+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CARDIFF CITY SUPPORTERS TRUST ......TIME TO JOIN UP

CARDIFF CITY SUPPORTERS TRUST ......TIME TO JOIN UP

OK enough is enough now

This club is in trouble and we need to stick together

If you don't support the idea of fan representation or if you think there are other ways ......skip this message

For 12 quid a year we can have people elected by us to at least try and keep us involved with what's currently going on

In some ways we are helpless and we can't influence what goes on with the playing side but I think after several years of not being a member it's time to join up

Bluebirds

https://www.ccfctrust.org/

Re: CARDIFF CITY SUPPORTERS TRUST ......TIME TO JOIN UP

I still don’t quite get what the Trust or CCSC do or the difference between the 2.

Do either actually have a say in matters?

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    I still don’t quite get what the Trust or CCSC do or the difference between the 2.

Do either actually have a say in matters?
    Supporters club are primarily for organising away travel , sponsoring players etc

The trust is more concerned with the running of the club , the clubs image , community links , media etc

The owner is the one with the capital etc all we can do is support .....supporters club .....or ask to be provided with information regarding how the club is run and try and ensure that fans are kept in the loop ....Trust

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    OK enough is enough now

This club is in trouble and we need to stick together

If you don't support the idea of fan representation or if you think there are other ways ......skip this message

For 12 quid a year we can have people elected by us to at least try and keep us involved with what's currently going on

In some ways we are helpless and we can't influence what goes on with the playing side but I think after several years of not being a member it's time to join up

Bluebirds

https://www.ccfctrust.org/
    Done. I feel a warm glow. I hope it's nothing serious.

Supporters club are primarily for organising away travel , sponsoring players etc

The trust is more concerned with the running of the club , the clubs image , community links , media etc

The owner is the one with the capital etc all we can do is support .....supporters club .....or ask to be provided with information regarding how the club is run and try and ensure that fans are kept in the loop ....Trust
    Fair enough. If it’s a rolling membership that renews annually then I think I’m in the CCSC, they let me on their busses at least.

Is the Trust still on bad terms with the club? I recall that being a thing a while ago.

Done

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Done
    Bluebirds

Quote Originally Posted by John Buchanan View Post
    Done. I feel a warm glow. I hope it's nothing serious.
    Trust Me I am a Doctor

Fair enough. If it’s a rolling membership that renews annually then I think I’m in the CCSC, they let me on their busses at least.

Is the Trust still on bad terms with the club? I recall that being a thing a while ago.
    Well I don't think anyone's really getting on well at the moment with regard to CCFC

If the Trust is full of cnuts like Sludge it’s not difficult to see why the club don’t want anything to do with them

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    If the Trust is full of cnuts like Sludge it’s not difficult to see why the club don’t want anything to do with them
    You are doing it again

You just can't help yourself can you ?

This is an important thread about our club , never mind your ego

Go elsewhere with your nonsense

Are you saying that the Cardiff City Supporters Trust is full of kunts ?

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    Are you saying that the Cardiff City Supporters Trust is full of kunts ?
    I have also just rejoined the trust after ten years away.....as of this evening

So this khunt has no influence whatsoever on proceedings no what Mr hare thinks

I just "joined", but all they did was take my money. I'm not complaining, but how am I a member?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I just "joined", but all they did was take my money. I'm not complaining, but how am I a member?
    Never mind. I'm in. Got a number and everything.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Never mind. I'm in. Got a number and everything.
    More than I got !

I am going to phone the club and complain

Keith, the Trust Chairman, attended a meeting with Ken Choo lastFriday and Mehmet Dalman on Saturday, there was an issue between the club and the Trust months ago, but it’s been resolved now.

I’d never join either with people like him and a few others on this board for that matter ….especially with the comments they have directed towards posters with different OpInIoNs

That’s said if anyone wants a face to face meeting to see if my stance can be reconsidered I’d welcome it, as people can be full of hot air when posting anonymously.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Keith, the Trust Chairman, attended a meeting with Ken Choo lastFriday and Mehmet Dalman on Saturday, there was an issue between the club and the Trust months ago, but it’s been resolved now.
    Here's Keith's notes on the Friday meeting, I think those for the Saturday meeting have been posted in a different thread.

CCST Chair meeting with club officials on the topic of the Fans Led Review of football

November 2022 represented one year on from the publication of the original report, a copy of which was sent to the club at the time. The anniversary was marked by a meeting in the House of Lords last month which was attended by Tracey Crouch MP who chaired the committee which created the final version of the report, a number of Peers and MPs, senior members of the FSA (Football Supporters Association), representatives of the EFL and Premier League and a small number of representatives of football club Supporters Trusts. I was fortunate to be invited as one of those Trusts and afterwards was also able to have conversations with a number of South Wales MPs who are all in support of the paper. At the time I prepared a report on the meeting which was sent to our CCST members.

What is important to note is that there is strong cross party support for getting the report enshrined into law up to and including Prime Minister and Leader of the Opposition level and pledges from the current Sports Minister and the Chair of the Parliamentiary DCMS (Digital Culture Media Sport) Committee to get a White Paper before Parliament “imminently” – within weeks rather than months. There has been a pledge from the same people that the report contents will not be “watered down” and that the only required amendments will those involving wording necessary to get the legislation in place.

Throughout 2022 I have copied in updates on the position to the club asking for their views on its contents but the response has always been that the club did not consider it an appropriate time to discuss the matter. Earlier this month I received a call from Ken Choo agreeing to a meeting to discuss the topic and that meeting took place on Friday 16th December. I should stress that this was a single topic meeting so there was no opportunity to ask Trust members for questions on other subjects.

The meeting was attended by club CEO Ken Choo and club Finance Director Phillip Jenkins and the key contents of the FLR report and current position were discussed in some detail. As a reminder, the key recommendations in the report are as follows

1.The appointment of an Independent Regulator to oversee the Corporate Governance of the current football authorities such as the FA, Premier League and EFL. This is due to the deemed failure of those authorities to regulate themselves properly, leading to problems at Chelsea, Bury, Birmingham and Bolton amongst others.

2.A new improved owners and directors test. The current one is fairly weak and the new one is designed to ensure that not only are they fit in the general sense but can demonstrate that they actually apply their disclosed skills to a specific role at the club.

3.A new approach to corporate governance at clubs to try and ensure that they do not spend beyond their means and get into financial trouble.

4.A requirement of a published statement at each club as to how they deal with diversity and equality issues, to be overseen by the new Independent Regulator. This will include a policy on things like LGBT issues.

5.The creation of a fans` shadow board of directors at each club with whom the club`s directors will be obliged to consult on a regular and frequent basis. The club will have no opportunity to appoint members of that board which will be made up of fans elected by the fans themselves, The representatives will have to confirm and be seen that they have no conflict to their independence such as a material financial, family or contractual interest in the club.

6. A requirement that the club shows that it is at all times protecting the club`s heritage for its fans. i.e it will not be able to change a club`s location, name , colours or badge without the specific proven consent of a large majority of its fans. As a fan it is embarrassing that our club is specifically mentioned in the report as a bad example in this regard and a reason to change the rules.

7. A fairer distribution of income from t.v. rights etc. between the Premier League and the EFL. This is an ongoing discussion between those two bodies.

8. Equal treatment for women`s football regarding the above topics.

9.Better protection of players` welfare in areas such as their recovery from long term injury, mental health etc.

The key areas above were discussed with Ken and Phil in a constructive and sensible manner with comments from both sides of the discussion. The club wish to have formal discussions only after the White Paper is issued , but have pledged to then sit down with the Trust in an effort to work with the club to implement the future legal requirements and overcome any objections which might be raised by the club owner. As and when such a meeting takes place and as and when the White Paper is issued I will keep Trust members updated.

Keith Morgan

Chair

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    I’d never join either with people like him and a few others on this board for that matter ….especially with the comments they have directed towards posters with different OpInIoNs

That’s said if anyone wants a face to face meeting to see if my stance can be reconsidered I’d welcome it, as people can be full of hot air when posting anonymously.
    It's not the "Sludge and a few others on this board" Supporters Trust though, is it ?

More than I got !

I am going to phone the club and complain
    Actually, good point. They took my money but I have heard nothing back, they didn't even take my details. Was the warm glow a foretelling of a scam? Perish the thought.....

Edit, coffee kicked in, remembered to check my spam folder, all good, email below received.

Good morning Ian. Thank you for joining Cardiff City Supporters' Trust
    by paying your membership fee through PayPal. I have registered your
    details on our database and allocated you a membership no. of 1686.

There's one other thing, could you give us your contact details please,
    so that we can send you a GDPR form and it would also mean that we could
    send you your new members pack, as well as a copy of the latest Trust
    magazine.

If you have any queries or comments you can either visit our website at
    https://www.ccfctrust.org/ or e-mail me at this address.

Regards.

Paul

Done.

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post

Give your head a wobble

I have nothing to do with the trust these days and have only just rejoined......as of yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by NottinghamBlue View Post
    Done.
    Top man

Bluebirds

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    Here's Keith's notes on the Friday meeting, I think those for the Saturday meeting have been posted in a different thread.

CCST Chair meeting with club officials on the topic of the Fans Led Review of football

November 2022 represented one year on from the publication of the original report, a copy of which was sent to the club at the time. The anniversary was marked by a meeting in the House of Lords last month which was attended by Tracey Crouch MP who chaired the committee which created the final version of the report, a number of Peers and MPs, senior members of the FSA (Football Supporters Association), representatives of the EFL and Premier League and a small number of representatives of football club Supporters Trusts. I was fortunate to be invited as one of those Trusts and afterwards was also able to have conversations with a number of South Wales MPs who are all in support of the paper. At the time I prepared a report on the meeting which was sent to our CCST members.

What is important to note is that there is strong cross party support for getting the report enshrined into law up to and including Prime Minister and Leader of the Opposition level and pledges from the current Sports Minister and the Chair of the Parliamentiary DCMS (Digital Culture Media Sport) Committee to get a White Paper before Parliament “imminently” – within weeks rather than months. There has been a pledge from the same people that the report contents will not be “watered down” and that the only required amendments will those involving wording necessary to get the legislation in place.

Throughout 2022 I have copied in updates on the position to the club asking for their views on its contents but the response has always been that the club did not consider it an appropriate time to discuss the matter. Earlier this month I received a call from Ken Choo agreeing to a meeting to discuss the topic and that meeting took place on Friday 16th December. I should stress that this was a single topic meeting so there was no opportunity to ask Trust members for questions on other subjects.

The meeting was attended by club CEO Ken Choo and club Finance Director Phillip Jenkins and the key contents of the FLR report and current position were discussed in some detail. As a reminder, the key recommendations in the report are as follows

1.The appointment of an Independent Regulator to oversee the Corporate Governance of the current football authorities such as the FA, Premier League and EFL. This is due to the deemed failure of those authorities to regulate themselves properly, leading to problems at Chelsea, Bury, Birmingham and Bolton amongst others.

2.A new improved owners and directors test. The current one is fairly weak and the new one is designed to ensure that not only are they fit in the general sense but can demonstrate that they actually apply their disclosed skills to a specific role at the club.

3.A new approach to corporate governance at clubs to try and ensure that they do not spend beyond their means and get into financial trouble.

4.A requirement of a published statement at each club as to how they deal with diversity and equality issues, to be overseen by the new Independent Regulator. This will include a policy on things like LGBT issues.

5.The creation of a fans` shadow board of directors at each club with whom the club`s directors will be obliged to consult on a regular and frequent basis. The club will have no opportunity to appoint members of that board which will be made up of fans elected by the fans themselves, The representatives will have to confirm and be seen that they have no conflict to their independence such as a material financial, family or contractual interest in the club.

6. A requirement that the club shows that it is at all times protecting the club`s heritage for its fans. i.e it will not be able to change a club`s location, name , colours or badge without the specific proven consent of a large majority of its fans. As a fan it is embarrassing that our club is specifically mentioned in the report as a bad example in this regard and a reason to change the rules.

7. A fairer distribution of income from t.v. rights etc. between the Premier League and the EFL. This is an ongoing discussion between those two bodies.

8. Equal treatment for women`s football regarding the above topics.

9.Better protection of players` welfare in areas such as their recovery from long term injury, mental health etc.

The key areas above were discussed with Ken and Phil in a constructive and sensible manner with comments from both sides of the discussion. The club wish to have formal discussions only after the White Paper is issued , but have pledged to then sit down with the Trust in an effort to work with the club to implement the future legal requirements and overcome any objections which might be raised by the club owner. As and when such a meeting takes place and as and when the White Paper is issued I will keep Trust members updated.

Keith Morgan

Chair
    That is why we need an elected trust , proper dialogue not rumours and heresay

People say oh why can't we have an open meeting so ordinary fans can go .....we will tell the club what we think .......but that's clearly not going to work

If the trust members do a bad job , vote them off