+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Neil Warnock

Neil Warnock

Seems a lot of noise about him coming back that wont go away.

Re: Neil Warnock

Wouldn’t put anything passed us haha

I were only sayin t' Blackie an Jeppo the other day...

They’ve pressed the panic button

Surely not…..

Well in the light of nothing else ......

When Warnock joined us on 5 October 2016 we were in the relegation zone. At the end of that season we finished 12th. The next season we were promoted to the Premier League. That is a fantastic record. Of course he had faults especially in the transfer market and his apparent business relationship with a particular agent. But compare that with our managers since Warnock. Of course there must be doubts whether we have the type of players that would suit the Warnock style but I believe the gamble would be no worse than appointing the untried and untested that has been the policy in recent years. Personally I would be happy to see Warnock back but doubt whether that would ever happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    When Warnock joined us on 5 October 2016 we were in the relegation zone. At the end of that season we finished 12th. The next season we were promoted to the Premier League. That is a fantastic record. Of course he had faults especially in the transfer market and his apparent business relationship with a particular agent. But compare that with our managers since Warnock. Of course there must be doubts whether we have the type of players that would suit the Warnock style but I believe the gamble would be no worse than appointing the untried and untested that has been the policy in recent years. Personally I would be happy to see Warnock back but doubt whether that would ever happen.
    Whilst the hand wringers on here stand on their soapboxes and analyse the demise of CCFC we continue to sink

If we have no money and look like we are going down then a manager with a track record of sorting out a team and grinding out results is a better option than what we have now or what our fans think we might get

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    ...Of course there must be doubts whether we have the type of players that would suit (Warnock)
    It's been quite noticeable the lack of continuity of playing style since Dave Jones and the sometimes wholesale changing of squads.
    Using my best footballing terms
    Dave Jones attack
    MM grind
    OGS attack
    Russell Slade (if anything) grind
    Trollope attack (predating the Welsh way by 6 years if the World cup was anything to go by).
    Warnock unsophisticated
    Harris ?
    MM unsophisticated
    Morrison attack
    Hudson anything if it would work I guess

Wondering if Bagan is willing to sacrifice part of his wages for a game

Would be the last we would see of Colwill this season if it happens.

It's like déjà vu all over again.

Did anyone really believe the club wanted to change style or have any plans past the current season? Some of the talk almost had me fooled.

Think most of it was driven as usual by the manager. SM often said the right things that fans wanted to hear. When he was given the chop the charade failed.

I wouldn't be massively against Warnock for the rest of the season, if it was just that.

The football we attempt to play now has become almost as bad as aimless lumping it forward. The result of neat passing between our cbs and gk to then losing it in midfield is pretty much the same.

Ultimately a lot more needs changing at the club but I don't doubt he'd get more out of them this season than Hudson unfortunately is able to. I still don't think even he would keep them up though, we have no leaders, no one that he would build around.

I'm not sure there is much in this really.

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    Seems a lot of noise about him coming back that wont go away.
    where ?

I think it’s just a guess, let’s be honest, Hudson needs replacing and there aren’t many managers who would want to take us on under a transfer embargo. Warnock previously managed us and has experience of getting teams out of this position. He was always going to be linked with us. I’m certainly not his biggest fan and thought he should have been replaced upon promotion but for now, I would certainly get him in.

Quote Originally Posted by poc View Post
    where ?
    Facebook, I’m not on it, but it was the talk of the pub on Sunday.

Him and Sol apparently

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Facebook, I’m not on it, but it was the talk of the pub on Sunday.

Him and Sol apparently
    its real then

Quote Originally Posted by poc View Post
    its real then
    That’s why I never never posted anything on here, I was waiting for some numbskull to post it

Unique Sports Management have already got the Printer working hard printing a few new contracts ready to be signed

International

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...rk-Hudson.html

It seems the most obvious choice, ideally we would go for the very best we could get long term, but would they come in our current position?

Warnock to the end of the season makes sense, Tan can't afford for us to go down, so I think they will try and persuade him, and knowing Warnock and us being his kind of people, he'll take one MORE last job.

Which is great, but who saves us next season when we are in the same shite? The root of the problem is there is no long term plan beyond panic and change the manager and let him spend a few quid.

Eventually the downwards spiral will be too difficult to get out of, even if panic hiring a 74 year old works this time.

International

Quote Originally Posted by LA Bluebird View Post
    Which is great, but who saves us next season when we are in the same shite? The root of the problem is there is no long term plan beyond panic and change the manager and let him spend a few quid.

Eventually the downwards spiral will be too difficult to get out of, even if panic hiring a 74 year old works this time.
    I've said all along we've appointed cheaper Managers and given them £millions to waste, it looks almost too late to get a Dyche or someone that can take the team forward, but if somehow we can that should be a priority.

"It’s a fabulous club. When I was a visiting manager, I used to get up and shout instructions and the fans behind drowned me out. I couldn’t shout a flipping thing!

‘There are a couple of clubs I wish I had the chance to manage and that was one of them. I’ve always got on well with the fans there."

No, not City, but Portsmouth as he's been discussing his prospects there after the Cowleys were sacked the other day. It's like a quote jukebox adapted to whatever club he fancies. I really hope this isn't true. It feels like going back to an old girlfriend, but only because you remember certain parts, so to speak.

Appointing a 74 year old, who contributed to the mess we are in (some of his buys were not good), would be a huge backward step. he is charismatic yes but his star is fading and he is very good at promoting himself.

It is not the solution.