+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 2 - 2 LEEDS UTD. FA Cup Match thread

Re: FT: CARDIFF CITY 2 - 2 LEEDS UTD. FA Cup Match thread

well i just noticed we are playing on itv+1... perhaps we might win that 1

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Fair play, I have seen some stupid posts on here but that one takes the biscuit.
    yes I agree....

Great performance from them, so many key players not starting so good on em

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Great performance from them, so many key players not starting so good on em
    I agree, proud of the team performance today.. hopefully take it into the Wigan game.. BLUEBIRDS!!

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Not to be picky, as I said Leeds deserved at least a draw and Alnwick saved a penalty. But could he have done better on that equalizer? He was just waiting for the ball to drop into arms when he was surrounded by Leeds players.
    That’s PL players being sharp to be fair.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Could've done without another game but encouraging performance.
    I really don’t get this, it’s a football club. They’ve also got a big squad some of whom barely play. Of course they can do with another game.

Quote Originally Posted by bluemoon View Post
    well i just noticed we are playing on itv+1... perhaps we might win that 1
    Bagan got sent of again.
    Does hre miss two games now?

Re: CARDIFF CITY v LEEDS UTD. FA Cup Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Could've done without another game but encouraging performance.
    Elland Road will be sold out, it's another £250k or so for the club.

Can’t help thinking there’s an element of something you see in politics to the reaction to our performance today. Political parties sometimes set expectations for an election, debate etc very low, so they can act in a positive way when it doesn’t turn out to be a complete disaster.

I realise I’m being harsh there - we played a lot better than we have done recently and were always going to struggle once we went down to ten, it it was close to two reserve sides playing each other today though and our performance fell away badly in the second half.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Can’t help thinking there’s an element of something you see in politics to the reaction to our performance today. Political parties sometimes set expectations for an election, debate etc very low, so they can act in a positive way when it doesn’t turn out to be a complete disaster.

I realise I’m being harsh there - we played a lot better than we have done recently and were always going to struggle once we went down to ten, it it was close to two reserve sides playing each other today though and our performance fell away badly in the second half.
    I thought we were good value for money
    With virtually all our first 11 out, we held Leeds to a credible draw.
    I really enjoyed the game, and the atmosphere was superb in the Ninian stand

Could so easily have been a 4 or 5 goal hammering, so pleased to still be in the draw for the 4th round

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Absolutely pathetic conceding like that at the end.

Typical Cardiff City. So weak and spineless.
    You prick, disgusting comment

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Elland Road will be sold out, it's another £250k or so for the club.
    How many tickets do we get? I’d like to go to Elland rd but I imagine I’d need a whole load of memberships and stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    I really don’t get this, it’s a football club. They’ve also got a big squad some of whom barely play. Of course they can do with another game.
    We may have a big squad of players but we still need to play a bunch of "first teamers" as we are short on quality in many areas of the pitch which risks injury.
    In addition losing heavily, which in this case is a real possibility, would damage team morale.

The focus, especially in our current state under transfer embargo, should be to keep key players injury free and although the revenue would be welcomed by the club, as fans we want to see first and foremost the team avoid relegation.

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    no no no...not at fault....
    Watch it again from directly in front of the goal. He's just waiting for the ball to drop into his arms. He does nothing proactive. I'm not saying it was a howler by any means, but I think he could have done better.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    How many tickets do we get? I’d like to go to Elland rd but I imagine I’d need a whole load of memberships and stuff
    10 percent ?

Just shy of 4000 ?

I can't see us taking that up to Leeds on a Tuesday night

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Hope you can afford to lose a ton.
    Fortunately I had a nice accumulator (parlay) come in on the NFL last weekend, so I’m sort of playing with house money. That was a big bet today for me though… didn’t even get the upside of a City win either 🤬

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    You prick, disgusting comment
    Bit harsh Splotty, and not like you.

Indeed. The two goals were top drawer and a reminder that we have individual players with real ability. The problem is that they cannot demonstrate that ability consistently or even for substantial periods of individual games. A draw was a good result but, while I expected a hiding, I dont thinks it's too harsh to say that for much of the second half (even before the red card) that is exactly what we got. Perhaps that's just my frustration at losing a 2 goal lead but we seemed unable to do anything at all to stem the flow of Leeds attacks in the last 30 minutes.

I thought Sang was OK today- he played a great pass in behind the defence for one of the goals. Good to have Davies back and looking sharp. Rino MOM.

I do wonder about the fitness of our players. Sawyers (who I thought played very well) looks to me to be carrying a few pounds, as does Tanner who just wasn't able to get anywhere near the tempo of the game. The whole team looked shattered after 60 mins. Hudson needs to find a way of getting more intensity out of the team for longer spells of games.

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    Fortunately I had a nice accumulator (parlay) come in on the NFL last weekend, so I’m sort of playing with house money. That was a big bet today for me though… didn’t even get the upside of a City win either ��
    Glad i didn't see your post as i'd have got on Leeds as well.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

Indeed. The two goals were top drawer and a reminder that we have individual players with real ability. The problem is that they cannot demonstrate that ability consistently or even for substantial periods of individual games. A draw was a good result but, while I expected a hiding, I dont thinks it's too harsh to say that for much of the second half (even before the red card) that is exactly what we got. Perhaps that's just my frustration at losing a 2 goal lead but we seemed unable to do anything at all to stem the flow of Leeds attacks in the last 30 minutes.

I thought Sang was OK today- he played a great pass in behind the defence for one of the goals. Good to have Davies back and looking sharp. Rino MOM.

I do wonder about the fitness of our players. Sawyers (who I thought played very well) looks to me to be carrying a few pounds, as does Tanner who just wasn't able to get anywhere near the tempo of the game. The whole team looked shattered after 60 mins. Hudson needs to find a way of getting more intensity out of the team for longer spells of games.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    10 percent ?

Just shy of 4000 ?

I can't see us taking that up to Leeds on a Tuesday night
    its 15 % I believe

A good game, at 2 - 0 at 1/2 time, I said it might not be enough if they decided to go for it, lets not forget they are a Prem team with top end players

I just hope it'll be the game to push us on, great to see ID back and playing 60 mins, Rino had a great game,

Listening to the Radio Leeds commentary of the first half and their comments have been we have no game plan, nothing up front, the two goals conceded are due to horrendous mistakes by Leeds. I kind of felt that. I didn't think we were 2-0 because we were swashbuckling, attacking, threatening their defence. If we had conceded the goals we scored we'd all be livid. Leeds at the back were utterly dreadful. We won't get much of that in the Championship.

In fairness they've been very complimentary about us defensively.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Bit harsh Splotty, and not like you.
    Borne out of frustration, it was harsh but I felt calling the City ‘weak & spineless’ after yesterday’s game was harsher.