+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: I have just had a thought……

I have just had a thought……

The sort of manager that Tan would turn to in desperate times like this is……Steve Bruce :-o

He ticks all of Tan’s boxes when desperate: available, experienced…..

We’ll give him until the end of the season then offer him a 5 year contract and then sack him after 9 straight defeats next November.

Re: I have just had a thought……

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    The sort of manager that Tan would turn to in desperate times like this is……Steve Bruce :-o

We’ll give him until the end of the season then offer him a 5 year contract and then sack him after 9 straight defeats next November.
    Would he want to pay his wages though? He’s gone for cheap options for the last 2 managers

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari_andretti View Post
    Would he want to pay his wages though? He’s gone for cheap options for the last 2 managers
    Well…..if you look at the recent depressing managerial history did we go:

Warnock - decent wages I suspect and available
    Harris - cheap and useless
    McCarthy - probably not cheap but he was available
    Morison - cheap and available
    Hudson - cheap and available
    Next - we are desperate again so Tan may well pay the going rate once more to an experienced manager to save us, as the utterly laughable return to the bargain basement experiment has failed. Again. Probably on a short term contract with a nice bonus to keep us up and a contract review in the summer? It all sounds depressingly familiar, I know.
    Last edited by Bobby Dandruff; 01-01-23 at 19:47. Reason: Add content and edit

Probably on a short term contract with a nice bonus to keep us up and a contract review in the summer? It all sounds depressingly familiar, I know.
    This is 100% the reason for not having Warnock anywhere near our club. Last thing we need is him possibly being here next season.

Well…..if you look at the recent depressing managerial history did we go:

Warnock - decent wages I suspect and available
    Harris - cheap and useless
    McCarthy - probably not cheap but he was available
    Morison - cheap and available
    Hudson - cheap and available
    Next - we are desperate again so Tan may well pay the going rate once more to an experienced manager to save us, as the utterly laughable return to the bargain basement experiment has failed. Again. Probably on a short term contract with a nice bonus to keep us up and a contract review in the summer? It all sounds depressingly familiar, I know.
    No doubt MaCarthy was cheap. He was all but finished in the UK and was sacked by his club in Cyprus (maybe known to Dalman ?).
    Would have accepted Newport County if it got him a job back in English football

We were desperate after Morison. We ended up with Hudson.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    This is 100% the reason for not having Warnock anywhere near our club. Last thing we need is him possibly being here next season.

I don't think Warnock would come in for the long term, but I bet he would love one last job till the end of the season and take pride in getting us to safety and moving us up the table.

Fair chance I would imagine, Hudson is starting to look clueless and the players seem to be losing confidence in him, and looking very frustrated, especially Robinson.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    I don't think Warnock would come in for the long term, but I bet he would love one last job till the end of the season and take pride in getting us to safety and moving us up the table.

Fair chance I would imagine, Hudson is starting to look clueless and the players seem to be losing confidence in him, and looking very frustrated, especially Robinson.
    He spunked millions.

Why do people think Tan would have him back.