+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bagan, hero or clown?

Re: Bagan, hero or clown?

Good lad

Took one for the team

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja View Post
    Great save to be fair, but left us with 10 men.
    Part of me thinks it wouldn't have made much difference mind. Decent save from Alnwick but did that still cost us?

I'm of the opinion Bagan probably saved us from an instant equaliser but now it's costly anyway as he misses games.
    I would have done the same in the same position

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    MAYBE he could have got his head to it..... but I don't condemn him...
    Looked too far wide to head it….

His 'save' was instinctive, particularly for a defender whose main role is to defend his goal.
    It was definitely going in and, had it, I have little doubt we'd have lost the game such was their dominance in the second half.

I think "clown" in the headline is grossly disrespectful and should possibly have been "villain" and Bagan's intervention almost won us the game.
    Unfortunately will get him a ban but as a team we should be able to ride it.

He had a decent game and good to see him back.

Not difficult no.
    As I've said, variables.
    If Bagan doesn't do it, there's a very strong possibility that it finishes 2-2, but he's not missing for an important league match...
    It's not difficult, but it's not rocket science the other way either, is it?
    Bagan isn't going to play said league game though. And Leeds also score with 15 minutes to play, attacking their end with their tails up. We almost certainly lose if it goes to 2-2.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Bagan isn't going to play said league game though. And Leeds also score with 15 minutes to play, attacking their end with their tails up. We almost certainly lose if it goes to 2-2.
    Yep, at that time, make sure the ball doesn't go into the net. Nothing else matters.

taking one for the team, he knew it would be a red, he saved a goal

hero

He would have had quarter of a second to make that judgement whether he could have gotten to it, if it was going in, if it was worth it

It wasn’t the end of the world, let’s not hammer him

International

Great save to be fair, but left us with 10 men.
    Part of me thinks it wouldn't have made much difference mind. Decent save from Alnwick but did that still cost us?

I'm of the opinion Bagan probably saved us from an instant equaliser but now it's costly anyway as he misses games.
    Had to be done we were in with a good chance of winning the game still, right decision IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by bluemoon View Post
    i know the ball was hit well but i recon if he had lunged his neck out he could have got a head to it, when it happens in real time and you have a fraction of a second to do something its different
    But why take the risk? I think he did the right thing. And it kept us in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    But why take the risk? I think he did the right thing. And it kept us in the game.
    He has half a second to decide. He's gone to head it, realised he can't, and he's stuck a hand out. It's not rocket science.

Hero. Ultimately the result didn't really change. We either go to 2-2 with 15mins left and 11 players or, as happened, 2-1 with 15mins left but down to 10.

It also shows in a split second decision and without even thinking he's willing to do it all for the team. That's encouraging to see.

Pretty sure he's only suspended for cup games these days. Didn't the rule on which games got missed get changed

Oh scratch that that's only for adding up yellows not reds

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    Hero. Ultimately the result didn't really change. We either go to 2-2 with 15mins left and 11 players or, as happened, 2-1 with 15mins left but down to 10.

It also shows in a split second decision and without even thinking he's willing to do it all for the team. That's encouraging to see.
    Or we go to 2-2 with 15 minutes left and down to 10 players. It was far more likely that Leeds score the penalty rather than miss it.

He turned out to be a hero. But if they score the pen , they go on to win the game, and you'd have to say he cost us.

He played well, up to his handball, but you can understand why he did it. It's a scandal that he's been sat in the stands, while the likes of Nkounkou have been regularly messing up at left back.

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    He played well, up to his handball, but you can understand why he did it. It's a scandal that he's been sat in the stands, while the likes of Nkounkou have been regularly messing up at left back.
    Can't disagree with that.
    Nkounkou seems to have a bit about him going forward, but is sure defensively.
    Given that Bagan is better defensively, and chips in with the odd goal and assist, it really does beggar belief.

Hero for me. If he doesn’t handle it, it’s a goal.
    A penalty can always be missed. If we’d have held on, His split second decision would have been genius.
    Ps, Don’t see anything at all wrong with this thread title. It’s a valid and interesting discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Worth it at the time. He only misses 1 game
    Oh how come? Not 3 games then?

IMO a hero, it was a great save