+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RIP Lisa Marie Presley

RIP Lisa Marie Presley

She has died at the age of 54 of a Cardiac Arrest.

Shows how luck I was to survive mine in August. If they get to you too late there isn't anything they can do.

Re: RIP Lisa Marie Presley

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Elwood's daily RIP thread.

In the alternative with sludge it goes.
    Many people set up RIP threads (witness the one on Jeff Beck the other day)

And the Alternative forum is not meant for them as Mike explained recently

Is it time to have a separate RIP forum where we can leave messages dedicated to strangers we know of?

Perhaps an additional RIP forum for friends, family, neighbours and acquaintances who are not celebrities.

Another forum I use has one RIP thread. If someone dies then people post on that thread. It saves having lots of RIP threads.

International

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    Another forum I use has one RIP thread. If someone dies then people post on that thread. It saves having lots of RIP threads.
    Especially this year there's one or more famous-ish people dying a day!

Imagine the outcry when her father dies!

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post

Would be a busy deadly forum.

I've arranged to keep posting after death .. so don't offer me any RIP crap

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post

This is her best song poignant lyrics

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jg4SM1be64Y

Especially lyric the line " hole in the ground waiting "

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    She has died at the age of 54 of a Cardiac Arrest.

Shows how luck I was to survive mine in August. If they get to you too late there isn't anything they can do.
    Statins and Guinness is the way forward , stay strong

Never really get these RIP threads about famous people unless people are yapping about the dead uns lasting legacy if they were interesting enough.

It's a shame they're brown bread but let's face facts, that's in the coming post for all of us.

Just automatically posting RIP Elvis's daughter is just odd if you never knew her personally.

Does the board do a celebrity 'dead pool' competition I know nothing about? If not, anyone interested?

She was an attractive lass

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Especially this year there's one or more famous-ish people dying a day!
    Is that because there's more famous people these days as the definition has widened, or because more people are dying generally?

Yeah, as a parent you expect to go before your kids!

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    Never really isget these RIP threads about famous people unless people are yapping about the dead uns lasting legacy if they were interesting enough.

It's a shame they're brown bread but let's face facts, that's in the coming post for all of us.

Just automatically posting RIP Elvis's daughter is just odd if you never knew her personally.

Does the board do a celebrity 'dead pool' competition I know nothing about? If not, anyone interested?
    Why is it odd? ( Thanks for calling me that by the wsy)

People have posted RIP threads on this board for many years.

Oh and there was a celebrity dead pool thread on here just before Christmas.

RIP threads, whilst many may be uninteresting and of no relevance to some, will be the opposite to others.

The OP has stated that he survived something similar to the condition that killed L-MP. Pretty relevant to him I'd say and may well be something that others have experienced and could start a dialogue to raise awareness.

What I don't get is the people who moan about a post and why reply at all, just ignore it

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    She was an attractive lass
    For about 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    RIP threads, whilst many may be uninteresting and of no relevance to some, will be the opposite to others.

The OP has stated that he survived something similar to the condition that killed L-MP. Pretty relevant to him I'd say and may well be something that others have experienced and could start a dialogue to raise awareness.

What I don't get is the people who moan about a post and why reply at all, just ignore it
    Weil said that man!

Actually people perhaps don't realise that if you suffer a cardiac arrest at home you have a 10-15% chance of surviving and that really depends if there is someone around to perform CPR on you.

Luckily my son was and as he is training to be a Physiotherapist he has practised it as a part of his course.

Even so, I was still not expected to survive for the next few weeks until I came out of my coma.

And the survival rate if you arrest in a hospital setting is not great either.

Incidentally when you see these hospital drama's or documentaries when they say someone is in VF (Ventricular Fibrillation) it means they have had a Cardiac Arrest.

So,yes Lisa Marie Presley's death was pretty relevant to me despite some of the ignorant responses on this thread.

Why is it odd? ( Thanks for calling me that by the wsy)

People have posted RIP threads on this board for many years.

Oh and there was a celebrity dead pool thread on here just before Christmas.
    Funnily enough El, I get your post as you were highlighting the importance of CPR or cardiac arrest treatment being needed quickly or its game over for the individual.

I mean generally.

We're all phucking odd butt.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post

Yes you're absolutely right and it's interesting to get the perspective from someone who suffered the same condition.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Yeah, as a parent you expect to go before your kids!

Among other sightings, Elvis was spotted, quite understandably, coming out of Roy Larcombe’s in Carlisle St today.

Weil said that man!

Actually people perhaps don't realise that if you suffer a cardiac arrest at home you have a 10-15% chance of surviving and that really depends if there is someone around to perform CPR on you.

Luckily my son was and as he is training to be a Physiotherapist he has practised it as a part of his course.

Even so, I was still not expected to survive for the next few weeks until I came out of my coma.

And the survival rate if you arrest in a hospital setting is not great either.

Incidentally when you see these hospital drama's or documentaries when they say someone is in VF (Ventricular Fibrillation) it means they have had a Cardiac Arrest.

So,yes Lisa Marie Presley's death was pretty relevant to me despite some of the ignorant responses on this thread.
    👍I'm so glad you're feeling better Elwood

Among other sightings, Elvis was spotted, quite understandably, coming out of Roy Larcombe’s in Carlisle St today.
    Or was it the Devil in disguise?

Many people set up RIP threads (witness the one on Jeff Beck the other day)

And the Alternative forum is not meant for them as Mike explained recently
    Don't waste your time

Glad you are well

But vote Tory again and I will be round to have a word

Live in peace is a better term to champion than Rest in peace.Just saying like!