+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Mental Health Amongst The Homeless

Re: Mental Health Amongst The Homeless

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Put the phone down or keyboard away Sludge, this is pitiful to witness.

Go and have a brew, you’re obviously getting yourself into an unnecessary emotional state.
    See back on here again 5 minutes later

Take her out for a curry , take her shopping , buy your daughter a horse

Just stop spending your life on here

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    That's why you have been away

You have had a bad patch

Nothing to be ashamed of but you can't lecture others without doing the same

You spent months on here whipping things up then vanished then came back

You get from me what you give out , I think you are fake
    I have been in fantastic health.

Decided to knock distractions on the head for a while, it's good to experiment. I noticed I slept better when I wasn't using the internet so much, and wasn't as distracted in work.

You get away with murder on here, people feel sorry for you because you give off victim vibes, you've had a hard life (in your view not compared to most I'd add) so no w you take it out on strangers on the internet to make yourself feel better.

Why did all these things happen to me etc...

The rest of us woke up got out of bed and got on with it.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    I have been in fantastic health.

Decided to knock distractions on the head for a while, it's good to experiment. I noticed I slept better when I wasn't using the internet so much, and wasn't as distracted in work.

You get away with murder on here, people feel sorry for you because you give off victim vibes, you've had a hard life (in your view not compared to most I'd add) so no w you take it out on strangers on the internet to make yourself feel better.

Why did all these things happen to me etc...

The rest of us woke up got out of bed and got on with it.
    You went away

You came back

You are still persona non grata

Spend time with your daughter , it's got to be better than letting this mind cancer get to you

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Magic money tree again?

It's so easy to deal with all of these problems, just spend more money, it's free............................

Get with the program, we've just had a one-in-a-hundred-year event, the pandemic, and there is not enough money to fund the NHS let alone build a shed load of houses.
    There was plenty of dough swishing about for PPE?

I wonder where most of that ended up?

I agree with all of that

But where does this idea that the council are great and the voluntary sector who are dependent on them are frittering away cash whilst the homeless suffer ?
    I don't think I actually said that butt?

27 years working in homelessness services.

You?

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    I don't think I actually said that butt?

27 years working in homelessness services.

You?
    Ten

But I keep my hand in

Your implication was that the council funded the voluntary sector .....which is generally correct and the voluntary sector don't appear to be doing a very good job of getting results with what they are given

There is no other conclusion I think I can make from what you have posted

Ten

But I keep my hand in

Your implication was that the council funded the voluntary sector .....which is generally correct and the voluntary sector don't appear to be doing a very good job of getting results with what they are given

There is no other conclusion I think I can make from what you have posted
    Your interpretation.

I will stand by what I did say in that I feel homelessness services would be better served with a centralised strategy and operational delivery instead of the fractured nature it has and currently still experiences. I worked both third sector and statutory. Took VR a few years ago and went back on the actual day to day. Been to a few units of temporary accommodation this afternoon and was dealing with rough sleeper at past 7pm. Do I get an award?

You won’t like hearing this but outcome wise some of the charities are all style no substance. The outcomes achieved over the years have been questionable although not having access to adequate other services will always be an issue if health and substance misuse services are not drastically improved. For equilibrium, the third sector services delivering some homelessness services will always be pissing in the wind without those major improvements.

I’m not particularly having a go at Shelter but what frontline services do they deliver? Could someone in extreme and immediate housing need be able to realistically contact them now if needed, or would they need to go to the local authority? I always wondered how some charity CEOs salary sat with him when he was pontificating to local authority staff whilst eating vol au vents at some conference?

I firmly believe everyone should be able to get independent housing advice but for the money Shelter get I query their worth?

Housing Act Wales
    Rent Smart Wales
    Renting Homes Wales

all led by the Senedd.

Your interpretation.

I will stand by what I did say in that I feel homelessness services would be better served with a centralised strategy and operational delivery instead of the fractured nature it has and currently still experiences. I worked both third sector and statutory. Took VR a few years ago and went back on the actual day to day. Been to a few units of temporary accommodation this afternoon and was dealing with rough sleeper at past 7pm. Do I get an award?

You won’t like hearing this but outcome wise some of the charities are all style no substance. The outcomes achieved over the years have been questionable although not having access to adequate other services will always be an issue if health and substance misuse services are not drastically improved. For equilibrium, the third sector services delivering some homelessness services will always be pissing in the wind without those major improvements.

I’m not particularly having a go at Shelter but what frontline services do they deliver? Could someone in extreme and immediate housing need be able to realistically contact them now if needed, or would they need to go to the local authority? I always wondered how some charity CEOs salary sat with him when he was pontificating to local authority staff whilst eating vol au vents at some conference?

I firmly believe everyone should be able to get independent housing advice but for the money Shelter get I query their worth?

Housing Act Wales
    Rent Smart Wales
    Renting Homes Wales

all led by the Senedd.
    No you don't get an award

I don't like shelter cymru personally and their office in Walter Rd Swansea was a nightmare to get to in the morning

Shanni Morgan , Rhodris daughter worked there in the old days although I have nomidea what she's up to these days

I have no idea what you are on about with regard to the vol o vents .....do you mean Jon Puzey ?

No you don't get an award

I don't like shelter cymru personally and their office in Walter Rd Swansea was a nightmare to get to in the morning

Shanni Morgan , Rhodris daughter worked there in the old days although I have nomidea what she's up to these days

I have no idea what you are on about with regard to the vol o vents .....do you mean Jon Puzey ?
    John Puzey retired a few years ago. I personally ghink his biggest contribution to homelessness in Wales was being buddies with the Senedd member who drafted the Housing Act? The reality was though the Act followed some practices that were already in practice.

The reality also is at this moment local authorities are reliant on charitable organisations to deliver services. Lots of innovative stuff going on, some good, some crap.

Personally, schemes like Housing First, Rapid Rehousing etc will always be up against without access to other services such as mental health.

Sadly, at this moment too and relating to rough sleepers, I think it's inevitable there'll always be a cohort who suffer from it due to individual choice a fear to use hostels, choose not to as they're able to undertake their lifestyle choices also remember temporary accommodation providers not being able to manage risk for some so they're unable to access them.

Should people give to rough sleepers directly? Hmmm... I go with no as you could be facilitating their lifestyle choices which could include crime, ASB, substance misuse.

Worked on Walter Road myself. Great organisation, now no longer with us. Best organisation I worked for. Really had their fingers on the pulse of their service users. Ball ache for parking there. Great pub the George nearby though which compensated.

No award to be given? Offended. *laughing*

Regards Sludgey.

See back on here again 5 minutes later

Take her out for a curry , take her shopping , buy your daughter a horse

Just stop spending your life on here
    Buy her a horse??!?! You’d only be screaming that I was a Tory and could have bought her a pony and given the rest to charity instead.

As for you telling anyone else to stop spending their life on here. Jesus wept. Irony post of the year that. Top of the pops. Straight in at number for Xmas.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Buy her a horse??!?! You’d only be screaming that I was a Tory and could have bought her a pony and given the rest to charity instead.

As for you telling anyone else to stop spending their life on here. Jesus wept. Irony post of the year that. Top of the pops. Straight in at number for Xmas.
    Back on here again ?

Sort your life out

John Puzey retired a few years ago. I personally ghink his biggest contribution to homelessness in Wales was being buddies with the Senedd member who drafted the Housing Act? The reality was though the Act followed some practices that were already in practice.

The reality also is at this moment local authorities are reliant on charitable organisations to deliver services. Lots of innovative stuff going on, some good, some crap.

Personally, schemes like Housing First, Rapid Rehousing etc will always be up against without access to other services such as mental health.

Sadly, at this moment too and relating to rough sleepers, I think it's inevitable there'll always be a cohort who suffer from it due to individual choice a fear to use hostels, choose not to as they're able to undertake their lifestyle choices also remember temporary accommodation providers not being able to manage risk for some so they're unable to access them.

Should people give to rough sleepers directly? Hmmm... I go with no as you could be facilitating their lifestyle choices which could include crime, ASB, substance misuse.

Worked on Walter Road myself. Great organisation, now no longer with us. Best organisation I worked for. Really had their fingers on the pulse of their service users. Ball ache for parking there. Great pub the George nearby though which compensated.

No award to be given? Offended. *laughing*

Regards Sludgey.
    I worked for Oxford Housing Rights Centre in the early nineties who were funded by Shelter National

I don't like the digital and e mail world of advice and support these days and I am glad to be out of it .

Happy Xmas