+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: McGuinness back

McGuinness back

Re: McGuinness back

At last some good news. Ng right back. Maguiness back in the centre hopefully.

God knows why we loaned him out in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardiff Ultra View Post
    Because, after a fairly promising start to his first team career, he quickly entered a period where he seemed incapable of playing 90 minutes without making at least one catastrophic error.
    He is young (ish), I really hope that he has ironed out whatever the issues were and that he becomes a city legend. We will see.
    Has anybody seen any footage of him playing for Sheffield?

So Morison could spend some of our limited budget on Jack Simpson.

Because his form nosedived.

It was absolutely the right choice at the time

Yes, this is the first piece of good news in some time concerning the City. We will need cover desperately with Denham and Romeo injured. This has been exactly how a loan move should work and that hasn’t happened so often for us. Watters scoring at MK last season appeared to have worked when he started at the beginning of the season but didn’t pay off at Championship level. Let’s hope that McGuinness pushes on and becomes the £10 million player that McCarthy thought he could be. It’ll be interesting to see if he is slotted straight in alongside Kipré with any moving to right back, or whether Hudson fancies Sang at right back. I’m sure Hudson mentioned that Daley-Campbell could be available for a loan, or was that WalesOnline speculation? Either way, if it is correct that a FIFA embargo prevents any incoming players, it would seem to be to be a risky decision to let any further players leave now.

he wasn't going to be playing much with us, and he needed game time, it was a good loan move

I bet he’s gutted.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I bet he’s gutted.
    I thought that, seemed to be really enjoying it at Wednesday. Feel for the poor bastard.

I bet he’s gutted.
    Those were my first thoughts! Promotion battle and winning regularly in League 1 or relegation battle and losing regularly in the Championship - I know what I'd prefer.

He's coming from an environment that must be full of confidence to a club that is void of any. It'll be interesting to see how he gets on. I imagine he's only being brought back to jump straight into the starting XI, or it makes little sense.

I bet he’s gutted.
    Im sure he is. Hopefully he gets on with it and doesn't affect his performances.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Bosch View Post
    Yes, this is the first piece of good news in some time concerning the City. We will need cover desperately with Denham and Romeo injured. This has been exactly how a loan move should work and that hasn’t happened so often for us. Watters scoring at MK last season appeared to have worked when he started at the beginning of the season but didn’t pay off at Championship level. Let’s hope that McGuinness pushes on and becomes the £10 million player that McCarthy thought he could be. It’ll be interesting to see if he is slotted straight in alongside Kipré with any moving to right back, or whether Hudson fancies Sang at right back. I’m sure Hudson mentioned that Daley-Campbell could be available for a loan, or was that WalesOnline speculation? Either way, if it is correct that a FIFA embargo prevents any incoming players, it would seem to be to be a risky decision to let any further players leave now.
    Daley-Campbell probably won't go now, or at least until later in the window. I think he probably should go, he's not going to get better otherwise. McGuinness is better than Sang, so team picks itself. I also am not a massive fan of Ng at centre back. He's started to drop off all the time and plays people onside constantly. Also McGuinness is good in the air, with him and Kipre at least we can score from corners. Can't wait for McGuinness to score some outrageous OGs too

Quote Originally Posted by John Buchanan View Post
    Because, after a fairly promising start to his first team career, he quickly entered a period where he seemed incapable of playing 90 minutes without making at least one catastrophic error.
    He is young (ish), I really hope that he has ironed out whatever the issues were and that he becomes a city legend. We will see.
    Has anybody seen any footage of him playing for Sheffield?
    I have seen bits and pieces. He has been playing on the right side of a back three. Player of the Month November and December.

So McGuinness has found his feet in a back three and Hudson has apologised for switching to a back three at Blackburn.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I have seen bits and pieces. He has been playing on the right side of a back three. Player of the Month November and December.

So McGuinness has found his feet in a back three and Hudson has apologised for switching to a back three at Blackburn.
    McGuinness also played in back three last season with us. If Romeo was fit, I’d definitely consider switching to a back three of McGuinness, Kipre and Ng, but who plays on the right now? If we played with a back three, we’d need our wing backs to be more up and down the flank than our full backs are and I’m not convinced Sang can do that.

He could be our top scorer by the end of the season. I'm not joking.

Quote Originally Posted by Doucas View Post
    If thats the case we stay up.

i mean he's scored once in 17 league one games, how many are you expecting at championship level?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    i mean he's scored once in 17 league one games, how many are you expecting at championship level?
    He's our only aerial threat. I reckon he could score 3 between now and the end of the season.

Given that he's scored 1 goal per 16 starts in his career, expecting 2 goals from him might be asking a bit much.

He's our only aerial threat. I reckon he could score 3 between now and the end of the season.
    Based on nothing other than his height?

Great news , he is a top prospect ,hopefully like Wintle we now play him and see the best of him

Are we going up now then?

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Are we going up now then?
    that's the spirit