+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bristol robbing bas****s

Angry Bristol robbing bas****s

A heads up to all fellow bluebirds
    Went to Tenerife from Bristol airport for World Cup
    Just received a fixed penalty notice from Bristol council for £120 plus a £9 clean air zone charge reduced to £60 plus £9 total £69 if paid within 28 days photo of car and number plate enclosed with summons absolutely livid as we did not know such charge existed so if your off on holiday flying from Bristol BEWARE hope this helps someone else getting caught

Re: Bristol robbing bas****s

was introduced on the 28'th November

got lucky was driving in the centre of Bristol the day before would have had the same charge too

think Bristol council will make alot of money out of this with people outside the city not knowing

Shouldn't there be advisory signs as in London?

Have you checked your car?

https://multiple-vehiclecheck-pay.dr...you_like_to_do

I’ve checked each of our cars and they’re all exempt, even my lads 15 year old Mini

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Shouldn't there be advisory signs as in London?
    There are.

Quote Originally Posted by Pembroke blue View Post
    Just received a fixed penalty notice from Bristol council for £120 plus a £9 clean air zone charge reduced to £60 plus £9 total £69 if paid within 28 days photo of car and number plate enclosed with summons absolutely livid as we did not know such charge existed so if your off on holiday flying from Bristol BEWARE hope this helps someone else getting caught
    What’s the £120 fixed pen for? I know about the £9 clean air thing, most Bristolians not happy about it. Expect Drakeford to put the same thing in place in cardiff by next summer without a doubt….

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    There are.
    Thanks. I was replying to the previous post which stated: "think Bristol council will make alot of money out of this with people outside the city not knowing"

I should have quoted the earlier post. Of course people would know as soon as they drive into the zone so the original poster's dismay is somewhat surprising.

Coming to a City nearer us soon !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    What’s the £120 fixed pen for? I know about the £9 clean air thing, most Bristolians not happy about it. Expect Drakeford to put the same thing in place in cardiff by next summer without a doubt….
    Mate didn’t honestly know about £9 charge would have paid it beforehand if I was aware £120 if you don’t pay it within 28 days 50 % discount if paid within 28 days hence £60 plus £9 original fee

There is a way to avoid this Legal Theft Charge, and that is by going over the Avon Bridge on the M5 and taking the Gordano Services exit. Take the A369 and then the first turning on the right off it. There are several routes you can take the airport from here It takes you through country lanes and adds about 20 or so minutes onto your journey, but it is worth it to avoid being ripped off. Depending on the time of your flight and the return one also, there are several nice country pubs to have a meal in on the way to the airport. I have done this route, as will friends of mine in a couple of weeks.

It beggars belief that Bristol City Council spent millions developing a route to Bristol airport to bypass driving through south Bristol and then start to charge those flying to and from the airport to use this route. I guess they know that there are literally tens of thousands of holiday makers every year heading to the airport from South/West Wales, Gloucestershire and the Midlands and think they can rub their greedy little thieving hands together, by having everyone pay for using the main access roads to the airport. F*ck 'em use this other route.

The motorist is a cash cow.50 mph on M4.20 MPH in Cardiff.Who needs 6 gears on a car these days.A milk float would be a better choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Thanks. I was replying to the previous post which stated: "think Bristol council will make alot of money out of this with people outside the city not knowing"

I should have quoted the earlier post. Of course people would know as soon as they drive into the zone so the original poster's dismay is somewhat surprising.
    How is it some what surprising to you when I drove into this area NOT LOOKING out for road signs that tell me I owe a stupid amount of money for No reason
    So taking your advice I’m visiting my daughter in Haverfordwest tomorrow I’ll keep my eyes peeled wide open that I’m not breaking any laws

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    There is a way to avoid this Legal Theft Charge, and that is by going over the Avon Bridge on the M5 and taking the Gordano Services exit. Take the A369 and then the first turning on the right off it. There are several routes you can take the airport from here It takes you through country lanes and adds about 20 or so minutes onto your journey, but it is worth it to avoid being ripped off. Depending on the time of your flight and the return one also, there are several nice country pubs to have a meal in on the way to the airport. I have done this route, as will friends of mine in a couple of weeks.

It beggars belief that Bristol City Council spent millions developing a route to Bristol airport to bypass driving through south Bristol and then start to charge those flying to and from the airport to use this route. I guess they know that there are literally tens of thousands of holiday makers every year heading to the airport from South/West Wales, Gloucestershire and the Midlands and think they can rub their greedy little thieving hands together, by having everyone pay for using the main access roads to the airport. F*ck 'em use this other route.
    Cheers mate will avoid in future just posted this to prevent other people getting done

I submitted a post earlier this evening on another thread and after being stung in respect of a Clean Air Zone in Bath that I was unaware of. I appealed, stating that I had no idea such zones even existed - and I got the £120 knocked off both the fines and I ended up paying just the £9 fees.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Have you checked your car?

https://multiple-vehiclecheck-pay.dr...you_like_to_do

I’ve checked each of our cars and they’re all exempt, even my lads 15 year old Mini
    Yes I have mate I’ve got a 2013 plate Peugeot 3008 if it had been manufactured 18 months later it would have been ok

Wow good advice mate glad you didn’t have to pay it
    I’ve already paid it online to avoid it being increased to £180 do you think it’s worth me contacting them

How is it some what surprising to you when I drove into this area NOT LOOKING out for road signs that tell me I owe a stupid amount of money for No reason
    So taking your advice I’m visiting my daughter in Haverfordwest tomorrow I’ll keep my eyes peeled wide open that I’m not breaking any laws
    You’ll be fine down in h west, they all still drive like lunatics as there is no traffic or rules to slow them down.

Wow good advice mate glad you didn’t have to pay it
    I’ve already paid it online to avoid it being increased to £180 do you think it’s worth me contacting them
    If you've paid up then I'd guess it's too late for any appeal.

So is the £120 fine part of the clean air penalty aswell as the £9?

If you weren’t looking for road signs while driving maybe you should consider whether you should be driving.

I know you're getting angry mate, but signs aren't hard to spot.
    I'm not from London (as an example) but their LEZ signs are all over.

I'm not attempting to wind you up, but they are easily spotted.

Quote Originally Posted by Its been emotional View Post
    Coming to a City nearer us soon !!!!!!!
    Yes cameras and fine going up in all Socalist havens .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Yes cameras and fine going up in all Socalist havens .

You crack me up

Quote Originally Posted by cityhammer View Post
    If you weren’t looking for road signs while driving maybe you should consider whether you should be driving.
    Ok mate let’s have a look at my driving record so far
    Passed my test in 1983 having joined the police that year
    Advanced police driver with skid pan experience
    Let loose on the the roads of Britain due to a lot of good Luck 3 points on my license in all that’
    Time for speeding never been involved ina road traffic accident so you sanctimonious little person look out for your little road signs

Link to check your vehicle.

https://www.gov.uk/clean-air-zones

Ok mate let’s have a look at my driving record so far
    Passed my test in 1983 having joined the police that year
    Advanced police driver with skid pan experience
    Let loose on the the roads of Britain due to a lot of good Luck 3 points on my license in all that’
    Time for speeding never been involved ina road traffic accident so you sanctimonious little person look out for your little road signs
    I never look at road signs these days, take your eyes away and I’ll be in the back of someone or a cyclist or be done for driving without due care and attention….