+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: McGuinness back

Re: McGuinness back

We’ve gone from McGuinness/Flint to McGuinness/Skint, let’s hope we don’t end up Dead and Gone.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    We’ve gone from McGuinness/Flint to McGuinness/Skint, let’s hope we don’t end up Dead and Gone.
    From Morison and Morrison to shopping for players in Morrisons.

He's enjoying himself this evening. Hillsborough is bouncing. Why on earth would he want to come back to Cardiff. Windass is too good for League 1. This evening he has shown the instinct, composure and finishing that Harris and Watters in particular will both be envious of.

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Never wanted him to go. Now want him back.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Bosch View Post
    He's enjoying himself this evening. Hillsborough is bouncing. Why on earth would he want to come back to Cardiff. Windass is too good for League 1. This evening he has shown the instinct, composure and finishing that Harris and Watters in particular will both be envious of.
    McGuinness absolutely has to come back. He's streets ahead of Simpson and co. Also, if he comes back he will be playing regularly in the Champ. Ng, McG, Kipre and O'Dowda is a decent back 4

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEAWAY View Post
    Never wanted him to go. Now want him back.
    He was brilliant today to be fair to him!

Luckily for us he doesn’t get a choice

He has a contract, and no doubt he wants to prove himself at a higher level. No doubt people have watched him, good half season in league 1 followed by a good half season at championship might get him a good move.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    Luckily for us he doesn’t get a choice
    Wednesday make an offer that Tan deems good enough to let him stay ?

They love him at Wednesday and desperately want him to stay https://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/to...52-mcguinness/

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    They love him at Wednesday and desperately want him to stay https://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/to...52-mcguinness/
    “Premier League bound”

They’re more optimistic about our play off push than me

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I bet he’s gutted.
    We will be if he plays like he did the last time he was with us. Too slow and guaranteed an error every time he plays

Quote Originally Posted by billy.ronson View Post
    Wednesday make an offer that Tan deems good enough to let him stay ?
    That’s still our choice tho.

If he is being recalled, why have City allowed him to play last night in the FA Cup?
    Should we progress to the next round, he will be cup-tied.

Quote Originally Posted by KingOfSiamIAm View Post
    If he is being recalled, why have City allowed him to play last night in the FA Cup?
    Should we progress to the next round, he will be cup-tied.
    He was cup tied before last night, he played in round 1 and 2 for them

Quote Originally Posted by KingOfSiamIAm View Post
    If he is being recalled, why have City allowed him to play last night in the FA Cup? Should we progress to the next round, he will be cup-tied.
    He was already cup-tied, having played for Sheffield in earlier rounds. The mystery is why he was allowed to play and risk injury if he’s coming back.

He was already cup-tied, having played for Sheffield in earlier rounds. The mystery is why he was allowed to play and risk injury if he’s coming back.
    I wonder whether we had to give them some notice and the notice ended after yesterday. I’m no expert though!

As I replied yesterday, the matter was due to be discussed between the clubs after the cup tie. I presume that, until then, we would have no say in when McGuinness played or not beyond what was in the original agreement.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    As I replied yesterday, the matter was due to be discussed between the clubs after the cup tie. I presume that, until then, we would have no say in when McGuinness played or not beyond what was in the original agreement.
    Bet you he’s pulled a hammy

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    If that was the case Wednesday would definitely send him back

Wonder whether they are in a position to put a bid in.

Anything decent would have a fair chance of being accepted.

£15m upfront would be nice mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post

I guess when you loan a player out, you could insert some T&Cs like any other business.
    Knowing he could be recalled in January, wouldn't have made more sense to not allow him to play in cup games?

We really do need professional management with football experience at our club.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post

Perhaps recalling him early, with one eye on where Sheffield are currently in the league, City may think they are in a good position to get a deal done.
    It wouldn’t surprise me that they are pinning their hopes on selling him to Sheffield, in order to push the transfer umbongo further down the line!

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Sheffield Star article saying the same this morning - that we could not have recalled McGuinness before the FA Cup weekend (or stopped him playing) under the terms of the loan. That is odd, given how many loan players around the country have been recalled already - but at least we had a January recall (unlike WBA with Kipre).

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    If that was the case Wednesday would definitely send him back

Na, say he’s pulled one, say leave him here, we’ll pay, then he miraculously recovers