+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: €6m paid

Re: €6m paid

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    That's my fear. We've paid this just to lift an embargo then we'll be arseholes again.
    Football is such a scummy game these days

A local jack reckons we deserve to go down because of the sala situation but I tell him that's the decision of the club to fight it , not the fans but there you go

I tell him the real scum are the Swansea fans who do the aeroplane

He says that's not true Swansea fans so I then leave the arena of conflict

I'm pleased to hear this, again Vinnie has bailed us out... please don't shoot the guy who has saved this club from oblivion is my message

Re: £6m paid

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Those there, even the press, were sworn to secrecy.

All apart from one tosser, stood by it
    Not so Tony. The soon to be payment by the club was not revealed by Club at the meeting. There was no 'for your ears only/sworn to secrecy' statements regarding it at all. The rumours or alleged leaks must have come from a completely different source.
    Spedger

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Football is such a scummy game these days

A local jack reckons we deserve to go down because of the sala situation but I tell him that's the decision of the club to fight it , not the fans but there you go

I tell him the real scum are the Swansea fans who do the aeroplane

He says that's not true Swansea fans so I then leave the arena of conflict
    It's not my money so I think we should have paid.

Being realistic when it comes to money I've been a dick over a lot less than £15m.

I don't doubt a lot of clubs would have acted the same.

Quote Originally Posted by bluemoon View Post
    its proper squeeky bum time now... we all know it should have been taken care of loing ago, 4 years! the poor lad lost his life, its a gamble no doubt they have been flipping coins over, pay something lift the blocks and get 2-3 players in to try and rescue this seasons shambles...

if it fails to work watch the purse close up again
    WTF are you on about?

The whole sorry saga had to be played out.
    The club have done what anyone in such an unprecedented position would have done.
    Today is a momentous day for so many, one of hope, and you put a negative spin on it.

Well done the club I say. Now let us move forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Pontprennau Blues View Post
    I'm pleased to hear this, again Vinnie has bailed us out... please don't shoot the guy who has saved this club from oblivion is my message

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Great news.

But in hindsight we could have just done this years ago, saved a lot of ****ing hassle.
    First sentence spot on.
    Second, feckin nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    First sentence spot on.
    Second, feckin nonsense.
    What, you don't think in hindsight it would have saved 4 years of hassle?

We have gained sweet fa but interest.

What, you don't think in hindsight it would have saved 4 years of hassle?

We have gained sweet fa but interest.
    Two parties lock horns in court, both sure they have a case.
    One loses.

You used the word "hindsight".
    The bleeding obvious or what?

It's not my money so I think we should have paid.

Being realistic when it comes to money I've been a dick over a lot less than £15m.

I don't doubt a lot of clubs would have acted the same.

Are you pissed?

Good old Vincent. He’s been at the centre of the two most distasteful episodes in the club’s history, and he’s eventually caved in on both occasions. What a man.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Good old Vincent. He’s been at the centre of the two most distasteful episodes in the club’s history, and he’s eventually caved in on both occasions. What a man.
    Another who just could not wait to put a negative spin on todays announcement.

You operate under the guise of a City fan yet I get the feeling from the majority of your posts that you would rather see us languishing in the depths of League 1, 2 or Conference just so that you can say "I told you so".

Pathetic

You operate under the guise of a City fan yet I get the feeling from the majority of your posts that you would rather see us languishing in the depths of Div2, 3 or Conference just so that you can say "I told you so".

Pathetic
    Have I upset you?

Have I upset you?
    You still at the same sordid little love den ?

I might pop round

Chew the fat

Two parties lock horns in court, both sure they have a case.
    One loses.

You used the word "hindsight".
    The bleeding obvious or what?
    Well yea I said in hindsight.

It's like you have never heard someone say that before.

Are you pissed?
    Not sure what's controversial here.

Not sure what's controversial here.
    Nor me, paying the fee straight away was an option - an unlikely one perhaps, but I wonder what the club’s legal bill has been over the past four years?

You operate under the guise of a City fan yet I get the feeling from the majority of your posts that you would rather see us languishing in the depths of League 1, 2 or Conference just so that you can say "I told you so".

Pathetic
    Its not just me then

‘Bailed us out again’ sort of indicates that our financial woes have been nothing to do with him yet he’s rescued us. He has the whip hand and the state of the club ultimately lands at his door. He’s the major player in the mismanagement but always seems to give the impression that others are ‘at it’ and pulling the wool over his eyes. Ultimately its him who’s let things slide, the buck has to stop at the top. Anyway, I hope we can just get on with things now, regroup as it were and gradually progress and move on from the whole sad affair.

Like thanking a man that’s been punching your Nan for an hour for stopping for a break.

This is really good news yet it’s met with the usual squabbles. This coupled with a decent result on the weekend we should be positive and hoping to turn a corner.

Im one of the last to defend tan but If id been in this situation I’d have absolutely fought it in court. Imo the fee should’ve been half as neither Nantes or city are directly at fault but it is what ir is. Tan has paid up and we can move on, he’s not the best and I hope he sells when a good bid comes up but he’s hardly the worst either

I think there are lots of issues we can lay the blame at Tans door, in the way the club has been run since his involvement.
    On this issue, I doubt that the club haven't done anything else than follow legal advise all the way through.
    My guess is that there was a need to exhaust every Avenue of proving ownership of the player, so that they have all the evidence required for an even bigger legal battle.
    Nantes use of McKay, the employment of an unqualified pilot, in a plane not fit for purpose allegedly?
    Loss of revenue streams?
    Who knows where it will end, one thing for sure though they will have taken top legal advice at every twist and turn of this whole sorry affair.

This will run for years

Stockholm Syndrome at its finest

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    ‘Bailed us out again’ sort of indicates that our financial woes have been nothing to do with him yet he’s rescued us.
    https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/spor...losses-6926486

Only 3 teams made a profit in the Championship according to this article.
    2 of those were due to a season in the Prem.

How is Tan different to all those?

I think people need to stop critisising what is a very good owner who people are still bitter about the rebrand (which they are entitled to do) however need to let it go.

He is however, making poor decisions underneath him hence the poor player recruitment, but that's a different story.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/spor...losses-6926486

Only 3 teams made a profit in the Championship according to this article.
    2 of those were due to a season in the Prem.

How is Tan different to all those?

I think people need to stop critisising what is a very good owner who people are still bitter about the rebrand (which they are entitled to do) however need to let it go.

He is however, making poor decisions underneath him hence the poor player recruitment, but that's a different story.
    How is it a different story? Its those crap decisions and failure to learn from his mistakes thats got us in this mess.