Re: Watters to Barnsley

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Knocked down the door to sign him on loan, apparently
    Good move for him

Good news.

We need another 5 or 6 out.

Will get 6 goals from now until the end of the season. Cue fans on here demanding to bring him back, always new he was a good player, Morison and Hudsons fault, destroyed his confidence. Watters returns, absolute shite....

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Will get 6 goals from now until the end of the season. Cue fans on here demanding to bring him back, always new he was a good player, Morison and Hudsons fault, destroyed his confidence. Watters returns, absolute shite....
    🤣 yeah. Bit like the Glatzel threads. Didnt play to his mystery strengths.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    �� yeah. Bit like the Glatzel threads. Didnt play to his mystery strengths.
    It always happens, Wintle was Pirlo at Blackpool, McGuiness is now crowned the new Mozza! Even though he's a bit shit.

It always happens, Wintle was Pirlo at Blackpool, McGuiness is now crowned the new Mozza! Even though he's a bit shit.
    I think McGuinness can come good. He's playing extremely well for a very big football club, who are about 5 positions below us in the pyramid! Watters will never score regularly at Champ level.

Gavin Whyte did it 3 seasons running, every time he went on loan somewhere else he got better in people's collective memories.

I think McGuinness can come good. He's playing extremely well for a very big football club, who are about 5 positions below us in the pyramid! Watters will never score regularly at Champ level.
    I'm not sure about Mcguiness, i didn't really see that much to get enthused about. He's alright in a battle, balls flying about aboove head height and that, but anything along the deck and if we're stretched, then he really struggled, he's a heavy legged lump of a player in my opinion, although i hope that you are right Pedro, we need smething!

Yes I hope he can also.

I wasn't convinced by him when he was here though, made a lot of errors, and didn't look that comfortable under a high ball - that said if youngsters are going to succeed then you have to accept some mistakes at times during their development

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Gavin Whyte did it 3 seasons running, every time he went on loan somewhere else he got better in people's collective memories.
    Yes and Yes! that's how it works

I'm not sure about Mcguiness, i didn't really see that much to get enthused about. He's alright in a battle, balls flying about aboove head height and that, but anything along the deck and if we're stretched, then he really struggled, he's a heavy legged lump of a player in my opinion, although i hope that you are right Pedro, we need smething!
    He got dumped in a crap side with crap managers. He'd only played 24 games by the time he signed for us. He'll get better but it depends how much he will get better. We really, really need him to come off. My best mate is a Wednesday fan and they absolutely love him. I agree he had major flaws but if they can get ironed out a little, with time, he might be OK.

Every bloody time. Even after Hull didn't want him back people thought he "needed a chance". Absolute garbage. Definitely a contender for Warnock's worst ever signing. £2.5m and he's not anywhere near Champ standard.

I thought that the loaning out of Maguiness was a good decision because wed see Denham pushing for a place. Instead we got Jack Simpson.

I dont know if Maguiness will be a big success but he will give us a much needed threat at set plays plus we are now without a right back for weeks.

Id rather Ng go back there. Maguiness alongside Kipre.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    I thought that the loaning out of Maguiness was a good decision because wed see Denham pushing for a place. Instead we got Jack Simpson.

I dont know if Maguiness will be a big success but he will give us a much needed threat at set plays plus we are now without a right back for weeks.

Id rather Ng go back there. Maguiness alongside Kipre.
    If Denham and Bagan can't get in the side at present, they aren't very good. By the end, Nkounkou was putting us 1-0 down every week and he still started over Bagan.

If Denham and Bagan can't get in the side at present, they aren't very good. By the end, Nkounkou was putting us 1-0 down every week and he still started over Bagan.
    I know what you're getting at, but Hudson might not fancy a younger player?

Denham has been injured almost all season. According to Hudson today he has been 'building back up' but felt a slight strain in his calf during the warm up pre-training today - so is injured again. At least that is only a calf not a new growth spurt!

Bagan appears to be fit now but the story from Hudson has been that he isn't doing enough (in training and u21s?) to force his way into the team. He says he has regular private conversations with Bagan about what he needs to do. The ball is in the player's court.

It would be a real bonus if both of them could force their way (back) into the squad this season. They'll be needed.

I actually think Watters is a naturally good player but a lazy ****

That’s why he’ll shine in league one and look like shit a level above

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    I know what you're getting at, but Hudson might not fancy a younger player?
    Might be contractually and financially obliged to play him

Gavin Whyte actually played quite well when I saw him for Hull but in a completely different position.

Some players just do better in different teams, doesn’t necessarily mean they’re good or shit.

Good luck to him, he will do well in league one.

If the transfer embargo isn't lifted, then we can still sign players to make the squad total number up to 22 (or is it 23?). With the embargo in place, the only way to make changes is via the loan system, and to do that, we need to free up places in the squad. The more we lend out, the more changes we can make. Anyone who earns a decent wage, or isn't contributing, can go somewhere else. If Hudson can lend out two or three, that could translate into two or three new players.

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    If the transfer embargo isn't lifted, then we can still sign players to make the squad total number up to 22 (or is it 23?). With the embargo in place, the only way to make changes is via the loan system, and to do that, we need to free up places in the squad. The more we lend out, the more changes we can make. Anyone who earns a decent wage, or isn't contributing, can go somewhere else. If Hudson can lend out two or three, that could translate into two or three new players.
    23 I think. We had 22, so with Watters and Morrison going that gives us 3 spaces. Centre forward, left back and central midfielder?

Dont let Cody leave on Sunday.