Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I wonder why we are so much more expensive
    Because we live in rip-off Britain.

Re: European energy prices

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I wonder why we are so much more expensive
    Because we don’t do anything about it…we just bend over

Re: European energy prices

Britain's reliance on gas. 85% of UK homes are heated using gas , and up to 40% of our power is generated using gas each year .

the UK has very limited gas storage capacity (up to 5 days versus up to 90 days in Germany). “This makes the UK more dependent on accessing gas in the short-term markets and therefore more exposed to price volatility

Strangely it not botherder anyone until now , you get soundbites now about setting up British energy bit late from all parties lack of forth sight ..

And I think the eco driver has put any future storage plans to bed .

Germany may have more capacity but they ned it due to there manufacturing base and size :

Germany 47% larger than United Kingdom
    Spain 107% larger than United Kingdom
    France 126% larger than United Kingdom.

The UK stupidly followed Germany mission not to have nuclear plants , howevr the Germans have coaught a cold with their slefish decesion to have a direct pipeline form Russia .

I see folks having a dig about UK decisions well if we only brought in from in 2021 Russia 4% of gas 9% of oil it seems someone did something right ????

The USA was telling Europe back in the 70's to avoid Russia investment / interest in oil production purchase , thankfully the Norwegian., UK , Denmark governments did that and exploited the North Sea oil .. Germany just looked to the East .

Demand by country is very complex ,depending on need , supply , investment , green policies , partnerships , movements like Greenpeace , politicians not supporting the governments of the day strategies say say nuclear builds , NIMBY's oh and being a very small island does not help either as our capacity is at a premium , compared to huge continents /countries such as Europe /USA /Russia /Asia ................