+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Yanks showing off again.

Re: Yanks showing off again.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    That's the average total. I remember it snowed 27 inches once in a single storm.
    For people, like us, who have no experience of these conditions it begs the question, “Who’d live in a place with such fluctuations?”

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    For people, like us, who have no experience of these conditions it begs the question, “Who’d live in a place with such fluctuations?”
    It snows. You take a day off, dig out your car and the whole time the streets are getting ploughed. It's not my favorite thing, but I suppose it's worth it. The late spring, summer and autumn are fantastic.

It snows. You take a day off, dig out your car and the whole time the streets are getting ploughed. It's not my favorite thing, but I suppose it's worth it. The late spring, summer and autumn are fantastic.
    Must admit I do enjoy your posts re. The way of life, weather etc, great that we’ve got such a diverse group on here. I know we’ve got the alternative forum now but just your few interesting sentences in the above post still have a place on the main forum.

Must admit I do enjoy your posts re. The way of life, weather etc, great that we’ve got such a diverse group on here. I know we’ve got the alternative forum now but just your few interesting sentences in the above post still have a place on the main forum.
    Merry Christmas to you sir.

Merry Christmas to you sir.
    And to you too

I love the snow but living in Rumney it's a rarity to get a decent covering, although not unheard of. Having said that, I'm sure if I lived in the colder parts of the USA I may have a very different viewpoint. We have a friend in Minneapolis, who often sends us her snowy pics this time of year but even she's struggling to cope with the extreme cold and brutal wind.

Main forum is exactly for this and almost everything else. It’s fascinating to hear tales from around the world and different experiences. We can’t let the main forum get over run by the political threads and those threads that see people arguing and posturing.

I stayed with a family in Grand Rapids, Michigan, in 2001. I was staying with them for Christmas and wanted to know if we'd have a white Christmas or not - to which they answered... "Of course!"
    "It will arrive on the 22nd" ...they confidently told me. I arrived on the 21st, and the snow fell the following day, right on cue!

It was wonderful, blue skies with sunshine, morning/afternoon; then at about 5pm, the snow would fall, this was the regular pattern throughout my 10-day stay. Noticeably, the roads were kept quite clear but the sidewalks were covered in virgin snow, no one walks anywhere there!

One little anecdote: On arriving at their home, I noticed there was a Wendy's fast food about 150 metres from their house. I just casually mentioned that I'd never visited a Wendy's before and so it was decided we would go there. Imagine my surprise when they all got in their car!

43 inches of snow in Buffalo, NY over the weekend. I have a friend who lives up there, she used to live in NYC. It seems every year she posts pictures of some crazy winter weather event on FaceBook. I could never live up there. Meanwhile, 28C in LA yesterday.