+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Alternative Forum? What a stupid bloody idea

Re: Alternative Forum? What a stupid bloody idea

Maybe just have this board and a politics board (which incorporates vaccines, WEF, dystopia etc).

Politics is the real toxicity and in this day and age it seems almost impossible to have a civil discussion about politics if there is disagreement.
    It's not just on here it's everywhere in society and it drags people down.

I like to lurk and very occasionally post on Sunderlands SMG which to me is a great message board.
    They have a separate forums for a few topics and admit it's widely acknowledged that the politics forum is a good idea to keep the bickering minimal.
    I think Football and everything else is fine...just keep the politics contained in its own box.

For what it's worth....this place is still my internet home and has been since I discovered the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Exactly. I've been guilty of it myself over the years, but a bit of reflection and self awareness does wonders and has served me well. It's the same people saying the same things when certain threads get out of hand. It's like they have **** all else to do than repeat themselves constantly, for whatever reason. I know that we can all ignore the threads in question, but it's more than that in my opinion, it's about blowing out the idiots who use this forum as a way of feeding their own inadequacies.
    By the way Tuerto...just finishing my bathroom after what seems about 6 months.
    I'll send you a photo or two if you'd like.

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    Sure thing mate-Love to see it!

Didn’t the Alternative Forum come about due to a bunch of bible bashing, nazi fascists derailing threads left right and centre?
    I can’t recall it happening since so something must be going right.

Make sure you aren't naked and within sight of a mirror. Someone I know failed to check before he posted on Facebook.
    Unfortunately, he had very little to be modest about....

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Make sure you aren't naked and within sight of a mirror. Someone I know failed to check before he posted on Facebook.
    Someone you know? Are you saying that the rumours you are called Taunton's Blue Weenie in parts of Somerset are unfounded, then?

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Classic!!

that the job I recommended a breaker drill to remove the tiles ? ? ?

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    Bully for you.

But some of us who remember the board in its heyday like the more eclectic mix that used to exist. I personally like hearing other people's views on various subjects.

That too is pretty easy to understand.

At the end of the day it is Mike's board to do with as he wishes.

But nothing wrong in supporting a different view of how the board should be
    And this sort of response is exactly why we have an alternative board. ‘Bully for you’?

Thankfully Mike runs a sensible board unlike other and thankfully he is in charge.

It is pretty easy to understand.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Someone you know? Are you saying that the rumours you are called Taunton's Blue Weenie in parts of Somerset are unfounded, then?
    He posted on Facebook a photo of his bedroom on a small cruise boat before it set off down the Nile - and as there was no wifi on the boat he didn't realise for a week! 'Twas rather acorn-like.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Cobblers
    NON FOOTBALL..reported

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    NON FOOTBALL..reported
    They mend football boots. Report withdrawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    And this sort of response is exactly why we have an alternative board. ‘Bully for you’?

Thankfully Mike runs a sensible board unlike other and thankfully he is in charge.

It is pretty easy to understand.
    Well if the board is being run like you want it and others want it you will soon be in a very small inclusive club

Wether it's the new format or covid or fans finding other means such as twitter this place doesn't have the hits these days

Fill your boots

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    NON FOOTBALL..reported
    Stuff off !

Stuff off !
    this should be on the Alternative thread about xmas food and stuffing

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    that the job I recommended a breaker drill to remove the tiles ? ? ?
    Yes Mate, it lead me down a path of buying a ton of Bosch 18v power tools :)

Yes Mate, it lead me down a path of buying a ton of Bosch 18v power tools :)
    its a path to avoid if you can though once you have them, they are always handy

Tonight is a perfect example of the decline of this messageboard

It's 930 pm and completely dead

Some of you can try and blame that on too much politics or music if you like but that's nonsense

Some of you can try and blame that on too much politics or music if you like but that's nonsense
    And it'd be completely dead either way, as that's the way these boards are going.

People don't generally stumble across these places, so it's down to the few regulars and the odd bit of word of mouth.

It's about looking after what you've got, and the population is only getting older.

Allowing absolutely codswollop on the main board to please a few blokes stuck in their ancient ways isn't going to suddenly resurrect the place.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    And it'd be completely dead either way, as that's the way these boards are going.

People don't generally stumble across these places, so it's down to the few regulars and the odd bit of word of mouth.

It's about looking after what you've got, and the population is only getting older.

Allowing absolutely codswollop on the main board to please a few blokes stuck in their ancient ways isn't going to suddenly resurrect the place.
    Stoke City's Oatcake , Plymouth PASOTI and Sunderlands Ready To Go are all thriving messageboards with a similar potty style to this one

I think that's why they are still going .

I tend to agree. Problem is that the same drum is being banged time after time. Mike said that it's still anything goes on here, just the political stuff and the conspiracy bollocks is shunted off, and for good reason, as people rarely listen to each other, way to wrapped up in their own prejudices and personal experiences, which kills any kind of decent dialogue, And it's the same people arguing amongst each other. Don't they get bored of it?

Anyway, i suppose it's up to us as posters to stimulate decent conversation, there's a whole world of subject matter we could post about, educate each other on, share experiences and funny or interesting situations or incidents we have enjoyed. This place should be about enjoyment and sharing information etc, and for the most part it is. Problems arise when it gets strangled by people who have an agenda, or who are frustrated, angry, sad etc it would be a much better forum if they just said as much.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I tend to agree. Problem is that the same drum is being banged time after time. Mike said that it's still anything goes on here, just the political stuff and the conspiracy bollocks is shunted off, and for good reason, as people rarely listen to each other, way to wrapped up in their own prejudices and personal experiences, which kills any kind of decent dialogue, And it's the same people arguing amongst each other. Don't they get bored of it?

Anyway, i suppose it's up to us as posters to stimulate decent conversation, there's a whole world of subject matter we could post about, educate each other on, share experiences and funny or interesting situations or incidents we have enjoyed. This place should be about enjoyment and sharing information etc, and for the most part it is. Problems arise when it gets strangled by people who have an agenda, or who are frustrated, angry, sad etc it would be a much better forum if they just said as much.
    This has aged well.

there is no such thing as nine hundred and thirty pm.

This has aged well.
    but we can see why certain posts get moved now

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    but we can see why certain posts get moved now
    Absolutely