+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Yemen

Yemen

Cartoon News Network, CNN: Jeremy Renner was clearing driveways prior to snow plowing accident. An actor’s accident is “news”?

How about 377,000 Yeminis killed by Saudi Arabia, ½ children under 5, with US weapons, intelligence & support? Stay stupid. Stay mainstream

Re: Yemen

Some form of news slips out at times - I'm sure even Fox has done a few news items, although probably by accident.

But news programmes worldwide seem to be more an arm of the entertainment industry when they are not outright propagandists for their own governments (or governments in waiting).

Yemen is a scandal.

The Conservative Government has sold a shed load of those arms doing the killing

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    The Conservative Government has sold a shed load of those arms doing the killing
    Cheap points scoring exercise there my friend. Do a bit of research and look closer to home.

That being said , my point is that Yemen is an ongoing humanitarian disaster and is not being reported here at all.

What do you think of Blair’s actions in Iraq ?
    Are you feeling ok , genuine question ?

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    Cheap points scoring exercise there my friend. Do a bit of research and look closer to home.

That being said , my point is that Yemen is an ongoing humanitarian disaster and is not being reported here at all.

I think it rather odd that Sludges post is labelled as "cheap points scoring" just before you bring Blair and Iraq into it.
    This is a good example of what political debate has become, and possibly society: rather than take an honest look at the issues and find a consensus way forward, everyone these days resorts to cheap playground "points scoring". Tories did this, labour did that- who gives a s**t, let's forget the past and find the best way forward.

It could be that the bit of research you are requesting is the article that between you and LoM has been posted four times in the last 6 months. The thrust seems to be that the Welsh Government is complicit in war crimes because they entered into a £15m contract with Thales for cyber security because Thales manufactures weapons shipped to Saudi Arabia that could then be used in the conflict in Yemen.

https://www.ccmb.co.uk/showthread.ph...ighlight=yemen

I think the point that Sludge is making is that the UK government has contracts worth £5 billion with the same company including for the direct procurement of arms. There may be a cheap point scoring exercise going on but my money is not on Sludge in this instance.

Also it is unclear what current reporting on Yemen you were expecting. My understanding is that there has been a fragile ceasefire between the warring factions for the last 6 months though the Huthi rebels are engaging in the odd provocative drone attack.

You most certainly have a historical point about reporting on the conflict. Just that I am unclear what the current point is.

I’m keep it in the news as a few of my friends have Yemen parents/ancestry

https://www.dw.com/en/yemen-sees-lit...023/a-64125160

You are such a tory tart

I marched against the war in Iraq in Cardiff and in London

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    It could be that the bit of research you are requesting is the article that between you and LoM has been posted four times in the last 6 months. The thrust seems to be that the Welsh Government is complicit in war crimes because they entered into a £15m contract with Thales for cyber security because Thales manufactures weapons shipped to Saudi Arabia that could then be used in the conflict in Yemen.

https://www.ccmb.co.uk/showthread.ph...ighlight=yemen

I think the point that Sludge is making is that the UK government has contracts worth £5 billion with the same company including for the direct procurement of arms. There may be a cheap point scoring exercise going on but my money is not on Sludge in this instance.

Also it is unclear what current reporting on Yemen you were expecting. My understanding is that there has been a fragile ceasefire between the warring factions for the last 6 months though the Huthi rebels are engaging in the odd provocative drone attack.

You most certainly have a historical point about reporting on the conflict. Just that I am unclear what the current point is.
    My view is that's a fair summary

You are such a tory tart

That is good gesture I didn’t but I probably would if the same happened today.

At the time most people including myself supported it , as I trusted what we were being told, and it was prior to the internet days.

That is good gesture I didn’t but I probably would if the same happened today.

At the time most people including myself supported it , as I trusted what we were being told, and it was prior to the internet days.
    No shame in that buddy

I hated Blair and his crew

Cartoon News Network, CNN: Jeremy Renner was clearing driveways prior to snow plowing accident. An actor’s accident is “news”?

How about 377,000 Yeminis killed by Saudi Arabia, ½ children under 5, with US weapons, intelligence & support? Stay stupid. Stay mainstream
    The BBC Nine O'clock news is for many the one daily source of major news items. Sadly it's more like a magazine with glossy props and nifty graphics. Probably covers just one news major news item with a 'jokey' one at the end. The rest is about climate change an - to make your point - the demise of some rock star or minor celebrity who most have never heard of, just to keep in the the kids.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    The BBC Nine O'clock news is for many the one daily source of major news items. Sadly it's more like a magazine with glossy props and nifty graphics. Probably covers just one news major news item with a 'jokey' one at the end. The rest is about climate change an - to make your point - the demise of some rock star or minor celebrity who most have never heard of, just to keep in the the kids.
    Your point might have more resonance if you knew what time it started!

Your point might have more resonance if you knew what time it started!
    So, it's 'Not The Nine o Clock News'?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    So, it's 'Not The Nine o Clock News'?

Got it in one, though it probably was the last time AQM watched it!

Got it in one, though it probably was the last time AQM watched it!
    I used to have the hots for Pamela Stephenson big time!

Double standards by both administrations.

The headline says it all

Oxfam says its analysis of January 2021 to February 2022 underlines need for UK to stop arming Saudi Arabia

No shame in that buddy

I hated Blair and his crew
    So you were a Tory back then we’re you?

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    So you were a Tory back then we’re you?
    The only time I've never voted Labour in my life when Mr B Liar was in no.10. My vote went to Charlie Kennedy who sadly is no longer with us.

His hatred is deep lying ,thank god no other past or evne future Labour Goverment woululd or wil get invloved in Wars or arms sales.

Combined arms-sales (excluding China) totaled $420 billion , UK sells £22.3 billion ,cant see any goverment puitting a spoke in that one .

You are such a tory tart

I binged watched the war on Newnight every night

I’m keep it in the news as a few of my friends have Yemen parents/ancestry

https://www.dw.com/en/yemen-sees-lit...023/a-64125160
    Some welcome news that diplomacy is triumphing over the F16, for the Yemenis at least.

https://news.sky.com/story/saudi-oma...efire-12853336

No doubt brokered on the back of the ice melting between the Saudis and Iran. That could mean more, rather than less trouble in the region if Netanyahu decides that the best way to keep power is to deflect attention by giving the Palestinians another slapping I guess.