+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fashion Advice Thread

Re: Fashion Advice Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Yeah, it's not a good look. Fila, Ellesse, Tacchini etc was designed for youngsters. It looks cheap and nasty as well. I'm 50 now and i reckon that at my age i can get away with a nice light jacket, Pyrenex is my thing at the moment, a decent pair of jeans, Ball are a favourite, but i give the Adidas shoes a miss, too full on. I like Novesta with a pair of jeans.
    Went up to ASDA this afternoon for some nibbles for tonight, quick browse in the fashion dept and treated myself to some very fashionable jeans at £10, 2 pairs for £16 if you are feeling flush, a two pack of long sleeve shirts at £14.0, and a full zip cardi at £16.0, fully kitted out at £40.0, the bonus is once you have worn them for a night you put them in the work clothes drawer for the next DIY project in the house.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathblue View Post
    Went up to ASDA this afternoon for some nibbles for tonight, quick browse in the fashion dept and treated myself to some very fashionable jeans at £10, 2 pairs for £16 if you are feeling flush, a two pack of long sleeve shirts at £14.0, and a full zip cardi at £16.0, fully kitted out at £40.0, the bonus is once you have worn them for a night you put them in the work clothes drawer for the next DIY project in the house.
    Get on a website called M and M direct, right up your street and cheap as chips. Hope you're doing ok mate, nice to see your name pop up on here.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    20 years!!! You lucky bugger, I’d be wearing it underground up Thornhill for most of that time if it was me.
    Yeah, the way i'm going i might last another ten years at best

Quote Originally Posted by Heathblue View Post
    Very true mind, you can kit yourself out in acceptable gear for a decent price nowadays. Some people spend hundreds and still look like an unmade bed.

Get on a website called M and M direct, right up your street and cheap as chips. Hope you're doing ok mate, nice to see your name pop up on here.

I’ve used them, they’re ok

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    I’ve used them, they’re ok
    Decent for bundies and socks and the odd hoodie etc cheap football shirts as well.

If your in shape youd look better in Asdas own than a fat fecker in Stone Island.

Even if your in shape dressing as an 80s hooligan is questionable.

Yeah, the way i'm going i might last another ten years at best
    Some nice long sleeve polo shirts on that m and m site

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Some nice long sleeve polo shirts on that m and m site
    Get on it sludge.

Long sleeve t shirts ?

Long sleeve polo shirts ?
    Long sleeve t-shirt and t-shirt over the top is a winner I've heard..goes well with chinos.

Get on it sludge.
    I am going in

It's a clear out

Yeah, it's not a good look. Fila, Ellesse, Tacchini etc was designed for youngsters. It looks cheap and nasty as well. I'm 50 now and i reckon that at my age i can get away with a nice light jacket, Pyrenex is my thing at the moment, a decent pair of jeans, Ball are a favourite, but i give the Adidas shoes a miss, too full on. I like Novesta with a pair of jeans.
    I've not seen Ball jeans in years.
    Do they sell them in Cardiff?
    Best I could find recently...to try on at least was Replay.

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    I've not seen Ball jeans in years.
    Do they sell them in Cardiff?
    Best I could find recently...to try on at least was Replay.
    Online. Replay are tidy. C-17 still about as well.

There's a vintage clothing shop in Royal Arcade where you might be able to pick up some odd casual gear.

[QUOTE=Tuerto;5377275]Online. Replay are tidy. C-17 still about

Loved C17 early 90s.
    Just had a look at the website...they are still selling the 80s patchwork jeans 😀

Anyone remember Gentlefolk jeans

I got a pair of Wranglers for XMAS that go very nicely with my Cherry Red DMs.

Went in to town a few weeks ago (not Cardiff) and left my coat in the car. It was bloody freezing. Saw Peacocks had a sale on so I bought a black Harrington jacket for 20 quid. Black with a gold lining. The previous one was a two-tone one from upstairs in the market about 1972. Can't remember the name. Was it Glyns or Gwynnes or something like that?

This has turned from help out a fashion novice to who wants it with Millwall after the game at Cardiff Central

Can get Harrington jacket on amazon for £12.99 .

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    Marks and Sparks now is it :)
    Currently wearing Adidas Stefan Edberg tracksuit, Aquascutum scarf wrapped sinisterly around my face, deerstalker hat and a Fila headband. Goes great with the Mille goggles.

My missus thinks I've over done it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    Currently wearing Adidas Stefan Edberg tracksuit, Aquascutum scarf wrapped sinisterly around my face, deerstalker hat and a Fila headband. Goes great with the Mille goggles.

My missus thinks I've over done it.
    Jesus Christ

Jesus Christ
    No way would I wear a crown of thorns.

Hmmm.

Perhaps if they were Armani?

Quote Originally Posted by valleys caveman View Post
    I think Harrington jackets are back in vogue. Seen a few out and about lately.
    Reduced from £45 to £33. How much were they back in the day?
    https://www.harringtonjacketstore.co.uk/
    Barracuta are nice, managed to find one for about £65 a few yrs back, about £250 new nowadays, timeless and look ok even as you age unlike the previous mentioned sportswear