+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Neil Warnock

Re: Neil Warnock

Quote Originally Posted by logic View Post
    Those who actually attended games in the promotion season under Warnock will know we played some cracking passing football - Warnock reverting to type when he saw how high up the table we were and that promotion was a distinct possiblilty.

People also remember playing Man Utd off that park at Old Trafford without resorting to "percentages, free kicks, throw ins".
    Well as I was watching the very same games then again you are clearly deluded

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I beg to differ

The football under warnock in his first season and the championship season was about as direct as it gets

It's exactly what is required now wether warnock or someone else does it

Percentages , free kicks , throw ins

Shots on targets
    If we want to talk about percentages, the amount of chances created by free kicks, corners and throw ins is around 11% of all chances created. 23% of Championship goals come from set pieces, so it's hardly high percentage football unless you've got great delivery and lots of tall players, which we haven't got.

Perhaps some of us are getting a bit confused by what you mean by long ball. Are you advocating just whacking it aimlessly upfield in the hope of winning a flick-on or getting the second ball? As percentages go, it's pretty low percentage football. With the players we have it would be almost 0% successful.

There's a difference between long ball and direct. It's very possible to be a direct side who gets the ball forward early

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Nope, our best football was the stuff we played early in the promotion season which included plenty of play on the floor. Direct? Sure, but it certainly wasn't route one

Also, the last time we played long ball football we lost 8 in a row
    No it wasn't

Well as I was watching the very same games then again you are clearly deluded
    I reckon the vast majority of City fans would say the best football we played that season was at the start, when we were hardly a side that whacked it upfield with little aim. I've read so many times on here that the football we were playing at the end of the season was atritional at times and I agree.

No it wasn't
    Yes it was. Look back at the highlights of the Villa game. We played some lovely stuff. We weren't long ball at Wolves, either.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    If we want to talk about percentages, the amount of chances created by free kicks, corners and throw ins is around 11% of all chances created. 23% of Championship goals come from set pieces, so it's hardly high percentage football unless you've got great delivery and lots of tall players, which we haven't got.

Perhaps some of us are getting a bit confused by what you mean by long ball. Are you advocating just whacking it aimlessly upfield in the hope of winning a flick-on or getting the second ball? As percentages go, it's pretty low percentage football. With the players we have it would be almost 0% successful.

There's a difference between long ball and direct. It's very possible to be a direct side who gets the ball forward early
    I thought the man who wants us playing liquid football would turn up with some kind of philosophical burger to sell

Well I ain't buying it

Stoke City 2008 to 2018

Ten years they upset the big boys with anti football you lot would call it

Ten years of them beating the likes of united and spurs

And all some would do was to say it was boring football

Jesus wept sort yourselves out

Yes it was. Look back at the highlights of the Villa game. We played some lovely stuff. We weren't long ball at Wolves, either.
    I don't need to look at highlights . I was at both games .

I reckon the vast majority of City fans would say the best football we played that season was at the start, when we were hardly a side that whacked it upfield with little aim. I've read so many times on here that the football we were playing at the end of the season was atritional at times and I agree.
    Surely not; you and everyone else are clearly deluded.

Well you two are

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Meanwhile…..Carlos Corberan has lost two but won 8 since taking over at West Brom.

Wasn’t he available when the club fired Morison?
    Really wanted us to go for him. Was never likely though. Doubt they've even heard of him.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Until May I’m sure they would
    Of course they would.

International

Most people want fast-attacking football with the ball arriving in the box quickly and players having some shots in a game, not 90 minutes with one shot on target all game and hardly any other shots.

One of the best parts of the game from a fan's point of view is celebrating goals.

I don't need to look at highlights . I was at both games .
    And we played the same long ball, aimless football, that we used at the end of the season? You're prepared to commit yourself to this answer? I suggest you've been smoking too much wacky stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Most people want fast-attacking football with the ball arriving in the box quickly and players having some shots in a game, not 90 minutes with one shot on target all game and hardly any other shots.

One of the best parts of the game from a fan's point of view is celebrating goals.
    I couldn't agree more, but the reason we're hardly getting any shots on target or goals is because we're desperately short of talent in attacking areas, not what football we play.

I thought the man who wants us playing liquid football would turn up with some kind of philosophical burger to sell

Well I ain't buying it

Stoke City 2008 to 2018

I've never suggested I want us playing whatever the feck liquid football is.

I just think hoofing the ball aimlessly up field is a total waste of time and is utterly boring. I asked you a question about the difference between direct football and long ball football. Perhaps you'll answer it.

And we played the same long ball, aimless football, that we used at the end of the season? You're prepared to commit yourself to this answer? I suggest you've been smoking too much wacky stuff.
    Under warnock we were a long ball direct route one team whatever you want to call it

You of course like it when you can pretend it's something it wasn't

I've never suggested I want us playing whatever the feck liquid football is.

I just think hoofing the ball aimlessly up field is a total waste of time and is utterly boring. I asked you a question about the difference between direct football and long ball football. Perhaps you'll answer it.
    Just done it . You can call what you think is worth watching total football , pass and move , the Swansea way blah blah blah

You don't like old school football well the pretty football you like is taking us down

You lot won't have it and again tonight you pick at bits of warlocks time here to suit your own agenda

Well you lot were not complaining when we were going up 👆

Just done it . You can call what you think is worth watching total football , pass and move , the Swansea way blah blah blah

You don't like old school football well the pretty football you like is taking us down

You lot won't have it and again tonight you pick at bits of warlocks time here to suit your own agenda

Well you lot were not complaining when we were going up ��
    Are you stoned?

Are you stoned?
    Stoke City 2008 to 2016 premier league

I bet if we got there with a robust approach , beating united and the like you would stay at home , depressed

Well I ain't buying it

Stoke City 2008 to 2018

Those days have gone. nobody has been successful playing hoof ball in years

Id rather stay up with long ball than go down without it

Stoke City 2008 to 2016 premier league

I bet if we got there with a robust approach , beating united and the like you would stay at home , depressed
    the game has moved on, better teams know how to combat the long ball, not to mention its dull as hell and not many customers like it

Just been to have a look at some stats. Four games at random - Villa and Wolves at the start and the end of the season.

Chipped (high) passes: 12.2% and 13% at the start of the season, 19.2% and 20.2% at the end of the season. This is mirrored by having nearly 23% of all passes at the end of the season made by the head, up from 12% from both games earlier in the season.

In both earlier games we were around 73% for balls played forward. In the fixtures at the end we were between 77%-79%. On both occasions our pass success rate was better in the earlier fixtures than the later ones.

But, according to Sludge and his perfect recall, we played exactly the same way.....

I wonder how many Middlesbrough fans would trade Michael Carrick for Neil Warnock?

Weve missed out again. Darren Ferguson is back in work.......... at Peterborough. FFS. Thats his 4th time there.