+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Up the strikers

Up the strikers

I joined the picket line outside Tredegar Ambiance Station today for 30 minutes with my old colleagues (I left the service in September). There appears to be good support from general public with many well wishers and constant beeping from passing motorists.

Re: Up the strikers

Absolutely

That health Secretary in England is a complete asshole

Shit thought it was a footy thread

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Just for you.

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Absolutely

That health Secretary in England is a complete asshole
    You should apply for ladies health Secretary job

Quote Originally Posted by Grievous Angel View Post
    fecking facists

International

Quote Originally Posted by 79blue View Post
    I joined the picket line outside Tredegar Ambiance Station today for 30 minutes with my old colleagues (I left the service in September). There appears to be good support from general public with many well wishers and constant beeping from passing motorists.
    Must be tiring for them to stand up that long they're normally sat down in the vans outside A&E for 7 hours.

I've never once been able to get one, I used to have to take my mother in every time she fell.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    But that would read .. Up our strikers

Do we have any ?

International

Is that Drakefords responsibility to pay for the ambulance service in Wales?

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Is that Drakefords responsibility to pay for the ambulance service in Wales?
    No.

I'm in Tred tomorrow. Is the Ambulance Station still at the bottom of Sirhowy hill?
    I'll give you a beep and a one handed Ayatollah.

Must be tiring for them to stand up that long they're normally sat down in the vans outside A&E for 7 hours.

I've never once been able to get one, I used to have to take my mother in every time she fell.
    Maybe you should consider not voting for a party that despises the NHS and that has wrecked it over the last 12 years.

When the Tories came into power in 2010 the NHS has almost cleared the waiting lists and was well resourced. Prior to 2012 I had never had to queue outside a hospital waiting to admit a patient. It is due to the decimation of the NHS and social care that all hospitals are gridlocked, causing ambulances to queue up outside. Maybe that is the reason why you could not get an ambulance

The last time the NHS was in such a state was in 1997 at the end of 18 years of Tory rule. I think there is a pattern in there somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by valleys caveman View Post
    I'm in Tred tomorrow. Is the Ambulance Station still at the bottom of Sirhowy hill?
    I'll give you a beep and a one handed Ayatollah.
    Yes it is. No strike tomorrow though.

International

Maybe you should consider not voting for a party that despises the NHS and that has wrecked it over the last 12 years.

When the Tories came into power in 2010 the NHS has almost cleared the waiting lists and was well resourced. Prior to 2012 I had never had to queue outside a hospital waiting to admit a patient. It is due to the decimation of the NHS and social care that all hospitals are gridlocked, causing ambulances to queue up outside. Maybe that is the reason why you could not get an ambulance

The last time the NHS was in such a state was in 1997 at the end of 18 years of Tory rule. I think there is a pattern in there somewhere.
    Wales NHS? Drakeford's Labour, has the magic money died?

There was enough to lower speeds to 20mph and waste on the brynglas tunnel alternative then decide not to bother after all and leave Wales like a car park.

Even after the strike, they won't be able to drive around in Wales, he'll probably give them bikes and add some dedicated ambulance cycle lanes.

Yes it is. No strike tomorrow though.

Wales NHS? Drakeford's Labour, has the magic money died?

There was enough to lower speeds to 20mph and waste on the brynglas tunnel alternative then decide not to bother after all and leave Wales like a car park.
    Central government sets the amount of money available for the budget in Wales with a pro rata amount for health set against the budget for the NHS in England. Please try a little harder.

International

Central government sets the amount of money available for the budget in Wales with a pro rata amount for health set against the budget for the NHS in England. Please try a little harder.
    The Welsh government has a budget for Wales and decides how to waste it, it doesn't have to make sure it goes to the best needs.

Longer lockdowns, no travel more than five miles, free prescriptions, slower roads, blocked motorways, more cycle lanes, free money when you come out of care, it doesn't have to be used on services that welsh people need obviously?

Levelling up has gone well.

The Welsh government has a budget for Wales and decides how to waste it, it doesn't have to make sure it goes to the best needs.

Longer lockdowns, no travel more than five miles, free prescriptions, slower roads, blocked motorways, more cycle lanes, free money when you come out of care, it doesn't have to be used on services that welsh people need obviously?
    He can only juggle the resources that he is given. We have a central government who's ambition is only to shrink the state and to help the wealthy to avoid paying appropriate taxation. Therefore the budget is Wakes is dependant on this extreme Tory ideology.

Maybe the next time your mum falls and you have difficulty in getting an ambulance you can explain to her the reasons why or go an a diatribe against Drakeford.

International

He can only juggle the resources that he is given. We have a central government who's ambition is only to shrink the state and to help the wealthy to avoid paying appropriate taxation. Therefore the budget is Wakes is dependant on this extreme Tory ideology.

Maybe the next time your mum falls and you have difficulty in getting an ambulance you can explain to her the reasons why or go an a diatribe against Drakeford.
    The NHS has had it in Wales and the rest of the UK, too many people taking out and never paying in, way too many tax dodgers and people on benefits in Wales especially demanding more and more money from the people who are working. Unless thats sorted there will never be enough money to put it right.

In Wales, too much of the money is wasted on stupid ideas that nobody wants.

International

NHS is bad in England, way worse in Wales, my Mum passed away a couple of years ago, but I was always able to help more than the ambulance service it was broken even back then.

International

If they give them more pay, how will they fund it?

200 ambulances with better-paid drivers available instead of 300?

Just get the Tories to print more like they do when the banks crash.
    They always have money to Bail out the banker scum.

Ambulance driver is not a title we use any more. During the last ambulance strike the health secretary (Ken Clarke) called them glorified taxi drivers. They are not ambulance drivers they they are highly trained medical professionals.

They are able for example to diagnose many conditions using diagnostic equipment, provide drugs to support people in critical condition, arrange direct admission to heart, stroke and medical admission units besides taking people to A&E.

They can perform advanced procedures including endotracheal intubation. Perform chest decompression to reverse collapsed lungs, perform cricothyrotomy to open a blocked airway, insert needles into bones when IV access is unavailable. They can close wounds with sutures and insert urinary catheters.

Remember they can do all this without the say so of a doctor and entirely on their own clinical judgement.

Maybe you would prefer to have a St Johns volunteer arrive to aid you rather than a paramedic, to save you a bit of tax.