+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Football Clubs worse off than us.

Football Clubs worse off than us.

Just been reading about Crawley, dearie me! Anyway, got me thinking who has it worse.
    I'd say Oldham were right in the shit till their recent buy out, just need to win some games now.
    Coventry, no idea what's going on there but could end up very bad, very quickly.
    Any others, i can think maybe Southend & Bolton?

Re: Football Clubs worse off than us.

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    Just been reading about Crawley, dearie me! Anyway, got me thinking who has it worse.
    I'd say Oldham were right in the shit till their recent buy out, just need to win some games now.
    Coventry, no idea what's going on there but could end up very bad, very quickly.
    darlington maybe

Oldham definitely

Even ignoring financial issues they spent 21 consecutive seasons in what is now league 1 before 2 fairly quick relegations to the national League. 21 seasons ffs.

Hope this is tempered with a 'Football clubs better off than us'.

It isn't a race to the bottom.

Coventry have their ground issues but are currently 7 points ahead of us with a game in hand.

What are their debt levels?

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    Coventry have their ground issues but are currently 7 points ahead of us with a game in hand.

Coventry don't own their ground. They might not have a ground in 5 months time. They're currently a lot worse off than us. Ashley has them by the balls.

Other clubs include: Scunny, Hartlepool, Southend, Morecambe, Bury (and its two phoenix clubs) and Oldham.

Gillingham appear in very bad shape. Bottom of the basement with two league wins all season and just seven goals scored from 23 games played. Their manager, Neil Harris, is usually referred to as Nil by fans and is less popular amongst them than receiving a Stage 4 cancer diagnosis is.

Few know anything about their brand new Yank owner other than he has no known links to the club and that he's a property developer who now controls the valuable land where the club currently plays home games.

Wigan are in the crapper as well. Five games into his first managerial tenure, and with a solitary point gained, Kolo Toure has already acquired the nickname of Kolo the Clown following three successive 4-1 defeats.

Should Hudson fail to deliver a win against that shower nine days hence then surely Vinnie will press the eject button.

Worse off ? Many criteria. Squad, league position, finances, owners' intentions.

Tottenham owe close to £1 billion. Super Brighton are the 6th highest debt-laden club in the PL, but because of the wealth of the owners in the PL - not to mention the prestige - they'll just take on the debt and carry on. The Championship is another matter, and I think that with falling attendances all round, wages increasing incessantly, we're in a large bunch of clubs who are actually worth anything in real terms..

Swansea, they support Swansea.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Worse off ? Many criteria. Squad, league position, finances, owners' intentions.

Tottenham owe close to £1 billion. Super Brighton are the 6th highest debt-laden club in the PL, but because of the wealth of the owners in the PL - not to mention the prestige - they'll just take on the debt and carry on. The Championship is another matter, and I think that with falling attendances all round, wages increasing incessantly, we're in a large bunch of clubs who are actually worth anything in real terms..
    Debt isn't a bad thing provided you can service that debt. Spurs can, we can't.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Swansea, they support Swansea.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Yeah that's what a i read when got me thinking, Tan would love to sit on the bench

There was also some lunatic in Spain, who took over a club, installed himself as the manager. The Spanish Liga said he didn't have the correct qualification to sit in the technical area, so he got himself an aluminous jacket with Press on it and sat just outside the technical area

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Coventry don't own their ground. They might not have a ground in 5 months time. They're currently a lot worse off than us. Ashley has them by the balls.

Other clubs include: Scunny, Hartlepool, Southend, Morecambe, Bury (and its two phoenix clubs) and Oldham.
    I think Morecambe are doing okay, got rid of that crazy Brazilian who bought them. Surprise promotion last year and with a bit of luck might stay up.

Yeah that's what a i read when got me thinking, Tan would love to sit on the bench

There was also some lunatic in Spain, who took over a club, installed himself as the manager. The Spanish Liga said he didn't have the correct qualification to sit in the technical area, so he got himself an aluminous jacket with Press on it and sat just outside the technical area
    Let's be honest, with the majority of managers he has installed he has virtually sat on the bench.

He was telling Ole who to pick if some ex players are to be believed and I doubt it ended there.

That is for me why he should be so accountable.
    If you don't hold the man at the top who hand picks all of the personnel below him accountable then who?

I think Morecambe are doing okay, got rid of that crazy Brazilian who bought them. Surprise promotion last year and with a bit of luck might stay up.
    They've just been bought by a 20 year old and nobody knows how he has his money... These stories don't usually end well.
    The previous/current owner is the bloke who owned Worcester Warriors

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post

Already got a 5 point deduction for next season.

They've just been bought by a 20 year old and nobody knows how he has his money... These stories don't usually end well.
    The previous/current owner is the bloke who owned Worcester Warriors
    Didn't realise they'd been sold. That Warriors guy took them over after the Brazilian nobody knew anything about. Maybe Tyson Fury is backing him.

I know they don't own their ground.

Given we own our ground we should be in a much better position than them, adding in that we've had two visits to the Premier League also. What are their debt levels?

Already got a 5 point deduction for next season.
    Yes due to being unable to play games on the pitch after the Commonwealth Games were played there.

A bit harsh on them I believe given it was a decision they didn't make to have so much rugby played on it to start with.

The last mention of Coventry debt levels I can find is this -

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cov...r-23240475.amp

Just to put the new ground costs into perspective Brentford built their ground for £70 million in West London.

Ground issues, and it is a big issue, aside Coventry look to be in better shape than us.

Coventry are the obvious ones. Arent Stoke in big debt after years of being in the PL.?

Seeing Scunthorpe bottom and adrift in the National league was a surprise as they were only relegated from league 2 last season and were in league 1 a few seasons ago.

Bolton have been through a torrid time but look like they’re turning a corner now and are in a play off place this season

So many clubs have taken the admin option as well.

There should have been far stiffer penalties than the points deductions.

Scunthorpe have had it very rough, always kept a eye on them after our last game of the season in 93, funny how the football gods work