+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Neil Warnock

Re: Neil Warnock

Anyone who thinks Warnock returning to Cardiff City is a realistic possibility should consider what Vincent Tan told the press back in November: "Neil Warnock did a good job taking us up, but then he creates a bad side and buys the wrong players. Murphy cost £11m, hardly scored any goals, then left on a free transfer. He was never worth that money. I was conned."

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Anyone who thinks Warnock returning to Cardiff City is a realistic possibility should consider what Vincent Tan told the press back in November: "Neil Warnock did a good job taking us up, but then he creates a bad side and buys the wrong players. Murphy cost £11m, hardly scored any goals, then left on a free transfer. He was never worth that money. I was conned."
    He may not be anywhere near being back in the ccfc hotseat but we need a manager like warnock who can assess what we have and get the team organised

It might not work but what we have in place certainly isn't cutting the mustard

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Just been to have a look at some stats. Four games at random - Villa and Wolves at the start and the end of the season.

Chipped (high) passes: 12.2% and 13% at the start of the season, 19.2% and 20.2% at the end of the season. This is mirrored by having nearly 23% of all passes at the end of the season made by the head, up from 12% from both games earlier in the season.

In both earlier games we were around 73% for balls played forward. In the fixtures at the end we were between 77%-79%. On both occasions our pass success rate was better in the earlier fixtures than the later ones.

But, according to Sludge and his perfect recall, we played exactly the same way.....
    That's a spaghetti of nonsense

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    That's a spaghetti of nonsense
    You're a stubborn old sod, I'll give you that.

The superstars Neil Warnock brought into the City squad during the summer of 2019 in his bid to take the club back to the Premier League:

Joe Day (free)
    Aden Flint (£4 million)
    Robert Glatzel (£5.5 million)
    Curtis Nelson (free)
    Marlon Pack (undisclosed)
    Will Vaulks (£2.1 million)
    Gavin Whyte (undisclosed fee reported to be seven figures)

Brilliant work. The man's a genius.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    The superstars Neil Warnock brought into the City squad during the summer of 2019 in his bid to take the club back to the Premier League:

Joe Day (free)
    Aden Flint (£4 million)
    Robert Glatzel (£5.5 million)
    Curtis Nelson (free)
    Marlon Pack (undisclosed)
    Will Vaulks (£2.1 million)
    Gavin Whyte (undisclosed fee reported to be seven figures)

Brilliant work. The man's a genius.
    Flint and Pack were good value

The frees were free

The frees were free
    Flint was worth £4m? How much did we get for him when we sold him?

Flint was worth £4m? How much did we get for him when we sold him?
    Good defender for us

The knives come out for warnock but loads of wages were spent by dave Jones

Which got us absolutely nowhere

I saw Robbie Fowler scoffing a kebab after a skinful when he was supposed to be getting fit to play

Why warnock gets the finger all the time is odd

Yes it was. Look back at the highlights of the Villa game. We played some lovely stuff. We weren't long ball at Wolves, either.
    No we didn’t, v Leeds playing it about:
    https://youtu.be/opvbvDmyT8o

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    exactly this, lots of praise for what Brentford have achieved in another thread by some of the same people wanting Warnock back.
    Brentford wouldn't have considered for a moment turning to a manager like Warnock, they are where they are not because they stumbled across a good manager now, but they've built upto it for years.
    building something doesn't mean tearing it all down when it starts to go wrong and going back to what we've done before when we know it isn't a good solution
    Brentford.... interesting.

Who will be the first to link Dean Smith to Mark Hudson's job?

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    No we didn’t, v Leeds playing it about:
    https://youtu.be/opvbvDmyT8o
    Yep. That's not long ball football. Great stuff. Our attack could never manage anything like that.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Brentford.... interesting.

Who will be the first to link Dean Smith to Mark Hudson's job?
    He signed Romaine Sawyers on a free too.

The frees were free
    Glatzel was sold at a loss of over £4 million, Pack cost about £750k I believe and Whyte around £2 million. I suppose you might make a case for Pack not being a dreadful signing given the fee involved and Glatzel has shown at Hamburg that his fee wasn’t extortionate, but the only one I’d argue might be called a good signing was Nelson who was more like a Bamba/Hoilett type.

Good defender for us

The knives come out for warnock but loads of wages were spent by dave Jones

Which got us absolutely nowhere

I saw Robbie Fowler scoffing a kebab after a skinful when he was supposed to be getting fit to play

Why warnock gets the finger all the time is odd
    Did you read Keith’s post on him?

Yep. That's not long ball football. Great stuff. Our attack could never manage anything like that.
    That Leeds game was the last time we saw football like that from the 17/18 team, but, for the first couple of months (about twenty five per cent of the season), they did play some good stuff - in basic terms, it lasted until Zohore’s inspired spell ended.

With the state our club is in off the field, VT will have to throw Warnock a shed load of cash for him to come back, because he ain't coming back for the love of the club.or my kind of folk bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    With the state our club is in off the field, VT will have to throw Warnock a shed load of cash for him to come back, because he ain't coming back for the love of the club.or my kind of folk bullshit.
    Quite.

He can name his price, because of the mess that the club has created.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Quite.

Not going to happen.
    VT clearly feels he had his pockets picked while Warnock was here, and I can't see him letting that go.
    The only chance is if Mehmet can talk VT into it, but Mehmet should be out the door himself as far as I'm concerned.
    Surely he's had a big part in all these shitty managerial appointments?

Quite.

A mess that he’d played a part in, he’d have a cheek to ask for any payment should he return……… no chance of that though, he’ll see us as another bunch of clueless financial mugs…..same as his first time here really.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    A mess that he’d played a part in, he’d have a cheek to ask for any payment should he return……… no chance of that though, he’ll see us as another bunch of clueless financial mugs…..same as his first time here really.
    made a career out or it

International

He'll take another whack no doubt, but I think his ego loves the adulation when he gets it right and he is popular.

Quite.

Neil Warnock bought the following players:
    Madine - 6m - contract paid up
    Bacuna - 3.5m - released
    Danny Ward - 1.7m - released
    Tomlin - 1.5m - released
    Omar Bogle - 700k - released
    Murphy - 10m - released
    Reid - 10m - sold for 10m, well done Neil
    Vaulks - 2m - released
    Pack - 2m - released
    Flint - 5m - released
    Whyte - 2m - still here, 1 goal.
    Glatzel 5.5m - sold for 500k
    Isaac Vassell - 3m - released

This mess is entirely because of Warnock's ineptitude in the transfer market. His hits were Etheridge, NML, Hoilett, Smithies and Bamba. We made 500k from the sale of those 5. I'm a Warnock fan but that's 50m pissed up the wall there.

With the state our club is in off the field, VT will have to throw Warnock a shed load of cash for him to come back, because he ain't coming back for the love of the club.or my kind of folk bullsh it.
    Already started it with the Portsmouth job.

A club he has always wanted to manage, always admired the fans down this way, my kind of people, couldnt get instructions onto the pitch as an away manager because crowd behind dugout is so loud,etc.etc *insert more bullshit* etc etc

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Already started it with the Portsmouth job.

A club he has always wanted to manage, always admired the fans down this way, my kind of people, couldnt get instructions onto the pitch as an away manager because crowd behind dugout is so loud,etc.etc *insert more bullshit* etc etc
    you know some people are just lapping that bullshit up as well

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    you know some people are just lapping that bullshit up as well
    Indeed That clown who rings a bell, the Pompey Sludge.