Quote Originally Posted by Sunnysideup View Post
I started a thread on electric cars on the alternative forum a few months ago.
My sister is leasing one and she’s been banging on about how great it is
She loaned it to me for the weekend for me to try with the intention of getting me onto the EV bandwagon.
My experience was frustrating to say the least!!
A two and a half hour journey took me six hours!!
You start to go into range panic mode as the battery gets lower and you need to look for a charging point.
Trouble I found was pulling into the services and all of the charging points were being used.
To charge up to eighty percent roughly takes an hour.
I couldn’t go anywhere I just had to wait until one of the charging points became available as I didn’t have enough charge to be hopping onto the next services.
My sister had a fine through from parking eye because I had overstayed my two hours at the services.
I sent a letter to explain but my appeal was rejected.
It really is insane.
Coupled with the fact that not every charging point actually worked plus in addition you had to download an app to sort payment was just so time consuming.
Honestly the car was great but actually buy one- not an effin chance.
As for the ‘Carbon Neutral do gooder’s’ it’s actually three to four times more Carbon Emissions to extract the lithium to make an EV which is another reason to turn your back on buying one.
Mark my words it’ll only be a few years until the government imposes some sort of road tax for these vehicles.
Please don’t buy one it’s all a Con ��
Electric cars registered from April 2025 will pay the lowest rate of £10 in the first year, then move to the standard rate which is currently £165.
The standard rate will also apply to electric vehicles first registered after April 2017.