Long sleeve polo shirts ?
    Primark, you can't go wrong..

Re: Fashion Advice Thread

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Long sleeve t shirts ?

Long sleeve polo shirts ?
    I’m a big fan of both.

bring back the diamond pringle jumpers and taccini t shirts !

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    This belongs in the Fashion forum
    It's staying here till midnight

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Primark, you can't go wrong..
    Fruit of the loom

Quote Originally Posted by cityhammer View Post
    I’m a big fan of both.
    A place of purchase perchance ?

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post

Pompey away

They never went away. Tacchini is crap now, and pringle is for old smelly Tories.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    They never went away. Tacchini is crap now, and pringle is for old smelly Tories.
    I'm still wearing Pringle socks.
    Most of which were bought as Xmas gifts for me spanning a period of over 20 years.

There's the odd hole in the odd pair here and there, but I have no problem with looking like Worzel Gummidge.

What a swing in football fashion in four short years, 1970-74. 1970... tight Levi’s above DMs, braces, check Ben Sherman’s, Harrington jackets or Crombies and cropped hair....1974...Flared jeans that’d take off in a strong wind, platform shoes, flowered Budgie collared shirts, tank tops and floppy, unkempt hair. And also the odd white butchers coat.

Talking of diamonds...I'd love that diamond Adidas Lendl tracksuit top.
    They reissued a few years ago I think...but all in smallish sizes.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    What a swing in football fashion in four short years, 1970-74. 1970... tight Levi’s above DMs, braces, check Ben Sherman’s, Harrington jackets or Crombies and cropped hair....1974...Flared jeans that’d take off in a strong wind, platform shoes, flowered Budgie collared shirts, tank tops and floppy, unkempt hair. And also the odd white butchers coat.
    I think Harrington jackets are back in vogue. Seen a few out and about lately.
    Reduced from £45 to £33. How much were they back in the day?
    https://www.harringtonjacketstore.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Waa reading recently an article regarding City v Man United, 1974 game with the emphasis on the off the pitch events. Some cracking pics of flare wearing hooligans and I was impressed with the ability of those on the day who could enter a scrap wearing a scarf on both wrists with 24 inch bell bottoms.

It looks hard work.

Lad walked into the pub yesterday resplendent in a Fila tracksuit top, he's 50+.

Got ripped for it and deservedly for thinking he's Danny phucking Dyer.

Middle aged men trying to recapture their casual youth are just odd. Especially as they're usually the wrong side of 14 stone and vertically challenged.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    Lad walked into the pub yesterday resplendent in a Fila tracksuit top, he's 50+.

Middle aged men trying to recapture their casual youth are just odd. Especially as they're usually the wrong side of 14 stone and vertically challenged.
    Yeah, it's not a good look. Fila, Ellesse, Tacchini etc was designed for youngsters. It looks cheap and nasty as well. I'm 50 now and i reckon that at my age i can get away with a nice light jacket, Pyrenex is my thing at the moment, a decent pair of jeans, Ball are a favourite, but i give the Adidas shoes a miss, too full on. I like Novesta with a pair of jeans.

Fruit of the loom
    you're supposed to say "there is no fashion forum" whereby i smugly reply "exactly"

Pompey away
    wasn't confined to just pompey away think the fashion lasted from 83 to 85 until all that paisley stuff appeared

throw in the Lois jeans .Kicker Shoes and the wedge haircuts too ! .......... a bit different from the other sub cultures at that time

Spot on.🤣

Quote Originally Posted by valleys caveman View Post
    I think Harrington jackets are back in vogue. Seen a few out and about lately.
    Reduced from £45 to £33. How much were they back in the day?
    https://www.harringtonjacketstore.co.uk/
    I’ve got a couple, one with a bluebird on and one red one, which occasionally gets an outing at Wales games, never at a City match

Marks and Sparks now is it :)

Yeah, it's not a good look. Fila, Ellesse, Tacchini etc was designed for youngsters. It looks cheap and nasty as well. I'm 50 now and i reckon that at my age i can get away with a nice light jacket, Pyrenex is my thing at the moment, a decent pair of jeans, Ball are a favourite, but i give the Adidas shoes a miss, too full on. I like Novesta with a pair of jeans.
    £400 to £900 for a jacket....wow.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    £400 to £900 for a jacket....wow.
    You can get them cheaper than that, although i would buy one at that price if i really liked it and i'd have it for 20 years.

You can get them cheaper than that, although i would buy one at that price if i really liked it and i'd have it for 20 years.
    20 years!!! You lucky bugger, I’d be wearing it underground up Thornhill for most of that time if it was me.