+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Newcastle?

Newcastle?

Are they for real?

They (were) are the form team and will be in 2nd place tonight. Will they finish in the top 4? Top 6 would be a great achievement in my eyes. Breaking into the top 4 from where they were, would just be incredible.

Absolutely battering Leicester right now.

Re: Newcastle?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Are they for real?

They (were) are the form team and will be in 2nd place tonight. Will they finish in the top 4? Top 6 would be a great achievement in my eyes. Breaking into the top 4 from where they were, would just be incredible.

Money talks.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Money talks.
    It does, but not usually as quickly and effectively as this.

The money stinks in football

But I would rather see Newcastle dominate the game for a while than the usual tossers

Huge regional football club where in general the locals get behind their club

nah hope they fail

Money talks.
    A lot of money at that.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    nah hope they fail
    I can't see them becoming Man City. But they can definitely be a top 4 team. Maybe not this year, but soon.

I still Jacob Murphy still getting a run-out. I wonder what's next for him. We definitely signed the wrong one.

Are they for real?

I hope it all falls apart for Sports Washing United FC

They don't have that many new players in their team either do they?

Burn, Trippier, Guimares, wood, pope only from the 15 that played yesterday?

Not particularly crazy signings so far but their form has been amazing.

Remember a lot of people minimizing the achievements of Eddie Howe... great manager IMO. As previously mentioned they've made a couple decent signings but hardly breaking the bank in terms of what teams around them have spent.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    They don't have that many new players in their team either do they?

Burn, Trippier, Guimares, wood, pope only from the 15 that played yesterday?

Not particularly crazy signings so far but their form has been amazing.
    Botman but yeah they haven’t exactly gone out and spent crazy money.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    The money stinks in football

But I would rather see Newcastle dominate the game for a while than the usual tossers

Huge regional football club where in general the locals get behind their club
    They get behind them when they are doing well. They are a fickle bunch when things are not going well. A bit like some of the so called Welsh national team fans on here.

International

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    They get behind them when they are doing well. They are a fickle bunch when things are not going well. A bit like some of the so called Welsh national team fans on here.
    They are better than us, I spent six months working up there when they were in the Championship and went to lots of midweek games, but they are a bit fickle and give some players a bit of stick. It will be absolutely buzzing up there now.

Great people overall though, similar to the Welsh always thought, like a beer and a good laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    All football fans can be fickle . But Newcastle fans on the whole are amongst the most loyal in the game .

We cannot even hold a candle to the the likes of them , Sunderland, Sheffield Wednesday etc

All football fans can be fickle . But Newcastle fans on the whole are amongst the most loyal in the game .

We cannot even hold a candle to the the likes of them , Sunderland, Sheffield Wednesday etc
    Is that the same Sunderland who lost almost 20,000 fans from their first relegation from the Prem and shipped 14,000 during the season they went down to League 1?

Also, didn't Sheffield Wednesday have 17,000 in League 1 in 2011 after getting 28,000 in the Prem?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Is that the same Sunderland who lost almost 20,000 fans from their first relegation from the Prem and shipped 14,000 during the season they went down to League 1?

Also, didn't Sheffield Wednesday have 17,000 in League 1 in 2011 after getting 28,000 in the Prem?
    Sunderland and Sheffield Wednesday have the sort of crowds in league one that we will never ever achieve

Cardiff City getting big gates now and then does not make us a big club on a par with those mentioned

The ground looked dreadful yesterday with empty seats galore

If you think we are going to hold onto much support next year if we get relegated you need to be seeing a psychiatrist

Sunderland and Sheffield Wednesday have the sort of crowds in league one that we will never ever achieve

Cardiff City getting big gates now and then does not make us a big club on a par with those mentioned

The ground looked dreadful yesterday with empty seats galore

If you think we are going to hold onto much support next year if we get relegated you need to be seeing a psychiatrist
    I was questioning their loyalty. You keep claiming we've got the most fickle fans whereas most clubs do. But keep on putting down our fan base if it makes you feel better.

Money talks.
    It hasn't for Man Utd

I was questioning their loyalty. You keep claiming we've got the most fickle fans whereas most clubs do. But keep on putting down our fan base if it makes you feel better.
    They are far more loyal than us

They have more fans than us and those that are fans are far more loyal

We get huge inconsistencies in our crowds and its been like that for years and years

You don't get that with the genuine big clubs

That's just the reality of the situation . I would love to see us get better crowds but I am realistic . You have been sucked in by our hype .

We get huge inconsistencies in our crowds and its been like that for years and years

That's just the reality of the situation . I would love to see us get better crowds but I am realistic . You have been sucked in by our hype .
    If our crowds almost halved in 2 years you'd be on our case immediately. When it happens to Sunderland, they're loyal.

That's it. Everything else you said is just nonsense. If anyone is getting sucked in by hype it's you.

That's it. Everything else you said is just nonsense. If anyone is getting sucked in by hype it's you.
    You think that we have as many fans as them ?

Or Newcastle ?

If our crowds almost halved in 2 years you'd be on our case immediately. When it happens to Sunderland, they're loyal.
    You are insulting the intelligence of people If you think Sunderland who can fill a 48000 seater stadium were getting crowds of 24000 in league one

Massive inconsistencies in our fans

There for the big games not when it's less attractive opposition

Leeds FA Cup win ......22000 sell out

Peterborough a week later .......?