Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Wizz pulling out of Cardiff Airport

Not sure who exactly levy the tax Rjk
    Wales or Westminster
    All I know is that the same tax doesn’t apply over the bridge
    Michael O’Leary was calling for it to be scrapped
    It isn’t
    Which is why it’s cheaper to fly from Bristol

If you factor in the cost of getting to Bristol Sludge along with the newly introduced’Clean air zone charge’ @£9 a day as well as the £5 drop off charge at the airport the prices even themselves out mate
    I flew from Bristol recently (Tenerife) and have booked to fly from Cardiff in May

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnysideup View Post
    Not sure who exactly levy the tax Rjk
    Wales or Westminster
    All I know is that the same tax doesn’t apply over the bridge
    Michael O’Leary was calling for it to be scrapped
    It isn’t
    Which is why it’s cheaper to fly from Bristol

If you factor in the cost of getting to Bristol Sludge along with the newly introduced’Clean air zone charge’ @£9 a day as well as the £5 drop off charge at the airport the prices even themselves out mate
    I flew from Bristol recently (Tenerife) and have booked to fly from Cardiff in May
    I don't think that's right.

The Welsh government have been calling for APD to be devolved for years, presumably so they can immediately scrap it. Westminster should have done it years ago but have been refusing to do it.

The main reason Bristol is cheaper to fly out if for carriers is the economies of scale i.e. the costs for all the behind the scenes stuff that has to go on at an airport is shared between more flights and is therefore cheaper

International

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I don't think that's right.

The Welsh government have been calling for APD to be devolved for years, presumably so they can immediately scrap it. Westminster should have done it years ago but have been refusing to do it.

The main reason Bristol is cheaper to fly out if for carriers is the economies of scale i.e. the costs for all the behind the scenes stuff that has to go on at an airport is shared between more flights and is therefore cheaper
    Yes because it's well managed and they attracted more flights while our lot keeps reducing them!