+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: You’d have thought it was impossible, but feeble Cardiff hit a new low.

You’d have thought it was impossible, but feeble Cardiff hit a new low.

Whitehead expects to still be in charge on Saturday.

https://mauveandyellowarmy.net/

Re: You’d have thought it was impossible, but feeble Cardiff hit a new low.

Nobody can argue with any of that TOBW.

Unfortunately the squad does not appear good enough to survive in this division, I hope I am wrong, but as you say many digits need to be removed from where they are currently.

Quote Originally Posted by The Prophet of Doom View Post
    Nobody can argue with any of that TOBW.

Unfortunately the squad does not appear good enough to survive in this division, I hope I am wrong, but as you say many digits need to be removed from where they are currently.
    We need to go back to basics. It's a blessing we have a week off after Millwall, hopefully it gives the new manager time to work things out. It's going to be another summer of upheaval whatever division we play in, as we've got to get rid of the deadwood (if we can!). Nelson was supposed to be on his way out and he's head and shoulders above the "defenders" that played alongside him last night.

Not much to add except this - the lack of a 'proper boss' manager had led to indiscipline and sloppiness throughout the team. I doubt if Warnock or similar had been in charge we would have conceded late against Wigan, neither would Sang have spent the 1st 30 seconds of the match staring up into space. They're looking like a side with either [a] no leadership, or [b] no confidence in what they're being asked to do and who's telling then..

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    I doubt if Warnock or similar had been in charge we would have conceded late against Wigan
    All managers have games where their sides concede late goals, where those goals are equalisers or turn a draw into a defeat.

For the record, Warnock's Cardiff City conceded 4 goals in the last few minutes that turned a winning position into draws, and 5 goals that turned draws into defeats. Funnily, that only happened once in the PL.

It would be true to say that we turned more draws into wins and deficits into draws in the last few minutes under him than the other way around, but to suggest we probably wouldn't have conceded a late equaliser had Warnock been in charge is a bit of a ridiculous statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    All managers have games where their sides concede late goals, where those goals are equalisers or turn a draw into a defeat.

For the record, Warnock's Cardiff City conceded 4 goals in the last few minutes that turned a winning position into draws, and 5 goals that turned draws into defeats. Funnily, that only happened once in the PL.

It would be true to say that we turned more draws into wins and deficits into draws in the last few minutes under him than the other way around, but to suggest we probably wouldn't have conceded a late equaliser had Warnock been in charge is a bit of a ridiculous statement.
    Our side definitely played to the final whistle more under Warnock. We seemed to score quite a lot of late goals too.

This season we’ve already conceded 3 90th minute goals dropping 4 points in the league and throwing away a place in the 4th round.

We’ve also had 6 games where we were winning and ended up losing or drawing. It’s nearly 7 when you think we were 3-0 up against Boro before it finished 3-2.

All you do is knock warnock

Either come up with an alternative or feck off and watch the darts 🎯

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    Our side definitely played to the final whistle more under Warnock. We seemed to score quite a lot of late goals too.

This season we’ve already conceded 3 90th minute goals dropping 4 points in the league and throwing away a place in the 4th round.

We’ve also had 6 games where we were winning and ended up losing or drawing. It’s nearly 7 when you think we were 3-0 up against Boro before it finished 3-2.
    I'm not disputing any of that. I'm just saying that to suggest Wigan probably wouldn't have equalised against us had Warnock been in charge is nonsense. In fact I'd say it about any other manager in the history of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    All you do is knock warnock

Either come up with an alternative or feck off and watch the darts 🎯
    That's not knocking Warnock, you plonker. I'm just pointing out that we did concede late goals under him and, for the record, we've done so with every other manager we've ever had.

That's not knocking Warnock, you plonker. I'm just pointing out that we did concede late goals under him and, for the record, we've done so with every other manager we've ever had.
    Stick to jockey Wilson

I'd say we're up shit creek without a paddle, but I'm not sure we even have a boat anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    I'd say we're up shit creek without a paddle, but I'm not sure we even have a boat anymore.
    It's looking that way but we could be 6 points adrift

A win is absolutely vital on Saturday