theclaw View Post
    Or Morison was still in charge we’d be fine.
    Well once warnock left it went tits up

We should have looked for a decent manager but have employed on the cheap

None of them have been what you call a keeper

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    We desperately need new ownership now. This lot will take us down to the depths. The future looks bleak.
    I don't think that's going to happen so we need to appoint a manager of director of football

This.

We have a decent enough squad. Poor game management cost us today. We got mugged.

Three tough games coming up, can see us losing all three which will leave us deep in the relegation zone come the Leeds FA Cup game.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja View Post
    Ownership aside, we weren't exactly poor today were we?
    Denied a stonewall pelanty, then Madine stays on the pitch having deserved a straight red, and goes on to nick 2 points for them.

I'm more concerned about the poor quality of officiating that has cost us AGAIN, rather than the performance.

The clowns running the show are another matter altogether...

Let's not berate Hudson and the lads though, whilst it was far from perfect, it could, and should, have been 3 points in all fairness.
    2 points for a draw nowadays?

I’m one of the first to moan about city and I’ve said since his appointment I don’t think Hudson is the man to lead us (hope I’m wrong)

BUT we were good today. We played good football. We had good chances. A bit more clinical and if we hadn’t had a complete shitshow of a ref, we’d have battered them. Blackpool stole a point.

And I know you don’t stay up on good performances, but I’ve seen city a hell of a lot worse than they were today and they look like they will come good

So we just manage to stay up, then what? If nothing changes nothing changes- dare I say it but going down might be for the better.

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    So we just manage to stay up, then what? If nothing changes nothing changes- dare I say it but going down might be for the better.
    I fail to see how even less money for the club would ever be better.

Some clubs have come back stronger, most seem to struggle on down there for longer.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    If ......my aunty had bollocks she would be my uncle
    I thought she was originally?

Quote Originally Posted by superfeathers View Post
    I’m one of the first to moan about city and I’ve said since his appointment I don’t think Hudson is the man to lead us (hope I’m wrong)

BUT we were good today. We played good football. We had good chances. A bit more clinical and if we hadn’t had a complete shitshow of a ref, we’d have battered them. Blackpool stole a point.

And I know you don’t stay up on good performances, but I’ve seen city a hell of a lot worse than they were today and they look like they will come good
    We’ve been saying that for months now. Time to look at the stark reality that we’re not good enough at the moment, and strong candidates to go down.

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    The fans attitude towards the club is already apathetic, league 1 would see sub 10k crowds and significantly less money. No idea how we'd benefit from that?

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    The fans attitude towards the club is already apathetic, league 1 would see sub 10k crowds and significantly less money. No idea how we'd benefit from that?
    No chance of that happening. It's extremely rare for crowds to drop much on relegation from the Championship, certainly by that margin.

It's not Hudson's fault that we missed 22 shots, it's his predecessor and Tan that we have so few options. It's an L1 squad and that's where we'll end unless we are lucky.

Totally bullied today as we have so few up for the fight, thankfully we had Ralls and Wintle. Its not for the want we are just so underpowered physically. I spoke to my mates before the game that Madine would operate between NG and Romeo channel.

The fallacy of playing the right way needs to stop. NG is never a centre half (not his fault today) but it needs to be back to basics

Our team was better than theirs but we didn't finish it off and allowed them to bully is. I don't blame the referee, its the championship although he was inconsistent throughout the game, but they just steam rollered us in the second half

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I don't think that's going to happen so we need to appoint a manager of director of football
    They will never do that, they think they are doing ok….I wonder if Tan knows another relegation will mean he’d be lucky to give the club away…..

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    They will never do that, they think they are doing ok….I wonder if Tan knows another relegation will mean he’d be lucky to give the club away…..
    Wouldn't be able to give it away now, what with the Sala debt stuck on us and transfer embargo. The council own the ground, not the club, and aren't we still using costly rented facilities at the Vale for training?

It would take a billionaire passionate about Cardiff and prepared to take a big loss, and I don't see any of them out there.

Let's just hope we can pick things up on the pitch, I don't even want to think about the mess off it.