+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Israel - worrying

Israel - worrying

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-64115141

Netanyahu's hard-line new government takes office

Re: Israel - worrying

https://chrishedges.substack.com/p/i...jewish-fascism

Alon Pinkas, writing in the Israeli newspaper Haaretz, calls the coalition government, scheduled to take power in one or two weeks, “a kakistocracy extraordinaire: government by the worst and least suitable collection of ultranationalists, Jewish supremacists, anti-democrats, racists, bigots, homophobes, misogynists, corrupt and allegedly corrupt politicians. A ruling coalition of 64 lawmakers, of whom 32 are either ultra-Orthodox or religious Zionist. Certainly not a coalition Zeev Jabotinsky, the father of Revisionist Zionism, or Menachem Begin, the founder of Likud, could have ever imagined.”

Itamar Ben-Gvir, from the ultra-nationalist Otzma Yehudit, “Jewish Power,” party, will be the new minister for internal security. Otzma Yehudit is populated with members of Rabbi Meir Kahane’s Kach party, which was banned from running for the Knesset in 1988 for espousing a “Nazi-like ideology” that included advocating the ethnic cleansing of all Palestinian citizens of Israel as well as all Palestinians living under Israeli military occupation.

His appointment, along with that of other far-right ideologues, including Bezalel Smotrich, to be in charge of the Occupied Palestinian Territories (OPT), effectively jettisons the old tropes liberal Zionists used to defend Israel – that it is the only democracy in the Middle East, that it seeks a peaceful settlement with the Palestinians in a two-state solution, that extremism and racism have no place in Israeli society and that Israel must impose draconian forms of control on the Palestinians to prevent terrorism.

Ben-Gvir and Smotrich represent the dregs of Israeli society, one that promotes “Jewish identity” and “Jewish nationalism” in a Zionist version of fascism’s call for blood and soil. They are Israel’s equivalent of Lauren Boebert and Marjorie Taylor Greene. Their Religious Zionist bloc is now the third largest in the Knesset.

Those right wing Israelis are utter crackpots

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Those right wing Israelis are utter crackpots
    Why do you always departmentalise right and left wing ?

It’s nothing to do with right and left wing FFS

I see nothing being reported media wise about Israel’s illegal military interventions….

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post

I see nothing being reported media wise about Israel’s illegal military interventions….
    Are you saying that this is a Government of the left?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Are you saying that this is a Government of the left?
    Some of its policies are , but left or right, it’s still the same bird.

Either way it’s a regime supported by the UK /U.S governments , which is hypocritical

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post

Alon Pinkas, writing in the Israeli newspaper Haaretz, calls the coalition government, scheduled to take power in one or two weeks, “a kakistocracy extraordinaire: government by the worst and least suitable collection of ultranationalists, Jewish supremacists, anti-democrats, racists, bigots, homophobes, misogynists, corrupt and allegedly corrupt politicians. A ruling coalition of 64 lawmakers, of whom 32 are either ultra-Orthodox or religious Zionist. Certainly not a coalition Zeev Jabotinsky, the father of Revisionist Zionism, or Menachem Begin, the founder of Likud, could have ever imagined.”

Itamar Ben-Gvir, from the ultra-nationalist Otzma Yehudit, “Jewish Power,” party, will be the new minister for internal security. Otzma Yehudit is populated with members of Rabbi Meir Kahane’s Kach party, which was banned from running for the Knesset in 1988 for espousing a “Nazi-like ideology” that included advocating the ethnic cleansing of all Palestinian citizens of Israel as well as all Palestinians living under Israeli military occupation.

His appointment, along with that of other far-right ideologues, including Bezalel Smotrich, to be in charge of the Occupied Palestinian Territories (OPT), effectively jettisons the old tropes liberal Zionists used to defend Israel – that it is the only democracy in the Middle East, that it seeks a peaceful settlement with the Palestinians in a two-state solution, that extremism and racism have no place in Israeli society and that Israel must impose draconian forms of control on the Palestinians to prevent terrorism.

Ben-Gvir and Smotrich represent the dregs of Israeli society, one that promotes “Jewish identity” and “Jewish nationalism” in a Zionist version of fascism’s call for blood and soil. They are Israel’s equivalent of Lauren Boebert and Marjorie Taylor Greene. Their Religious Zionist bloc is now the third largest in the Knesset.
    The new government is extremely worrying. Some out and out scumbags getting some important ministries. I sincerely hope this current vile coalition disintegrates very soon.

Although, surely that article would put the minds of its readers at ease. Because according to the author Israel has always been that bad, they're just being more honest about it now.

Some of its policies are , but left or right, it’s still the same bird.

Either way it’s a regime supported by the UK /U.S governments , which is hypocritical
    Well, we’ll have to agree to disagree on that.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Well, we’ll have to agree to disagree on that.
    Their Covid policies were very authoritarian but you would no doubt agree with that

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    The new government is extremely worrying. Some out and out scumbags getting some important ministries. I sincerely hope this current vile coalition disintegrates very soon.

Although, surely that article would put the minds of its readers at ease. Because according to the author Israel has always been that bad, they're just being more honest about it now.
    It's fortunate -for the world as a whole - that the fate of the Palestinians is generally ignored by the rest of the Arab world. They know that to meddle openly would certainly bring the U.S. into a direct conflict, so for the time being they can continue to be persecuted.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    It's fortunate -for the world as a whole - that the fate of the Palestinians is generally ignored by the rest of the Arab world. They know that to meddle openly would certainly bring the U.S. into a direct conflict, so for the time being they can continue to be persecuted.
    Without wanting to open up a huge can of worms. Maybe it's because the vast majority of countries in the Arab world know that they have minorities or whole populations that are being subjugated and discriminated against to a far greater extent than the Palestinians. The levels of anti semitism endemic in that part of the world also make it quite hard for many to put forward a coherent arguement for why they dislike Israel, that doesn't just involve their hatred of Jews in general.

Still, despite in most ways being a big supporter of Israel I don't want to go down that route here because the current Israeli government is awful and fully deserving of any criticism directed towards it. Disappointed in the Biden administration aswell, I thought they'd try and crack down on the Israelis over settlement building. They don't seem to have exerted any pressure whatsoever.

Their Covid policies were very authoritarian but you would no doubt agree with that

Get out of here for Christ's sake with your conspiracy covid nonsense

Israel are going to be governed by right wing zionist crackpots

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post

It's madness

Liberal Jews are wonderful company

This lot are insane

It's everything to do with left and right

If you can't accept that it seems pointless starting the thread

It's war for territory

The left on Israel are wonderful , modern thinkers

The right are Potty

Sadly softly softly doesn't work as most countries the area want them annihilated otmy words those of the leaders orthe likes of Iran .

So when someone continues to threaten you decade after decade you simply have to deliver zero tolerance..

Look no further then Ukraine who gave up thier nukes for peace .. and then a country takes Crimea , and no feck as a consequence they back for more.. that's what will happen If Israel weakens its stance.

Far right fascists in government in one of the most volatile regions in the world

Jesus Christ

When it comes to trying to control a worldwide pandemic which we initially knew very little about.....being authoritarian gets my vote

Without wanting to open up a huge can of worms. Maybe it's because the vast majority of countries in the Arab world know that they have minorities or whole populations that are being subjugated and discriminated against to a far greater extent than the Palestinians. The levels of anti semitism endemic in that part of the world also make it quite hard for many to put forward a coherent arguement for why they dislike Israel, that doesn't just involve their hatred of Jews in general.

Still, despite in most ways being a big supporter of Israel I don't want to go down that route here because the current Israeli government is awful and fully deserving of any criticism directed towards it. Disappointed in the Biden administration aswell, I thought they'd try and crack down on the Israelis over settlement building. They don't seem to have exerted any pressure whatsoever.
    Biden is hopeless

Biden is hopeless
    I'd agree , he appears to be trying the 'be as boring as possible and do as little as possible ' method. I understand in a way a desire to try and take a bit of the sting out of politics there. Do think he needs to do a bit more though, needs to actively try and detoxify things rather than just sitting back and hoping it all simmers down of its own accord.

To take it back to Israel. This hands off approach is also going to be hugely damaging to Israel in the long term aswell. There needs to be pressure on them now to rein in the lunatics. I've long stuck up for Israel as a vibrant democracy who should probably control their right wing loons a bit more. I don't think that's an argument that can be made in good faith now. There are now people in control who are out and out supremacists, who believe that palestinians are 2nd class citizens with no place in the country. It's a sad state of affairs, I sincerely hope this is rock bottom and that the next government will be more moderate and will be in charge soon. I don't have a huge amount of faith in that happening though.

I'd agree , he appears to be trying the 'be as boring as possible and do as little as possible ' method. I understand in a way a desire to try and take a bit of the sting out of politics there. Do think he needs to do a bit more though, needs to actively try and detoxify things rather than just sitting back and hoping it all simmers down of its own accord.

To take it back to Israel. This hands off approach is also going to be hugely damaging to Israel in the long term aswell. There needs to be pressure on them now to rein in the lunatics. I've long stuck up for Israel as a vibrant democracy who should probably control their right wing loons a bit more. I don't think that's an argument that can be made in good faith now. There are now people in control who are out and out supremacists, who believe that palestinians are 2nd class citizens with no place in the country. It's a sad state of affairs, I sincerely hope this is rock bottom and that the next government will be more moderate and will be in charge soon. I don't have a huge amount of faith in that happening though.
    My mate at college went over there for a year before he started studying

The saddest thing is that within Israel there are so many liberal , open minded people of Jewish, Arab and other nationalities

He worked in tel aviv and said back then it was a wonderful place to live and political extremists were shunned

I have no idea what it's like now

Get out of here for Christ's sake with your conspiracy covid nonsense

Israel are going to be governed by right wing zionist crackpots
    Give it a rest , you are the one who called for people with different opinions to you to be forced to do unpaid forced Labour.( I’ll put the thread back up if you like.) I cannot take you seriously with views like that.

WTF is a conspiracy questioning Israel’s totalitarian Covid policies ,if you think they were fine great, but I don’t.

My mate at college went over there for a year before he started studying

The saddest thing is that within Israel there are so many liberal , open minded people of Jewish, Arab and other nationalities

He worked in tel aviv and said back then it was a wonderful place to live and political extremists were shunned

I have no idea what it's like now
    Tel Aviv is still the same, one of my favourite places. Done a bit of diving down in Eilat aswell, very chilled place. Finally made it on a day trip to Jerusalem last year, very intense place. Although my poor directional sense didn't help in that regard, walked through some dodgy seeming neighbourhoods. The settlements and some of the stuff that goes on in the west bank is absolutely awful, a real stain on the country

Give it a rest , you are the one who called for people with different opinions to you to be forced to do unpaid forced Labour.( I’ll put the thread back up if you like.) I cannot take you seriously with views like that.

WTF is a conspiracy questioning Israel’s totalitarian Covid policies ,if you think they were fine great, but I don’t.
    You are crazy 🤪

Covid lunatic

Tel Aviv is still the same, one of my favourite places. Done a bit of diving down in Eilat aswell, very chilled place. Finally made it on a day trip to Jerusalem last year, very intense place. Although my poor directional sense didn't help in that regard, walked through some dodgy seeming neighbourhoods. The settlements and some of the stuff that goes on in the west bank is absolutely awful, a real stain on the country
    It's sad , there is never going to be an end to it all

It may settle , get worse or lessen

But it's never going to end

I remember seeing a documentary on a British born photographer of Jewish descent who was murdered by the Israeli tanks several years ago

It was murder but of course it wasn't in the record books as such

Terrible