+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I killed twenty five Taliban

Re: I killed twenty five Taliban

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    The older men and the tabloids were lauding Harry in 2013 for killing Taliban. They’ve conveniently forgotten about the headlines they wrote then. https://twitter.com/scobie/status/16...u56fw_BS-wMvrw
    He wasn’t married to a dark skinned woman in 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    this thread is like reading the daily mail comments.
    Isn’t it just. Keep sticking it to em ‘Arry.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    He wasn’t married to a dark skinned woman in 2013.
    100%

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    People have short memories mate. Sadly the majority of the British public are thick as pig shit and lap up anything the media spews out.
    Fortunately we have access to a Championship football club's message board brimming with superior, more intellectual people..

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    People have short memories mate. Sadly the majority of the British public are thick as pig shit and lap up anything the media spews out.
    I haven't seen anyone dissing him for the service he he gave during his time in the forces. Sadly however those comments may come back and bite him in the bum or worryingly someone close to him if they can't get to him.

Quote Originally Posted by sneggyblubird View Post
    I haven't seen anyone dissing him for the service he he gave during his time in the forces. Sadly however those comments may come back and bite him in the bum or worryingly someone close to him if they can't get to him.
    But as I posted above. The fact he killed enemy forces was well documented years ago.

Hope he makes a fortune and keeps winding up Royalist farts , the right wing media and their old fart readers and the likes of Isabel Oakenshott and Piers Morgan.

Hes doing more service now having them all frothing out of their mouths in anger than at any time as a full time member of the Royal Family.

Keep it up Harry.

This is an interesting tweet on the story. First time I've seen the actual quote from the book. As the tweet says, context matters, not that the Mail/Express/Sun/Telegraph give a shit about that. https://mobile.twitter.com/AkanKwaku...14627909050368

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    The older men and the tabloids were lauding Harry in 2013 for killing Taliban. They’ve conveniently forgotten about the headlines they wrote then. https://twitter.com/scobie/status/16...u56fw_BS-wMvrw
    Why do so many on this board have this fixation that older men are incandescent with rage about Harry. The reactions I have seen suggest that people who don't like what he is doing come from a wider range of people than that.

I personally don't feel angry with Harry, just a bit sad that he has to resort to thi mud slinging about his family to keep his fame alive and increase his already considerable fortune.

The Twitter you quote was started by Omid Scoobie who it seems is a long time ally of Harry.

He doesn't address the point that what is causing the fuss about Harry's military service is not that he served in Afghanistan but that he revealed his kill count which seems to be a big no no amongst servicemen.

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    Why do so many on this board have this fixation that older men are incandescent with rage about Harry. The reactions I have seen suggest that people who don't like what he is doing come from a wider range of people than that.

I personally don't feel angry with Harry, just a bit sad that he has to resort to thi mud slinging about his family to keep his fame alive and increase his already considerable fortune.

The Twitter you quote was started by Omid Scoobie who it seems is a long time ally of Harry.

He doesn't address the point that what is causing the fuss about Harry's military service is not that he served in Afghanistan but that he revealed his kill count which seems to be a big no no amongst servicemen.
    To be fair the word ‘killed’ appears in three of the headlines and ‘kills’ in one other. It’s there in black & white

People have had a go at the royals for years...’They get our money for doing f*ck all’, ‘They’re freeloaders’ etc. Harry does something that the public have a choice of forking out on, ie subscribing to a tv channel, buying the book and he’s a twat. He may be a twat, I don’t know him from Adam but at least he’s earning his keep.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Fortunately we have access to a Championship football club's message board brimming with superior, more intellectual people..
    Like it!

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    People have had a go at the royals for years...’They get our money for doing f*ck all’, ‘They’re freeloaders’ etc. Harry does something that the public have a choice of forking out on, ie subscribing to a tv channel, buying the book and he’s a twat. He may be a twat, I don’t know him from Adam but at least he’s earning his keep.
    kind of agree

at least with Harry and Meghan you get some entertainment....Kate and William are just boring.

kind of agree

at least with Harry and Meghan you get some entertainment....Kate and William are just boring.
    Kate wouldn't be boring in a basque though.

Come to think of it, Kate and Meghan could make far more interesting Netflix shows both appearing in basques together.

I think that some people are confusing the criticism of Harry with defending the rest of the freeloading corrupt tossers. Let's be clear, they're all twats in my book.

To be fair the word ‘killed’ appears in three of the headlines and ‘kills’ in one other. It’s there in black & white
    Well yes it is pretty obvious that as a helicopter pilot he will have killed someone,and I am not condoning the headlines or stories,we all know what the press is like.

The point I was making was that soldiers don't normally say how many they killed.

There is also the point that at the.time of the headlines we were still at war with the Taliban,but now we are not

Well yes it is pretty obvious that as a helicopter pilot he will have killed someone,and I am not condoning the headlines or stories,we all know what the press is like.

The point I was making was that soldiers don't normally say how many they killed.

There is also the point that at the.time of the headlines we were still at war with the Taliban,but now we are not
    WW1 and WW2 fighter pilots kept a tally of their ‘kills’, didn’t they?

kind of agree

WW1 and WW2 fighter pilots kept a tally of their ‘kills’, didn’t they?
    Yes,they did and the thought did occur to me whilst I was writing.

But the 2nd world war finished 78 years ago and we have moved on since then.

Yes,they did and the thought did occur to me whilst I was writing.

But the 2nd world war finished 78 years ago and we have moved on since then.
    The Royal Family toadies in the media are still in the Middle Ages, let alone events in the last century.

It’s not exclusively older men but certainly seems like a lot of them. Clarkson being the obvious example.
    I guess it’s because they still read so much of the mail etc, they’re still the biggest age group for newspapers.

Wasn’t his whole initial thing he was getting away from the media though? Talk shows, Netflix, books….that’s the way. Almost Daniel day Lewis levels of getting away

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Wasn’t his whole initial thing he was getting away from the media though? Talk shows, Netflix, books….that’s the way. Almost Daniel day Lewis levels of getting away
    As I said, he may be a twat. But that shunning the media fallacy has been churned out by more talented individuals than Harry, it inevitably means the opposite. Even Sinatra retired and packed it all in every other week.

As I said, he may be a twat. But that shunning the media fallacy has been churned out by more talented individuals than Harry, it inevitably means the opposite. Even Sinatra retired and packed it all in every other week.
    You would have thought that he would have more respect for the uniform, especially as he's father was an officer, and he hasn't made a single comment on the whole circus.

Mind you, neither has Charles

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Kate wouldn't be boring in a basque though.

Come to think of it, Kate and Meghan could make far more interesting Netflix shows both appearing in basques together.
    why bring religion into it.

Yikes...how many times have bands like kiss Metallica and the Stones said "This is the last tour"