+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: O/T Hearts FC

O/T Hearts FC

They had a wage bill of around £11.2m 2021/22 ( excluding other expenses).

My point is , Hearts would probably survive quite comfortably in the Championship, so it goes to show with the correct recruitment you don’t need to spend excessive amounts to get reasonable players.

https://swissramble.substack.com/p/h...inances-202122

Re: O/T Hearts FC

Correct recruitment at City.

You have an owner who picks a manager who is out of his depth. Select members of the board then sit down with said manager and pick a squad of players and bring them on board.

The manager is then sacked and the owner and board cry foul that they've had the wool pulled over their eyes, funnily enough by the man they picked. Repeat.

It can be done. It requires the correct personnel and a plan.

We don't have the right people, don't look interested in employing the right people and also don't seem to have much of a plan other than do things as cheaply as possible and fight the Sala case in any court possible.

Judging by the Scottish clubs recent record in Europe I'd be surprised if Hearts would manage much better than Ipswich Charlton Sheffield Wednesday Barnsley and Derby have done recently in the championship

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    They had a wage bill of around £11.2m 2021/22 ( excluding other expenses).

My point is , Hearts would probably survive quite comfortably in the Championship, so it goes to show with the correct recruitment you don’t need to spend excessive amounts to get reasonable players.

https://swissramble.substack.com/p/h...inances-202122
    Hearts would not survive comfortably. They’re resigning Callum Paterson for a kick off, and looking at the squad it’s full of half decent league one players that have failed at the Champ like Liam Boyce and Jorge Grant. Also you have to pay a premium to play in the champ. Scotland is a stepping stone or a place to restart your career for most players. Only Rotherham had a wage bill below Hearts’ figure. The next lowest was Hull with 18m in 19/20 according to Swiss Ramble

Quote Originally Posted by fugsyphil View Post
    Judging by the Scottish clubs recent record in Europe I'd be surprised if Hearts would manage much better than Ipswich Charlton Sheffield Wednesday Barnsley and Derby have done recently in the championship
    Those clubs are struggling to get out of League 1, Hearts would struggle there too.

Quote Originally Posted by Talksport View Post
    Those clubs are struggling to get out of League 1, Hearts would struggle there too.
    It’s just guesswork, whenever Scottish teams play English teams they give them a great game , although obviously is a cup final to them, but Hearts have done ok in Europe all things considered in relation to the wage bill.

Quote Originally Posted by Talksport View Post
    That was my point!