+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Cost Living 2023 Good News

Cost Living 2023 Good News

FT Latest :

Hello peeps happy new year some good news , sorry if it upsets some :

Big rise in tax revenues causing growth, Spain estimating that gross domestic product increased by more than 5 per cent in 2022. Another big factor — accounting for half of the increase according to some calculations — is high inflation, a factor present everywhere. But Financial Times research shows that Spain’s proportional gains in 2021 exceeded increases in France, Germany, Italy, Portugal and Greece even when accounting for inflation.

There is also positive news from France and across Europe about inflation flat lining and that good news for us .. when you consider the UK's exports approximately £260 billion to EU and imports £290 billion some may say its well balanced ?

Our economy will bounce back if we stop flushing cash down the toilet when someone says we want , and go for growth and development

P.M.A folks P.M.A.

Re: Cost Living 2023 Good News

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    FT Latest :

Hello peeps happy new year some good news , sorry if it upsets some :

Big rise in tax revenues causing growth, Spain estimating that gross domestic product increased by more than 5 per cent in 2022. Another big factor — accounting for half of the increase according to some calculations — is high inflation, a factor present everywhere. But Financial Times research shows that Spain’s proportional gains in 2021 exceeded increases in France, Germany, Italy, Portugal and Greece even when accounting for inflation.

There is also positive news from France and across Europe about inflation flat lining and that good news for us .. when you consider the UK's exports approximately £260 billion to EU and imports £290 billion some may say its well balanced ?

Our economy will bounce back if we stop flushing cash down the toilet when someone says we want , and go for growth and development

P.M.A folks P.M.A.

Pissing Myself Again? folks, Pissing Myself Again?

And to back up my postivness this happened in a cost of living crisis

""Take-home grocery sales increased by 7.6% in the 12 weeks to 25 December 2022
    Year-on-year growth in December was even higher at 9.4%, the fastest rate recorded since February 2021, with sales reaching a new record at £12.8 billion.

PMA

Year-on-year growth in December was even higher at 9.4%, the fastest rate recorded since February 2021, with sales reaching a new record at £12.8 billion.

PMA
    That’s mainly due the increased cost of food , apparently

PMA
    I'm surprised it's only 9.4% when you look at the increased cost of staple food items let alone anything else - well in advance of the overall supposed inflation rate of 10 or 11%!! Rip off Britain in action.

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    That’s mainly due the increased cost of food , apparently
    doesn't explain how many folk got pissed up in pubs and they ain't posh or rich feckers i can assure you

doesn't explain how many folk got pissed up in pubs and they ain't posh or rich feckers i can assure you
    You’re quite dim, aren’t you?

My energy bills have nearly doubled. My food shop is probably 10-15% higher and that’s with cutting back. My wages haven’t changed at all.
    Thankfully I’m not on minimum wage so I can still afford to go out, watch the football, have a Christmas dinner, etc. I’m still not posh or rich.

I work in hospitality and I can assure you this December was noticeable quieter than previous years.

There are many people on less than me and who were already cutting back. They’re the ones where the cost of living is a crisis and not an inconvenience.

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    You’re quite dim, aren’t you?

My energy bills have nearly doubled. My food shop is probably 10-15% higher and that’s with cutting back. My wages haven’t changed at all.
    Thankfully I’m not on minimum wage so I can still afford to go out, watch the football, have a Christmas dinner, etc. I’m still not posh or rich.

I work in hospitality and I can assure you this December was noticeable quieter than previous years.

There are many people on less than me and who were already cutting back. They’re the ones where the cost of living is a crisis and not an inconvenience.
    Tories are appalled at the prospect of plebs having any form of enjoyment. Let them eat cake (or gruel more like it)

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Tories are appalled at the prospect of plebs having any form of enjoyment. Let them eat cake (or gruel more like it)
    “Poverty doesn’t exist because I saw people in the pub” is a hell of a hot take.

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    “Poverty doesn’t exist because I saw people in the pub” is a hell of a hot take.
    There's poverty and real poverty the latter does not exist in this country thankfully , as our benefit system support is there, as is free education and health care for all and employment.

Hence the desire for migrants to come to the UK from countries with real poverty .

There's poverty and real poverty the latter does not exist in this country thankfully , as our benefit system support is there, as is free education and health care for all and employment.

Hence the desire for migrants to come to the UK from countries with real poverty .
    You seem to have a problem with people who complain about the cost of living while they are sat supping pint after pint in boozers between surfing the internet on their iPhones as a prelude to their weekly visit to a food bank.

I don't doubt you're also irked by the coordinated Calais to Dover shuttle service operated by French authorities, UK Border Force and the RNLI to seamlessly transfer tens of thousands of illegal immigrants to plush hotels here having escaped the unimaginable tyranny they were subjected to in war torn France.

You ought to relax somewhat, or chill as trendy types are fond of saying. Reread Kev's post in this thread in which he questions your intelligence. He's perfectly content to work for less pay in real terms. I really do believe the key to attaining that level of apathy and docility is to increase your TV viewing to an average of a minimum of 40 hours per week.

Life will become simpler and less stressful should you choose to join the ranks of our resident tellytubbies.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post

Life will become simpler and less stressful should you choose to join the ranks of our resident tellytubbies.
    I'm fairly sure from his previous posts that LOM is a fully paid up member of the TV viewing caste. A 'tellytubbie' no doubt.

He also (like you Organ) appears to be a fully paid up member of the tellytubies (compulsive, addicted, incontinent slaves to YouTube back channels peddling misinformation, fantasies and a cesspit of far right conspiracies).

Fortunately there is a third way between a diet of propaganda and brain numbing pap (from state and commercial TV) on one side and the sinister crank show (the depths of social media and You Tube) on the other. Although it might take a few months of cold turkey to break the habit and find the light.

i suppose not to much of a problem for these MP's with 2'nd jobs

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    i suppose not to much of a problem for these MP's with 2'nd jobs

An utter disgrace; they're taking us for fools. Any party which would ban MPs from taking second jobs would get my vote. They're on over £80k a year which is roughly 3 time average pay. I mean how much do these people need ffs?

80k just below train drivers FFS .GP's over 120k .
    There is 100 folk in CF Uni on over 150k.
    Footballers can earn 20k or 200k a week.

WAG Ministers wages expenses and freebies FfS

SIr Kier worth millions

FFS.

Get some balance its everywhere.

SIr Kier worth millions

FFS.

i guess what we can conclude from this being an MP is a part time job

not bad 80k for part time work !!!

SIr Kier worth millions

FFS.

More bollux from you FFS!

The average UK train driver's salary is under £50k (or was at the start of the month). Starting salary in most drivers jobs (from mainline trains to underground - and a lot of possible employers) is under £30k. A very small number of train drivers doing a lot of overtime have clocked over £100k in a single year - but that is doing much more than their contracted job.

Still, any deflection will do!

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    More bollux from you FFS!

The average UK train driver's salary is under £50k (or was at the start of the month). Starting salary in most drivers jobs (from mainline trains to underground - and a lot of possible employers) is under £30k. A very small number of train drivers doing a lot of overtime have clocked over £100k in a single year - but that is doing much more than their contracted job.

Still, any deflection will do!
    GPs don’t earn over 120k either

International

An utter disgrace; they're taking us for fools. Any party which would ban MPs from taking second jobs would get my vote. They're on over £80k a year which is roughly 3 time average pay. I mean how much do these people need ffs?
    Whos going to give Labour MPs jobs, Asdas don't need staff lol

International

How the hell is Lammy getting £202K?????

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    How the hell is Lammy getting £202K?????
    I really don't know but it boils my piss. I've got no time for him.