+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Keith Morgan confirms impact of embargo

Keith Morgan confirms impact of embargo

Re: Keith Morgan confirms impact of embargo

Keith has commented on an EFL embargo but there's some confusion on the FIFA embargo we are under.

Trust has tweeted that Keith is checking it out

Unfortunately for once Keith has got things wrong.
    This is a FIFA not EFL embargo.
    As has been stated elsewhere, no transfers in of any kind are allowed.
    Hopefully he will clarify.

So to free up a space, we have to actually sell someone. Oh dear, things just got that little bit worse. I did wonder if they could pay the first £5m instalment, then string out paying the next one for even longer....just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    Yes, I had also read this, re FIFA. Needs to be clarified by the club, to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Keith has commented on an EFL embargo but there's some confusion on the FIFA embargo we are under.

Trust has tweeted that Keith is checking it out

Thought he’d already checked thus out. Ah well

Oh dear someone’s had a mare here, can I get a refund 😂🤣😂

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    Yes, I had also read this, re FIFA. Needs to be clarified by the club, to be honest.
    They won't have a clue

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    We are under both embargoes. EFL and FIFA by the looks of it

Till 2024 ?

Unless ccfc pays the first installment of sala money

It's disgraceful that this hasn't been addressed publicly by the club.
    You could easily argue that many thousands of season ticket holders have been mislead. Not that it would make a difference to many I'm sure, but that's beside the point...

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja View Post
    It's disgraceful that this hasn't been addressed publicly by the club.
    You could easily argue that many thousands of season ticket holders have been mislead. Not that it would make a difference to many I'm sure, but that's beside the point...
    In the absence of a response from the club to the specific question I have raised it again in a list of questions to Chair Mehmet Dalman who has confirmed that they will be answered at the meeting being held with fans` groups tomorrow before the Leeds game

Keith

Club will spin as much positivity as they can whilst they can still sell half season tickets, kits over Christmas, cup game, whatever.

Could almost hear Dalman laughing at himself when he was talking about the possibility of the club lifting the embargo and it being temporary.

Surprised they haven't done some golden ticket nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    Do Trust members receive an email notification when an article is published on their website?

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Bosch View Post
    Do Trust members receive an email notification when an article is published on their website?
    I picked this up on Facebook so not sure sorry.

Under EFL regulations 52.2.3 we can only sign players with the written consent of the EFL.
    Does the FIFA regulation override this?
    Can we still sign players?
    Will be very interesting to here what Dalman has to say tomorrow.

Yes - I got an email with the Keith Morgan briefing from the Trust just after 7 am this morning. I think all major srticles on the website are emailed out to members.

I didn't see it until later today and queried it by email. Keith's briefing contradicts what was said at the press conference yesterday.

Looks like we will have to wait for the 'fan meeting' tomorrow for further clarification (or further confusion!).

Quote Originally Posted by Ninian1962 View Post
    In the absence of a response from the club to the specific question I have raised it again in a list of questions to Chair Mehmet Dalman who has confirmed that they will be answered at the meeting being held with fans` groups tomorrow before the Leeds game

Keith
    Hudson said in his interview it was FIFA not EFL

He might be wrong but would be odd to be under EFL. Not sure about the piece linked above when every source in the pst few days has said FIFA, why would the trust assume EFL? Has the trust heard different?

I see our chairman still doesn’t answer trust questions to the trust but to a group of supporters. Again shows the trust to be weaker than I’m sure we would all want. Clubs that ignore trusts aren’t well run

Yes, I got one in respect of the embargo.It came in this morning

Quote Originally Posted by Q View Post

He might be wrong but would be odd to be under EFL. Not sure about the piece linked above when every source in the pst few days has said FIFA, why would the trust assume EFL? Has the trust heard different?

I see our chairman still doesn’t answer trust questions to the trust but to a group of supporters. Again shows the trust to be weaker than I’m sure we would all want. Clubs that ignore trusts aren’t well run
    Alternatively it shows that the club treats its fans with contempt ?

At least we have the trust

For it to be stronger it needs more members

Quote Originally Posted by Q View Post

FIFA ruled that the club should be put under a three window transfer embargo.

The club operates as a member of the EFL so its embargo rules apply during that three window period.

The EFL website states that Cardiff City FC are under an embargo under its rules. There is nothing on the FIFA website to indicate that there are restrictions over and above the EFL ones.

Because of the apparent confusion over the above I have asked the club Chair to ensure that he provides full clarification of the actual position at the meeting tomorrow lunchtime. To ensure that all people at the club who know the answers have the chance to provide the required clarification I copied in the club`s CEO,FD and lead legal advisor into the request.

I have no information on which fans will be at the meeting, but have assumed it will include a number of Supporters Club Committee members as per the last meeting. Soon after the meeting concludes , I will try and get a note of it out to Trust members through the Trust membership secretary and Trust media expert. The Supporters Club will be able to do the same to its members if they wish. If I have got the FIFA/EFL embargo thing wrong , I am more than happy to say so in my report.

Keith

Quote Originally Posted by Ninian1962 View Post
    FIFA ruled that the club should be put under a three window transfer embargo.

The club operates as a member of the EFL so its embargo rules apply during that three window period.

The EFL website states that Cardiff City FC are under an embargo under its rules. There is nothing on the FIFA website to indicate that there are restrictions over and above the EFL ones.

Because of the apparent confusion over the above I have asked the club Chair to ensure that he provides full clarification of the actual position at the meeting tomorrow lunchtime. To ensure that all people at the club who know the answers have the chance to provide the required clarification I copied in the club`s CEO,FD and lead legal advisor into the request.

I have no information on which fans will be at the meeting, but have assumed it will include a number of Supporters Club Committee members as per the last meeting. Soon after the meeting concludes , I will try and get a note of it out to Trust members through the Trust membership secretary and Trust media expert. The Supporters Club will be able to do the same to its members if they wish. If I have got the FIFA/EFL embargo thing wrong , I am more than happy to say so in my report.

Keith
    If it's a FIFA one, no problem - just slip them a bag of cash

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Club will spin as much positivity as they can whilst they can still sell half season tickets, kits over Christmas, cup game, whatever.

Could almost hear Dalman laughing at himself when he was talking about the possibility of the club lifting the embargo and it being temporary.

Surprised they haven't done some golden ticket nonsense.
    I’d be surprised if we’re selling many if any half season tickets

Doesnt FIFA just tell whoever is the ruling body of the team in question to impose a transfer ban ? ? ?

I thought that was the issue when we were ruled by the FAW, the FA had no power over us

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    If it's a FIFA one, no problem - just slip them a bag of cash
    Come on QEM im sure you're more intelligent than that. You're a Tory remember, try to keep up appearances.