+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Welsh Care Packages

Welsh Care Packages

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-64181209

NHS: Discharge guidance could see patients die - doctors

Re: Welsh Care Packages

Over the bridge patients are being 'discharged' to hotels if they only need social care.

It's broken everywhere, not just in Wales.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Over the bridge patients are being 'discharged' to hotels if they only need social care.

That’s ok then , as it’s happening everywhere…..

I wonder which government privatised the care industry which pushed down already low wages , reduced job security and meant that unlike previously .....when carers were valued , had respect , a pension , reasonable working conditions .....People actually wanted to work in care ?

Was it the Welsh government that , at a stroke , fecked up the care sector ?

Now we have all the bullshit talked about valuing carers and paying a decent wage but the
    poor sods who need them are subject to the rules of the Conservative market place ....scrap the unions , scrap working rights and here are your crap wages whilst your private care company bosses get all the cash !

Welcome to the world of money poking it's nose into the NHS and Care .

Nothing to do with the Welsh government . We simply don't have the workforce in Wales to cope . Drakeford and the rest are just dealing the hand they have been given .

This is the Tories trying to blame others for the crap they have left on the floor .

Nothing to do with me , I didn't vote for them .

The reason for a crap health and social care is with the conservatives who privatised the sector

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    That’s ok then , as it’s happening everywhere…..
    Who said its OK? All I'm doing is highlighting that, even though health is devolved, problems are not unique to this side of the bridge, and neither are attempted short term solutions to resolving it.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    The reason for a crap health and social care is with the conservatives who privatised the sector
    Both Labour and Conservative governments have been slowly privatising elements of the NHS for decades , the only one who halted the process was Gordon Brown.

https://www.yournhsneedsyou.com/timeline/

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    Both Labour and Conservative governments have been slowly privatising elements of the NHS for decades , the only one who halted the process was Gordon Brown.

https://www.yournhsneedsyou.com/timeline/
    The conservatives brought in the privatisation of social care

We are now paying for the mistake

Sludge just blaming anything and everything on the UK government as usual. Totally ignoring that the Welsh Govt have been on control of these things for 20 years and that a desire to properly fund Social Care cost Teresa May her majority and led to huge criticism of Boris Johnson.

My dad is going though this at the moment. The system is in a right mess irrespective of wjethrr it's labour or Tory run. That tells you all you need to know - the solutions are found outside of party political squabbling

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    The conservatives brought in the privatisation of social care

We are now paying for the mistake
    I actually agree with you Sludge that the Tories were wrong to privatise Social Care.

But Blair's government did nothing to reverse this and indeed extend privatisation, especially with the explosion of PFI contracts which occurred on his watch.

Both sides bear responsibility for the current mess

Lack of carers , low pay , Brexit , NHS effectively getting pay cuts.

Someone said to me the other day about these strikes why dont they get another job.

Thats the problem why go into these jobs or stay in these jobs.

The country is one big mess.

Remember the homage to the NHS at the opening ceremony of the 2012 Olympics? What a joke that looks now. I happen to think the UK Government is the most guilty when it comes to the crisis point we've reached, but let's not forget that Boris Johnson as PM and Richi Sunak as Chancellor brought in National Insurance rises with the proceeds designated for the care sector and the NHS only for the swivel eyed loons in their party to make sure that the rises never came to pass.

I can't help thinking that if we really want to keep the NHS we became used to through our loves, then we're going to have to pay for it in the form of taxes. I also think some sort of cross party commission or public enquiry (conducted in months, not years) should take place with a commitment from all political parties to act on its findings.

I listened to a podcast this morning detailing some of the horror stories of people who had to go the A and E as a patient or friend or relative of a patient this winter and it's obscene, a national disgrace - this is a subject that should transcend party politics.

Lets not forget the Brexit bus.

Yes it is but we could suspend all other spending concentration on saving lives, even raise taxes ,what is the point of devolving Health to Wales if they just sit on thier hands ??

Collapse the Trusts and its bloated management , stop endless diversity training, kill the atargets fix the core issues .

All in the gift of Wales ,nothing to do with others .

International

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Lack of carers , low pay , Brexit , NHS effectively getting pay cuts.

Someone said to me the other day about these strikes why dont they get another job.

Thats the problem why go into these jobs or stay in these jobs.

The country is one big mess.
    War in Europe, an energy crisis, Covid lockdowns which Drakeford would have extended for much longer, all factors that need to be paid for its not going to be easy, we'll all have to dig deep, that's life - Tough times never last, but tough people do!

International

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Remember the homage to the NHS at the opening ceremony of the 2012 Olympics? What a joke that looks now. I happen to think the UK Government is the most guilty when it comes to the crisis point we've reached, but let's not forget that Boris Johnson as PM and Richi Sunak as Chancellor brought in National Insurance rises with the proceeds designated for the care sector and the NHS only for the swivel eyed loons in their party to make sure that the rises never came to pass.

I can't help thinking that if we really want to keep the NHS we became used to through our loves, then we're going to have to pay for it in the form of taxes. I also think some sort of cross party commission or public enquiry (conducted in months, not years) should take place with a commitment from all political parties to act on its findings.

I listened to a podcast this morning detailing some of the horror stories of people who had to go the A and E as a patient, friend, or relative of a patient this winter and it's obscene, a national disgrace - this is a subject that should transcend party politics.
    It does but has already broken I think, it needs reform the money raised is not enough to pay for everything, there are going to have to be limits set on what it can cover and what it can't, it was set up as an emergency service and now covers virtually everything which is becoming unaffordable, it is a right mess.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    It does but has already broken I think, it needs reform the money raised is not enough to pay for everything, there are going to have to be limits set on what it can cover and what it can't, it was set up as an emergency service and now covers virtually everything which is becoming unaffordable, it is a right mess.
    The NHS was not set up as an emergency service.

Are you misinformed or being deliberately disingenuous?

International

Quote Originally Posted by Claude Blue View Post

Not the correct wording, when it was set up it started with a limited budget and choice of services, such as A&E and free visits to a doctor, and gradually grew into the beast it is now.

Quote Originally Posted by Claude Blue View Post

https://www.historic-uk.com/HistoryU...th-of-the-NHS/

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2405823/

https://www.ukessays.com/essays/hist...tory-essay.php

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

I listened to a podcast this morning detailing some of the horror stories of people who had to go the A and E as a patient or friend or relative of a patient this winter and it's obscene, a national disgrace - this is a subject that should transcend party politics.
    Starmer also opposed the National Insurance increase.

Is he a swivel eyed loon as well Bob?

I agree though with your point about the NHS transcending party politic though.

I think it needs fundamental reform which can only be done with support from all parties.