Avoid lad culture

Re: Avoid lad culture

It's just CAMRA. Who cares?

It's a report from The Sun so who knows if it's true 🤷

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    It's just CAMRA. Who cares?
    It's also in the sun, which I don't care about.

I just think these types of things are a bit silly, how far are we meant to go to please people that probably weren't bothered by the comments in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    It's also in the sun, which I don't care about.

I just think these types of things are a bit silly, how far are we meant to go to please people that probably weren't bothered by the comments in the first place?
    Over 99.9 % of my trainees are male, but I was told I should say "good morning everyone" instead of "morning guys" in case I offended anyone!

Quote Originally Posted by cityhammer View Post
    Over 99.9 % of my trainees are male, but I was told I should say "good morning everyone" instead of "morning guys" in case I offended anyone!
    I'd be offended at guys as well

But on a serious note, why do we have to even think like this? I'd like to think a lot of people are aware of what company they are in and can speak accordingly.

I doubt many people are offended, it just seems people want to be offended for others all the time, like a small minority that are offended for everyone everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by cityhammer View Post
    try coaching a girls team

when calling the girls in from a drill, its " in you come team " or "Come on in team "

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post

when calling the girls in from a drill, its " in you come team " or "Come on in team "
    Why?

what a load of B(none gender or race related)X

If it's all girls just call them girls.

Back to the thread, my daughter just called Grealish "girlish" my point is being, females talk like this as well.

People are trying too hard to make issues where there are none.

Best to ignore everyone. Or nod.
    Feck em.

Back to the thread, my daughter just called Grealish "girlish" my point is being, females talk like this as well.

Hope you put her on the diversity naughty step..

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Hope you put her on the diversity naughty step..
    I'd be in trouble if I did that, for hurting her feelings. Parenting is so hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Why?

Its the Guidelines we are given, even though they are girls, playing for a girls football team, they might not identify as being girls, so we use non gender terms

Its the Guidelines we are given, even though they are girls, playing for a girls football team, they might not identify as being girls, so we use non gender terms
    If someone doesn't identify as a girl then why would they play for a girls team?

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Lung View Post
    If someone doesn't identify as a girl then why would they play for a girls team?
    it could change from day to day, its all very fluid

Are you mental? there's no way in f*ck we can can them girls anymore.....um mush, mate, bud, hombre!!!

I’d never heard of or taken advice off ‘camra’ before reading this so can easily take it with a pinch of salt.

What’s far more concerning is why papers like the sun want to stir any titbit like this into hatred or anything “woke” as if being “woke” is a bad thing.

It’s the same corrupt press that let to brexit and the hatred of people trying to cross the channel

it could change from day to day, its all very fluid
    Interesting that they still choose to play in the girls' team on the days that they don't identify with being a girl.....

Quote Originally Posted by superfeathers View Post
    I’d never heard of or taken advice off ‘camra’ before reading this so can easily take it with a pinch of salt.

What’s far more concerning is why papers like the sun want to stir any titbit like this into hatred or anything “woke” as if being “woke” is a bad thing.

It’s the same corrupt press that let to brexit and the hatred of people trying to cross the channel
    It's utter bollocks

The people who tend to complain about woke and snowflakes tend to be right wing idiots

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    It's utter bollocks

The people who tend to complain about woke and snowflakes tend to be right wing idiots
    Here we go again: the endless and extremely tiresome right wing v left wing Punch and Judy show.....

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Interesting that they still choose to play in the girls' team on the days that they don't identify with being a girl.....

Back in the 90s, reading match previews on Teletext always brought a smile when a player was out injured and they put the injury in brackets next to their name, like…

“Hughes (ankle) misses out”

I guess these days we’d get something like “Williamson (boy) has not been selected”.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I guess it is the team they play for, part of a team and all that